Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

100k for a used hellcat?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Saw this on another forum, enjoy! I think it's a hellcat but not sure.

Attachments

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Yikes...🤮. Highway robbery right there. Wonder if they went through with it???

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
28% :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Even credit card interest is less that that, these ppl's credit must be totally in the crapper !!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
28% :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Even credit card interest is less that that, these ppl's credit must be totally in the crapper !!
I had friends of mine go to jail in the early 90's for chargin those kinda rates...(there out now)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Holy hell, I squealed like a bitch when I financed the DSRT at 3.99% after having a loan on the HC at 2.04%

28%?!

BAD credit card rates are 16%...

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
The epitome of being "upside down" on a loan, but immediately not down the road due to unforeseen circumstances.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
That almost seems like a setup finance doc.

Nobody would actually do that would they?

And at 96 months too...

I'm going to go see what my total finance on the HC was...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Holy hell, I squealed like a bitch when I financed the DSRT at 3.99% after having a loan on the HC at 2.04%

28%?!

BAD credit card rates are 16%...
Thats sheer insanity...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I just looked

~$69,200 financed
cost me ~$4,425

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That is why states have secatarys of fianances is to keep this kinda crap from happening. Sum states get away with it and some are run by the credit card industry. I have seen some as high as 36% on some credit cards. You either have to have very bad credit, alot of $$$, stupid or all the above. With my loan I had to start out with a 5.2% out of Atlanta bank cause it was on a Sat. credit locked and I wanted the car. Refianced the car the next month to a local credit union. 3.2% and will go lower. Do to the unformatted of not have any income and my paid town homes are rented. No income got me. I just take $$$ out when I need it. Roth IRA's taxes already paid for so it's cash sitting there. I will die with that account still open. Yea,, next week. Unless this guys has sum richer inlaws and can use the tax deduct, he is dumb as a box of rocks came from the moon. Or so they say. Sorry mom and pops.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I just looked

~$69,200 financed
cost me ~$4,425
Even that would bother me...the only way i would consider any auto financing plan would be zero %...even then..its usually 0%...or cash back...and generally any vehicle i would consider purchasing..never qualifies for those incentives...I work too hard for my money to pay interest..I understand money is a commodity... fortunately...I'm at a point in my life that I have no need to rely on lending institutions...

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Even that would bother me...the only way i would consider any auto financing plan would be zero %...even then..its usually 0%...or cash back...and generally any vehicle i would consider purchasing..never qualifies for those incentives...I work too hard for my money to pay interest..I understand money is a commodity... fortunately...I'm at a point in my life that I have no need to rely on lending institutions...
And it used to be just about moving units. Selling cars. The old "cash is king" is not so much a thing anymore. Dealers want you to finance as there has to be some sort of kick back with thier chosen lenders and then of course the other newer revenue stream...upsale on extended warranties and the like. 3 of the last 5 cars I bought were paid with cash in full. The dealer people(sales & finance) are left gasping for air when you pay in cash and say no to the other crap they are trying to sell. Almost sad. Almost. 😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And it used to be just about moving units. Selling cars. The old "cash is king" is not so much a thing anymore. Dealers want you to finance as there has to be some sort of kick back with thier chosen lenders and then of course the other newer revenue stream...upsale on extended warranties and the like. 3 of the last 5 cars I bought were paid with cash in full. The dealer people(sales & finance) are left gasping for air when you pay in cash and say no to the other crap they are trying to sell. Almost sad. Almost. 😂
Spot on...dealers make more on a vehicle financed...than those that are cash sales...and that amount varies depending on the lending institution..(I know first hand, I'm on the board of directors of a local Federal Credit Union)..there are also quarterly...and annual volume incentives as well...Cash may be king in some arenas...not at your local auto dealer...

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I had friends of mine go to jail in the early 90's for chargin those kinda rates...(there out now)
So, just found them again?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm adoptable, dad....

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I was working for a company that was selling software to many of the larger "buy here - pay here" places charging those rates.
Got to see how it all worked from the inside, it was quite the scam, all designed to allow them to repo & resell the same the cars over & over again.
The loans were all rule of 78's !

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #17
I was working for a company that was selling software to many of the larger "buy here - pay here" places charging those rates.
Got to see how it all worked from the inside, it was quite the scam, all designed to allow them to repo & resell the same the cars over & over again.
The loans were all rule of 78's !
Damn shame, I could see this with a lot of small used car dealers, people with low or bad credit, but a large dealer taking advantage of somebody like that is a travesty, the interest charge is 1.3x the actual financed amount.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Somebody fudging the numbers, not a little... A lot!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Spot on...dealers make more on a vehicle financed...than those that are cash sales...and that amount varies depending on the lending institution..(I know first hand, I'm on the board of directors of a local Federal Credit Union)..there are also quarterly...and annual volume incentives as well...Cash may be king in some arenas...not at your local auto dealer...
I can confirm this. People with cash are the worst customers...lowball offer always followed by "Hey we have cash!" We'd rather actually make a profit than take your Craigslist lowball cash offer, thank you very much.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I can confirm this. People with cash are the worst customers...lowball offer always followed by "Hey we have cash!" We'd rather actually make a profit than take your Craigslist lowball cash offer, thank you very much.

You're in business to make money???

Really?

;)