Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

All about the suspension

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
If you’re looking for what’s most important (bang for the buck) here are my thoughts…. A stable rear platform that provides the alignment you want and keeps it there at launch and going down the track is primary. To get that… your control arms have to be adjustable. They also need to be stable in that they don’t allow unwanted movement. What you use is up to you. We all know what the gold standard in that department is. My thoughts on the cradle is… I want it locked down. I was surprised that Z doesn’t. I get what he said about having some shock absorption, but some have seen enough movement there to cause problems with the driveshaft and transmission. If I remember right…. didn’t DSS state that they won’t warranty their driveshafts if you can’t show cradle lockouts. I know Dave had something to say about the subject related to transmission issues. Number two in my book is a 15” wheel/tire. The added sidewall puts so much more tire “on” the track and absorbs more of the initial hit, making it less violent that a 17. It is a noticeably softer leave. The 15 is more tunable with air pressure and there is a much wider selection of sizes and weights than the 17. They’re also cheaper. I don’t think the shocks are going to get you much until you are at a much higher power level. Not saying that if properly set up they wouldn’t help, but at that price, the bang for the buck factor is coming in last. When my car was still IRS at 4550 lbs, I ran consistent high 1.2 to low 1.3 sixty’s with the AAD package, lockouts, Scat 1320 springs and stock shocks front and rear. Tire was the same 315 Radial Pro I’m running now. Example three years ago…. View attachment 104629
I locked my cradle, and I believe Z said his is locked too. What he doesn’t have is the diff locked out I believe

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Once u switch to the 15 pro radial ull never use another 17 inch tire again ever in ur life! My 15 inch Pro radial hooks dam near as good on the street as my MT Street R did at the track!

My tires are still newish have 8 or 10 passes on them, no ready to make the jump to a 15 yet. So would you try getting the camber dialed in before going to a 15”? Btw, I spun the tire on my beadlocks somehow 1/8th of an inch. Wrinkle city. But they still spun

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If you’re looking for what’s most important (bang for the buck) here are my thoughts…. A stable rear platform that provides the alignment you want and keeps it there at launch and going down the track is primary. To get that… your control arms have to be adjustable. They also need to be stable in that they don’t allow unwanted movement. What you use is up to you. We all know what the gold standard in that department is. My thoughts on the cradle is… I want it locked down. I was surprised that Z doesn’t. I get what he said about having some shock absorption, but some have seen enough movement there to cause problems with the driveshaft and transmission. If I remember right…. didn’t DSS state that they won’t warranty their driveshafts if you can’t show cradle lockouts. I know Dave had something to say about the subject related to transmission issues. Number two in my book is a 15” wheel/tire. The added sidewall puts so much more tire “on” the track and absorbs more of the initial hit, making it less violent that a 17. It is a noticeably softer leave. The 15 is more tunable with air pressure and there is a much wider selection of sizes and weights than the 17. They’re also cheaper. I don’t think the shocks are going to get you much until you are at a much higher power level. Not saying that if properly set up they wouldn’t help, but at that price, the bang for the buck factor is coming in last. When my car was still IRS at 4550 lbs, I ran consistent high 1.2 to low 1.3 sixty’s with the AAD package, lockouts, Scat 1320 springs and stock shocks front and rear. Tire was the same 315 Radial Pro I’m running now. Example three years ago…. View attachment 104629
You are correct. No DSS warranty without the lockouts.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
You are correct. No DSS warranty without the lockouts.
Will never own another dss product rest of my life no no concern here.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Will never own another dss product rest of my life no no concern here.
Unfortunately you have to spend the $$$$ to get what works best and doesn't constantly break.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
Unfortunately you have to spend the $$$$ to get what works best and doesn't constantly break.
I did, DSS and it went out of balance. Went to Redeye driveshaft and never looked back

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I did, DSS and it went out of balance. Went to Redeye driveshaft and never looked back
The Mark Williams 2 piece is supposed to be the shit.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
Yeah and how much is it now like $6k lol. I looked at it bsck when it was like 2500 should have pulled the trigger then

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
They’re not. Friend with one in Calif broke his on the first pass. I have a PST CF as my primary and a Raven Engineering aluminum as my backup. 6C916A93-D611-4D6B-9180-06F88ADCC955.jpeg 74A263F4-9460-43CA-81A3-91C3CBD3C80F.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah and how much is it now like $6k lol. I looked at it bsck when it was like 2500 should have pulled the trigger then
That's why 1 isn't in my car.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They’re not. Friend with one in Calif broke his on the first pass. I have a PST CF as my primary and a Raven Engineering aluminum as my backup. View attachment 104662 View attachment 104663
Sad to hear that. Did they warrant it?
I like the idea of the 2 piece driveshaft personally.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Sad to hear that. Did they warrant it?
I like the idea of the 2 piece driveshaft personally.
Don’t know. I do know he didn’t put another one in his car. I just happened to be at the track in Bakersfield when he did it. I could have taken a picture but didn’t think to at the time. It broke the center joint.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
Don’t know. I do know he didn’t put another one in his car. I just happened to be at the track in Bakersfield when he did it. I could have taken a picture but didn’t think to at the time. It broke the center joint.
Their carrier bearing was the whole reason to get one lol. Now they make replaceable carrier bearings for stock driveshafts. I’ll run the Redeye one until I’m making too much power for it. Zero vibration ever and just super smooth all the time

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Their carrier bearing was the whole reason to get one lol. Now they make replaceable carrier bearings for stock driveshafts. I’ll run the Redeye one until I’m making too much power for it. Zero vibration ever and just super smooth all the time
Unholy, there is a guy with a 2.62 diff over on the west side of Fl that has a pair of red eye axles in it for $300. His ad says he wont separate it. He doesnt know what he has. I would buy if but I just I just bought a set for $500. Ill see if I can find it again for you. He posted on FB market place.

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
On to another question on the 60ft times. How much will a demon convertor help on these cars?

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Unholy, there is a guy with a 2.62 diff over on the west side of Fl that has a pair of red eye axles in it for $300. His ad says he wont separate it. He doesnt know what he has. I would buy if but I just I just bought a set for $500. Ill see if I can find it again for you. He posted on FB market place.
Yeah let me know if you can find it thanks man

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
Shoot me a Pm really appreciate it man

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
What rear do you have in the car? 9” conversion? That and the th400
Strange Engineering DragPak conversion. 3.40 Pro Gear with a 40 spline spool. D7F0ED9C-EE18-4BC0-B694-B86A4FFA2E8B.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
On to another question on the 60ft times. How much will a demon convertor help on these cars?
I see that Jon has tuned your car. Were you at Orlando MSHS?