Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

All about the suspension

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
MPR in Almont, MI. Mike Pustenly (MPR) was a part of the original DragPak design group and he sells the 2015 version as a complete ready to install package. It’s all Strange engineering stuff. Including the fabricated housing with brackets, aluminum bolt thru carrier with Pro gears and spool or Wavetrac. 40 spline gun drilled axles, brakes with billet calipers, Strange adjustable shocks and Hypercoil springs. Also includes the crossmember that becomes a required part of the roll cage and ties everything together. Wheelie bars and the matching front suspension and brakes are also available. You would have to call and get a current parts list with prices as I’m sure it’s all gone up since I did it. I have a total of about $10k in the parts package for mine. That includes the front suspension (coil overs) and brakes plus the manual brake and steering conversions. View attachment 104705 View attachment 104706 View attachment 104707 View attachment 104708 View attachment 104709 View attachment 104710 View attachment 104711
Listed in the DC Catalog for the low low price of $20,295!!!
PN P5160241AC

Looks like the same deal.

I know Moser has a setup too and I'd likely go that route as my chassis guy mainly deals with them with all their stuff.
https://www.moserengineering.com/2009-Newer-Challenger-M9-Rear-Solid-Axle-Sub-Frame-Kit.item

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #62
If anyone on here had a Redeye, I’d love to see a stock alignment readout

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Listed in the DC Catalog for the low low price of $20,295!!!
PN P5160241AC

Looks like the same deal.

I know Moser has a setup too and I'd likely go that route as my chassis guy mainly deals with them with all their stuff.
https://www.moserengineering.com/2009-Newer-Challenger-M9-Rear-Solid-Axle-Sub-Frame-Kit.item
The Direct Connection package is the newer 2021 DragPak version. Very pricey 🤨. That Moser setup is interesting. The one thing I noticed is there is a buffet of stuff you need to add and it looks like you can run the price thru the roof by the time all the boxes are checked. We need a volunteer to do that for our entertainment 😎

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The Direct Connection package is the newer 2021 DragPak version. Very pricey 🤨. That Moser setup is interesting. The one thing I noticed is there is a buffet of stuff you need to add and it looks like you can run the price thru the roof by the time all the boxes are checked. We need a volunteer to do that for our entertainment 😎
I've been tempted to do it and build a bracket car out of an older Challenger.
Too many irons in the fire at the moment to take on another project.

I think it would be cool to buy a stock hellcat and do the swap to see what kind of gains could be made vs the IRS.

The shop I use, they had a stocker/super stocker 4th gen camaro. When the C5 Vettes became "cheap" they noticed they slid into the same class but hundreds of lbs lighter. Moser gave them one their first kits to try out and they swapped in their stocker engine. The whole thing was pretty trick when it was finished.

I kind of figured this is along the same line of thinking. But i'm not really involved in sportsman drag racing anymore.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I've been tempted to do it and build a bracket car out of an older Challenger.
Too many irons in the fire at the moment to take on another project.

I think it would be cool to buy a stock hellcat and do the swap to see what kind of gains could be made vs the IRS.
I can tell you what kind of gains can be made…. Consistent sixty’s. A Heavy IRS can (and have) thrown down some impressive sixty’s on a flypaper track. Those of us who have experienced a on point radial prep know what that is. That happens, and a time (that will be from that point on be used as the example of what you run) will be produced. No reason in pointing out that you can’t hook for shit under normal conditions. My car does not run less than a 1.35 sixty now. Even when it is spinning the tires, it is accelerating. That’s the difference.

Last edited:
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #66
I can tell you what kind of gains can be made…. Consistent sixty’s. A Heavy IRS can (and have) thrown down some impressive sixty’s on a flypaper track. Those of us who have experienced a on point radial prep know what that is. That happens and a time (that will be from that point on be used as the example of what you can do) will be produced. No reason in pointing out that you can’t hook for shit under normal conditions. My car does not run less than a 1.35 sixty now. Even when it is spinning the tires, it is accelerating. That’s the difference.
Yep, hard to argue with a 4 link not being the best for no prep. I can attest to this. Speed world they light the track on fire (1.500 flat 60), Gainesville they spray it. 60’ was noticeably worse (1.57), but still in the 1.5.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Agreed, the 3.70 is just a relic from my trans swap, and honestly it sounds like it has major lash adjustment issues. I run 315s, so think the 3.09 is the way to go. Having a hard time justifying the $1500 for the AAD arms when you can get zero camber Redeye knuckles with new hubs for $600
Still not adjustable and all you really need is the upper arms not the whole kit. Those can be had for around $700

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye
If anyone on here had a Redeye, I’d love to see a stock alignment readout
While I don't have a stock alignment readout for my Redeye, I can tell you that the stock knuckles won't give you zero camber. I installed the AAD rear kit this winter and had the alignment done a couple of weeks ago, to get it to zero camber I had to use tabs that made the arms a fair amount longer than stock length. Also, having the rear alignment at zero camber is noticeable to the naked eye, there is no mistaking the stock settings for zero camber after having completed the alignment.

I agree with @vortecd , just get the upper arms if you don't want to drop $1,500, they will do what you need.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Back with the early Hellcats, the lower (trailing) control arms could break. Saw a a couple of those. Hell even one on the dyno! That was a eye opener 😳. Hopefully they addressed that.

Last edited:

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Agreed, the 3.70 is just a relic from my trans swap, and honestly it sounds like it has major lash adjustment issues. I run 315s, so think the 3.09 is the way to go. Having a hard time justifying the $1500 for the AAD arms when you can get zero camber Redeye knuckles with new hubs for $600
Thinking the rear aad parts not the front arms

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Are they $1500 for the arms? It was an even $1000 when I got mine. I also have the BMR cradle lockouts. I'd not wanna lockout the diff.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I can tell you what kind of gains can be made…. Consistent sixty’s. A Heavy IRS can (and have) thrown down some impressive sixty’s on a flypaper track. Those of us who have experienced a on point radial prep know what that is. That happens, and a time (that will be from that point on be used as the example of what you run) will be produced. No reason in pointing out that you can’t hook for shit under normal conditions. My car does not run less than a 1.35 sixty now. Even when it is spinning the tires, it is accelerating. That’s the difference.
That’s why you buy good shocks.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Still not adjustable and all you really need is the upper arms not the whole kit. Those can be had for around $700
Tba makes a set of rear arms