Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Yes or No on the Red Stripes?

Yes or No on the Red Stripes?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
When is C8 expected to come?
I got a call last week and was told I was getting my car built as a 2020. Its scheduled for August so it will be end of September when I get it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The C8 is an am
It’s all hers anyway. She has the C7 right now but I am sure she will take the other from me. It’s fine I really don’t care. Surprised how many people have offered to buy the C7 from us. I guess there’s nothing out there for sale and with the production issues on the C8, dealers have no vettes to sell.
I got a call last week and was told I was getting my car built as a 2020. Its scheduled for August so it will be end of September when I get it.
Have you been able to drive one yet?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
It worked out well though..I surrendered the C8 keys...in exchange for permission to get my Charger RE...(i was gettin it anyway)...gotta let em win one once in a while:sneaky::sneaky:
She knows how much I love my car and she wants me to keep it. She also asked me to wait and see what Dodge does next instead of upgrading from my Hellcat to RE. She's right.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
She knows how much I love my car and she wants me to keep it. She also asked me to wait and see what Dodge does next instead of upgrading from my Hellcat to RE. She's right.
Im not givin up my cats...but the Charger will be more of a daily driver...The only issue is color choice..but its gotta have stripes...

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I’d say pass on the red stripes

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I saw a white 392 yesterday with the factory satin black hood, roof, trunk treatment :love::love::love: could easily be done with a wrap !

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
I'm with TK. The black stripe with red highlight looks great in person. Red belts and calipers...nicely coordinated.

When I was running Vipers the white cars with red stripes were referred to on the VCA forum as the Tampon Edition...terrible reference but dammit it stuck in my memory. I dig the black with red accent if it was mine.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
The C8 is an am

Have you been able to drive one yet?
I did and I actually enjoyed it. It's quick and handles good. Will get me in trouble so maybe losing it too my wife isn't such a bad thing.

@Hellcatcfp... sorry for hijacking your thread.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I did and I actually enjoyed it. It's quick and handles good. Will get me in trouble so maybe losing it too my wife isn't such a bad thing.

I find it very smooth for a corvette..and interior noise is disconcertingly quiet..close you eyes..you cant tell the engine is behind you...and the rear view mirror (screen)..cant get used to not seeing my image in a rear view mirror...but I'm not all there anyway...lol;);)

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I find it very smooth for a corvette..and interior noise is disconcertingly quiet..close you eyes..you cant tell the engine is behind you...and the rear view mirror (screen)..cant get used to not seeing my image in a rear view mirror...but I'm not all there anyway...lol;);)
We have a Cayman... love the mid engine. The C7 is very refined to drive as well. No mag ride... base model and I enjoy its smooth ride. Night and day compared to my cat but still prefer the cat.

I have the same mirror in my AT4. It was a challenge at first but getting use to it.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #31

Please do...love to hear about it personally. Hope to see some pictures from you soon as well. Carry on gentlemen...

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Saw this and wondered what you all think? Wife doesn't like the Red Stripes...not sure myself. Might consider black Stripes then saw red...

View attachment 20590
View attachment 20591

Thanks everyone.
I don't think the red stripes look good, do black solid or dual stripes like the factory, that looks good on white cars.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Im not givin up my cats...but the Charger will be more of a daily driver...The only issue is color choice..but its gotta have stripes...
I was always a fan of the black vipers with silver stripes...I think the new RE would be killer in that combo...but I have 3 black cars now...don't want another as a DD

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I wanted black strips but ended up with red as I couldn't find a similar equipped cat with the black stripes for the right price. They have grown on me though. Don't see many. The black stripped car with red accents in post 5 looks killer!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burbank
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
1989 Dodge Caravan
Black stripes are definitely the way to go! Maybe with red pinstripes? I personally think that red stripes on white doesn't look as good compared to black.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Black with red stripes, or red with black.
The black with red looks killer.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
I was always a fan of the white with blue stripes...but that if you have other stuff that's red, that wouldn't work well..

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I was always a fan of the white with blue stripes...but that if you have other stuff that's red, that wouldn't work well..
Hey wait a second hmm:unsure: uh yeah yikes:whistle:
E105E287-3759-465E-A521-9F904E53A4CC.jpeg 19CE7678-B6A9-4487-B321-61ECE2AE0E72.jpeg

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I like the Red stripes!

I think White is the Best color to add a custom wrap. I always thought my Husband's idea for the custom wrap on his Challenger "Top Cat" looked Awesome!

Linda :)

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
Appreciate everyone's input and honesty. Once I finish all the badges (red), I will see about stripes. I'm liking the black and red popping with the white. Since I did red/black with badges maybe all black or black with red pinstripe stripes will look best.

Thanks again for all the advice.