Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

World's Most Expensive Speeding Ticket

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Sounds like he should be used to it he's paid enough huge fines.:cool:

I heard about this income proportional fine system years ago and I guess if it works for them. I would like to move there and get the lowest paying job and just drive around like a lunatic for a week for like $20 then move back home:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No seriously sounds like fun but I wonder what the minimum fine is? That might throw a damper on my plan:unsure:

I do like the countries that list the amount of the ticket for the speed your going over on the road signs.
You can drive along and see what it costs to drive 15 over and think "shit" I can afford to drive 30 over so you can set your own speeding ticket price!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I guess my 140 in a 55 dosen't come close. The ticket said man da tory court apperance, loss of license, points, school, fines, insurance,,,,. Yea, yea, yea. Snot to brag, but I drove 1 year with out a license. Youz say, that ain't so bad, butt. You figure in work that consists of project management, sales, pay roll from Jacksonville to Napels, Fl,, Yea it is. 50 men multi milellons of $$ of work. Alot of driven.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Same thing is coming/ here in Britain,fast becoming an anti car country,if it’s not already.
Couple of weeks ago I received a letter from the local constabulary accusing me of dangerous driving,asked for evidence ,turns out a cyclist with a helmet cam’ thought I was driving badly ( I don’t believe I was).
Long and short of it is, I can go before the beak or do a three hour online course,I’m doing the course as I believe I’d be convicted, fined an points on my unblemished 47 years held driving license.
What a crock of shit my country has become🤬🤬

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
So, it your are broke, you can go as fast as you want! LOL!!!

OP
P

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Thread Starter #6
Same thing is coming/ here in Britain,fast becoming an anti car country,if it’s not already.
Couple of weeks ago I received a letter from the local constabulary accusing me of dangerous driving,asked for evidence ,turns out a cyclist with a helmet cam’ thought I was driving badly ( I don’t believe I was).
Long and short of it is, I can go before the beak or do a three hour online course,I’m doing the course as I believe I’d be convicted, fined an points on my unblemished 47 years held driving license.
Hearsay from a cyclist. Nice "evidence". I've never seen a cyclist obey any traffic law,(around here, anyway).

First it was your firearms, cars are next. Just wait until you read about the new "Health Passport" treaty between the EU and the WHO.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Home of da brave and land of da free. Brave wood be defined ass being a cyclist and free wood be. The government is free to do watt day want. Just think of the world of shit we wood be in if de rest of us were made to follow NY and Cali. But we are 2 buzy bailing their asses out. Canada,, smoke em if youz gott em but put em out.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Hearsay from a cyclist. Nice "evidence". I've never seen a cyclist obey any traffic law,(around here, anyway).

First it was your firearms, cars are next. Just wait until you read about the new "Health Passport" treaty between the EU and the WHO.
Part of the goal for eliminating cash it so make sure you spend your $ is a way approved by "authorities". Try to buy beyond your allotment of gas, sweets, alcohol, fats, ammo, etc, your transaction will be denied!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Had not seen this particular case, but was aware of the proportionalized system they use. I think its brilliant. Whether you're bill gates or me, the crime (and the fine) hurt equally. Jus' cuz you rich don't give you the right to be insu - insah - impervious to the law. What they do not say is how they specifically calculate "spending money" as a portion of your earnings or net worth. I don't have shit, so I'm basically fine proof (or as you say in court here in the states, "judgment proof").

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I f**king hate cyclists and idiots bleating on about dash camera recordings are no better. And as for the British Police...
I feel for you but think you're being very sensible doing the course, a DD40 on your licence would be disastrous for insurance.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I f**king hate cyclists and idiots bleating on about dash camera recordings are no better. And as for the British Police...
I feel for you but think you're being very sensible doing the course, a DD40 on your licence would be disastrous for insurance.
Hi Lize , what a pain it is .How’s the T. rex doing and will we be seeing you at the Mopar Euros ,Santa pod next month?

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Hi Lize , what a pain it is .How’s the T. rex doing and will we be seeing you at the Mopar Euros ,Santa pod next month?
Don't think I have anything on that weekend, will double check and let you know. Could come in the TRX to see if it wets your appetite?

I nearly sold the TRX, my insurer withdrew from the market and after spending all day phoning round the only price I got was £4300 on a 4000 limited mile policy, more expensive than fuel! Eventually got one sorted with A Plan for £1400. I was seriously contemplating going back to a Rebel and adding turbo or supercharge but the TRX lives on in my company :love:.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Don't think I have anything on that weekend, will double check and let you know. Could come in the TRX to see if it wets your appetite?

I nearly sold the TRX, my insurer withdrew from the market and after spending all day phoning round the only price I got was £4300 on a 4000 limited mile policy, more expensive than fuel! Eventually got one sorted with A Plan for £1400. I was seriously contemplating going back to a Rebel and adding turbo or supercharge but the TRX lives on in my company :love:.
That would be good,I’m going on the Saturday,the TRX would get a lot of interest I expect. Four grand?? Holy cow😳

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Wow. Good job tracking down the 1400.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
I’m going on the Saturday
Glad you said that as I would have gone on the Sunday!
See you there

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle