Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who's running larger Throttle Body?

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What kind of improvements have you folks noticed with the larger throttlebody and what size did you get?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
What performance benefits, and associated data/proof, do the vendors who offer them tell you to expect?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ellerbrock. Easts more gas.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I'm running a fastman modified stock throttle body ( 95mm + 4mm shaft) . The first thing I noticed was increased throttle response . I never did a before/after dyno . A throttle body in my opinion is a supporting mod .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
RonHellcat

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
What performance benefits, and associated data/proof, do the vendors who offer them tell you to expect?
I haven't seen any reputable data, that's why I wanted to hear what other owners have to say.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I haven't seen any reputable data, that's why I wanted to hear what other owners have to say.
That's because there isn't any. More snake oil - when you need a 105mm throttle body, you'll know it.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I don't believe it's a huge power increase but when you are chasing every little bit you can get it definitely helps . I have no regrets and I notice it if I put a stock TB back on.
There was someone on the other site who dyno the fastman on his car . It was worth 5-7 rwhp and 25-30rwtq.
I will see If I can find the tread .

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That's because there isn't any. More snake oil - when you need a 105mm throttle body, you'll know it.
I don't think it's snake oil . It comes down to how much are you willing to spend on $$$/HP .

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I don't think it's snake oil . It comes down to how much are you willing to spend on $$$/HP
On a stock blower a 105mm TB definitely qualifies as snake oil. Your 95mm most likely suits your mods better, as you stated it is a supporting mod. But, on a stock car there is little reason to look past a mildly ported stock TB.

You'll know you need to address the TB when the datalogs indicate a restriction - this is very evident on NA motors when they are not at barometeric pressure at WOT (meaning there is a restriction in the intake manifold forward).

Don't mind me if I see more opinionated than normal - I am on cold meds and should probably stay off the internet. ;)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
On a stock blower a 105mm TB definitely qualifies as snake oil. Your 95mm most likely suits your mods better, as you stated it is a supporting mod. But, on a stock car there is little reason to look past a mildly ported stock TB.

You'll know you need to address the TB when the datalogs indicate a restriction - this is very evident on NA motors when they are not at barometeric pressure at WOT (meaning there is a restriction in the intake manifold forward).

Don't mind me if I see more opinionated than normal - I am on cold meds and should probably stay off the internet. ;)
I'm definitely not talking about 100mm or larger TB. I agree that is to large for mods I have or will ever have . I can only comment on what I have . A modified stock throttle body that is 95mm(plus I like the stealth look) .As I stated it's a supporting mod . I'm not telling anyone to run out and buy one the OP asked who is running a larger throttle body so I answered. I wish I access to a dyno at a reasonable price . I would love to add that to some testing . Flow numbers, drag strip, and dyno testing would be nice .

Nah your not opinonated . Your more of a hard facts kind of person in my opinion. I like to test things for myself . Sorry but I don't trust a lot of people and stuff on the internet so it's the only way I can find out for myself. Sometimes I win..... Sometimes I don't.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... 105mm was never mentioned in this thread, I must have had a mental layover from Facebook earlier(?).

Damn meds.

But, yeah - port the snout and add a matching TB is just good practice.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... 105mm was never mentioned in this thread, I must have had a mental layover from Facebook earlier(?).

Damn meds.

But, yeah - port the snout and add a matching TB is just good practice.
Lol . There was another thread on a 105mm throttle body. That might be stuck in your brain. . Now excuse me while I run out and install my new 1150 dominator on my slant 6 ......

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm definitely not talking about 100mm or larger TB. I agree that is to large for mods I have or will ever have . I can only comment on what I have . A modified stock throttle body that is 95mm(plus I like the stealth look) .As I stated it's a supporting mod . I'm not telling anyone to run out and buy one the OP asked who is running a larger throttle body so I answered. I wish I access to a dyno at a reasonable price . I would love to add that to some testing . Flow numbers, drag strip, and dyno testing would be nice .

Nah your not opinonated . Your more of a hard facts kind of person in my opinion. I like to test things for myself . Sorry but I don't trust a lot of people and stuff on the internet so it's the only way I can find out for myself. Sometimes I win..... Sometimes I don't.

Engineered Automotive down the street from my shop has a nice dyno setup. We did some runs there with some members with my 16 cat. It was like $75 for 3 runs.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Just looked again prices have gone up . With a group of 5 $130 for 3 runs. https://www.engineeredautomotive.com/dyno-tuning

2-WHEEL DRIVE BASELINE DYNO
$150.00 Baseline Fee +HST
Mount and dismount vehicle from dyno
Up to 3 pulls
Relative weather measurement
2 Printouts
Wideband O2 sensor reading
Vacuum/boost reading
Extra charges for removing any under covers from vehicle. $155.00 +HST
Signed waiver for any damages on vehicle or dyno or building
Extra charges for any spills or clean ups. $500.00 +HST
A group of 5 or more will receive a flat rate charge of $130.00 +HST each

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
CUSTOM TUNING Per Hour

$250.00 Per Hour, 5 hour minimum +HST
Sheesh!

If that isn't reason enough to learn how to tune your own car, I don't know what is.

PurpleCat16

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
I am running a 95mm.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I now have a 105 mm with a ported snout , AFE demon intake system and a demon style hood . We will see if it makes a difference.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
I’m running the VMP 105mm TB

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Why mess around with that baby stuff....
Kong 112mm Hellcat / Demon / Trackhawk / Redeye Throttle Body

1588036504081.png

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Why mess around with that baby stuff....
Kong 112mm Hellcat / Demon / Trackhawk / Redeye Throttle Body

View attachment 16711
any actual info on whether or not a larger throttle body produces more power ,I just ran on my stock throttle body this weekend with my jokers full tilt port and my car ran fast ,the 105 mm that I was testing was not available because it was sent back for the final revisions