Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's your Challenger Hellcat suspension plan?

What's your Hellcat suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I would like to upgrade the front and rear swaybar endlinks but am on the fence about if they take out enough body lean to be worth it.
Some guys put on Bwoody stuff, I think the BMR spherical rod ended would actually be better...
A front strut connector may do more for the lean. More stiff springs like the progressive KW fronts with the connector definitely helps that.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon springs for more weight transfer and better launches.
Mark, it will be interesting to hear the difference in your times.

Greengohellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
York Region
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
A front strut connector may do more for the lean. More stiff springs like the progressive KW fronts with the connector definitely helps that.
I tried one of those front strut braces on my previous F Body; it definitely helped with the steering feel and responsiveness. BUT for reducing sway, I went with upgraded sway bars.
KW suspension IS one of the best out there. Not ready to make that big of a leap yet...I just want to "tune" the suspension a bit at this point.

Maybe I should try looking for larger sways for the Hellcat again; I didn't have much luck awhile ago...

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
I did Eibach Pro's and am very happy. I dropped 1.4" rear and 1" front. I was told after alignment I was still in spec, but @Blkout challenged that which prompted me to request the alignment print out. Since they have been reluctant to provide this info, it's very possible I might be running some negative camber outside what is considered to be within the recommended tolerances.

Despite this, so far this has not caused me any problems and the car rides great. I put a lot of miles on my Cat. I went with PKDesign HR5 10.5 rear and 9.5 front. Continental 305/35/20 rear and 285/35/20 front.

dsBuffer1.jpg

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Mark, it will be interesting to hear the difference in your times.
I have not installed them yet I want to get a few more runs in with the Redeye first so that way I will be able to know if they made a real difference.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I did Eibach Pro's and am very happy. I dropped 1.4" rear and 1" front. I was told after alignment I was still in spec, but @Blkout challenged that which prompted me to request the alignment print out. Since they have been reluctant to provide this info, it's very possible I might be running some negative camber outside what is considered to be within the recommended tolerances.

Despite this, so far this has not caused me any problems and the car rides great. I put a lot of miles on my Cat. I went with PKDesign HR5 10.5 rear and 9.5 front. Continental 305/35/20 rear and 285/35/20 front.

View attachment 866
With that amount of drop, there's no doubt you're out of spec, but the car will probably still drive fine. You could always take the car to a different alignment shop and just them to check your alignment. They should give you a print out if it matters to you.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
With that amount of drop, there's no doubt you're out of spec, but the car will probably still drive fine. You could always take the car to a different alignment shop and just them to check your alignment. They should give you a print out if it matters to you.
At some point way down the road I will do that. For now I figure if it's not broke don't fix it....I'm guessing worst case is maybe a little abnormal tire wear? If that's all I have to worry about it's all good with me...Thanks for pointing it out though. ;)

Greengohellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
York Region
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

View attachment 866
Well, I've been down the lowering road before, too. After awhile the challenges of getting up my driveway and other obstacles outweigh the positives for me.
My car is pretty low in front already, can't see going lower, visually.
Like I said, right now, a few small improvements in the sway department and that should keep me for a bit.
Is the fact that the community is contributing with great solutions with the exception of sway bars/end links indicative of the lack of sway bar / links choice out there or they don't do much to quell sway?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mine is set up for putting power to the ground in a straight line. It is less than friendly compared to the stock parts and pieces it came with. Stiff in the rear. Noisy when it comes to road and gear noise (having the rear seat delete doesn’t help in that department). I tried and tried to get the Demon springs and gave up. Lots of people selling them but nobody who actually had them. I looked at the “Demon killer” springs but they lower the car in the rear. With the tire I’m running I couldn’t have that. So..... I bought the Scat Pac1320 “Drag Springs” from Mopar on a good report of how they ride and transfer weight. We’ll see. The set I bought was the complete package that includes sway bars. Much lighter than the Hellcat bars. I am not running a front sway bar so that stayed in the box but I did install the rear bar. Control arms are all Spohn Chromoly adjustable. The toe links are BMR with the special skinny heim joints for the 15” brake conversion. Cradle and diff bushings are all BMR lock out. I do not use a diff brace because it is a steel 9” conversion. The cradle has been out so many times now that it thinks it lives on the floor 😂. Here are some pics........ 5C7BE2B2-2768-454C-B5A3-50FB9D4637AD.jpeg 7B91C39C-74D4-4013-AF2E-9D73558DD1CB.jpeg A2736A5B-1293-4D8D-BFB4-7D574DED620A.jpeg 25E0CF79-45F1-47E4-89F6-0ED729BD8752.jpeg 688627E6-C23B-40CA-BE28-128A2522C725.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine is set up for putting power to the ground in a straight line. It is less than friendly compared to the stock parts and pieces it came with. Stiff in the rear. Noisy when it comes to road and gear noise (having the rear seat delete doesn’t help in that department). I tried and tried to get the Demon springs and gave up. Lots of people selling them but nobody who actually had them. I looked at the “Demon killer” springs but they lower the car in the rear. With the tire I’m running I couldn’t have that. So..... I bought the Scat Pac1320 “Drag Springs” from Mopar on a good report of how they ride and transfer weight. We’ll see. The set I bought was the complete package that includes sway bars. Much lighter than the Hellcat bars. I am not running a front sway bar so that stayed in the box but I did install the rear bar. Control arms are all Spohn Chromoly adjustable. The toe links are BMR with the special skinny heim joints for the 15” brake conversion. Cradle and diff bushings are all BMR lock out. I do not use a diff brace because it is a steel 9” conversion. The cradle has been out so many times now that it thinks it lives on the floor 😂. Here are some pics........ View attachment 897 View attachment 898 View attachment 899 View attachment 900 View attachment 901
That is some good stuff Marc!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mine is set up for putting power to the ground in a straight line. It is less than friendly compared to the stock parts and pieces it came with. Stiff in the rear. Noisy when it comes to road and gear noise (having the rear seat delete doesn’t help in that department). I tried and tried to get the Demon springs and gave up. Lots of people selling them but nobody who actually had them. I looked at the “Demon killer” springs but they lower the car in the rear. With the tire I’m running I couldn’t have that. So..... I bought the Scat Pac1320 “Drag Springs” from Mopar on a good report of how they ride and transfer weight. We’ll see. The set I bought was the complete package that includes sway bars. Much lighter than the Hellcat bars. I am not running a front sway bar so that stayed in the box but I did install the rear bar. Control arms are all Spohn Chromoly adjustable. The toe links are BMR with the special skinny heim joints for the 15” brake conversion. Cradle and diff bushings are all BMR lock out. I do not use a diff brace because it is a steel 9” conversion. The cradle has been out so many times now that it thinks it lives on the floor 😂. Here are some pics........ View attachment 897 View attachment 898 View attachment 899 View attachment 900 View attachment 901
Killer Setup!!!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
H&R Springs so far. She drives so much better and wheel hop pretty much non existent! I have an 18 WB M6 so it was bad. Brace and Springs so far so good. View attachment 807 View attachment 808
Really good eye.
Who would have thunk that the lime green would work so well with that color car. But it absolutely does!
Stunning!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Only Mopar lowering springs.
Got them from @Blkout
Made dealer install before I picked car up.
Wish the rear was maybe 1inch lower though.

Greengohellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
York Region
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
For the lowered folks, what 1) brand of springs, 2) could you get a measurement from ground to highest point of the wheel opening, front and rear, when you get a chance?
I'm going to measure my stock setup, which already looks low to me...

Greengohellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
York Region
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Btw Marc W, serious setup and off the car as well! No dabbling going on there.

I'll have to look into what those different suspension components do at the rear...I'm coming from the live axle (converted to Watts) world here.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Only Mopar lowering springs.
Got them from @Blkout
Made dealer install before I picked car up.
Wish the rear was maybe 1inch lower though.
Hunter, I cut a half coil off my previous rear set of Mopar springs, it gave the look you're probably wanting but I tore two rear axle boots while they were installed over the course of about 10k miles. Not sure if yours would do the same but that's why I went a different route this time. I cut a 1/8 coil off my factory front springs and a 1/4 coil off my factory rear springs. It's not as low as before but I haven't torn a boot since.

nytrorcr1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hell Cat
Going to leave the ole Girl the way she come from the factory.......for now

Member ID
Reactions
City
Venice
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Hellcat Redeye, 09 Z06 Corvette
I'm thinking. just lowering. springs.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Need an option for "other". Mine has been lowered and all suspension components replaced.