Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What car did you dislike the most?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
I dont know why land rover has the good rep it does. Never seen a good when after 1970s

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Not sure what I've been doing wrong, but after having had maybe 200 cars, I can't recall a single one that I disliked.

It may have to do with that I never bought one that I didn't like. Even the numerous $50 winter beater cars grew on me, to the point that it was sad to take them to the junk yard on the day the registration expired.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
2001 Hyundai Elantra. It came with the girlfriend. Somehow, I ended up trading in my S2000 for a used MDX but wound up driving her pos Elantra. It was some kind of purple grey color but most of the paint had been baked off the thing from years in the desert sun. I really hated it. After awhile though, I had to respect it a bit. I drove it like hard, as I hated it and hoped it would blow up. I gave it no love, no care and no maintenance. It refused to ever do anything but purr like a kitten. An ugly unloved mutant kitten. It had a five speed though so it was more enjoyable to drive than the soccer mom MDX. I could leave the windows down with the keys in it and it would not get taken. After a few years I gave it to the mother in law. It still somehow runs. Reverse is almost impossible to get into, the ac doesn't work, the interior is full of leaves as she leaves the windows down, the suspension is shot and the brakes leak...but it runs fine.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This is a tough question, but the key word is disliked.
My first car was a 6v 1965 vw bus.
That vehicle was a pos! Could barely make 50mph along the PA turnpike once in the hills. Heater actuated by pulling a cable under the bus. Was driving late one night, hit a bump and total shutdown...motor, headlights...everything! Reached under the dash, jiggled the wires and poof all works. Lucky no wreck..Never repaired, never recurred. College in Michigan, only reliabe start was pushstart...ya learn to find every little hill. But in the summer, trips to the shore with a couple of friends and a pony keg...the Magic Bus was a star!
In contrast, the Plymouth Volare Woody Stationwagon from 1st wife's parents was similarly a pos. Left me stranded many times. And ugly, with no real redeeming quality (ies).
I hated that car! Fortunately, when we split, she got the Volare, I got the '68 MGBGT. But, 20210823_193200.jpg that's another story....

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Not my picture, but same heap of steaming excrement:
View attachment 52041
Oh yeah! I forgot about our terrible experience with a low mileage 3 year old 1993 Range Rover County. First it was the ignition module. It’s attached to the distributor and fails because of the engine heat. Happened twice before I installed a remote fender mounted one. It never ran right after the first time. Then the stereo amp blew. My wife would not drive it without a stereo (have to admit it was a concert hall on wheels)! In any case, the dealer lost the unit and it took three months to get it back. The the heater blower motor went. Due to bad debts on the factory’s part, the supplier cut them off and there were no new ones available in the USA. The high end British Motor Car repair shop that I was using found a used one from a recycle source in Maine and then boofered up my nice leather dash by useing vise grips to remove the leather passenger assist handle on the dash. Finally the underhood reinforcement rusted above the battery and the rear quarter started rusting out around the taillight brush guard. This vehicle was not subject to much Winter driving or road chemicals. I sold the vehicle for $2000 less than I owed on it! I will never buy another foreign car!

Last edited:
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
That vehicle was a pos! Could barely make 50mph along the PA turnpike once in the hills. Heater actuated by pulling a cable under the bus. Was driving late one night, hit a bump and total shutdown...motor, headlights...everything! Reached under the dash, jiggled the wires and poof all works. Lucky no wreck..Never repaired, never recurred. College in Michigan, only reliabe start was pushstart...ya learn to find every little hill. But in the summer, trips to the shore with a couple of friends and a pony keg...the Magic Bus was a star!
In contrast, the Plymouth Volare Woody Stationwagon from 1st wife's parents was similarly a pos. Left me stranded many times. And ugly, with no real redeeming quality (ies).
I hated that car! Fortunately, when we split, she got the Volare, I got the '68 MGBGT. But, View attachment 52067 that's another story....
That's sumbitch is fast! Plymouth Volare with a parachute!

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
<range rover issues>
Mine was charging system issues that would cascade into EAS failures every couple of weeks. I had a guy with the tool to reset the EAS, and his discount rate was 100 bucks. Nothing like coming home from something a couple of cities over, doing 80mph, and then the EAS going into failsafe and lowering the vehicle to entry height and losing dampening. If I was lucky only the back or front would give out. IMO, I started the Carolina Squat trend with that turd.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
I hated that car! Fortunately, when we split, she got the Volare, I got the '68 MGBGT. But, View attachment 52067 that's another story....
But it came with rich Corinthian leather and ricardo montalban at the wheel right?

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I had a mid 90’s Geo Storm that was similar to this (mine had a ton of hail damage though, so not this nice). I didn’t hate the car, but I’d say it’s the car I liked the least out of everything I owned. I actually took it into the mountains once to get a Christmas Tree.
3DF0749D-CB45-49C6-BCD8-ED8737A56CFB.jpeg

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
But it came with rich Corinthian leather and ricardo montalban at the wheel right?
The Roberto Montalban commercials are unforgettable. Those cars of that era, not so much unless you happened to own one (see prior post, lol)

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
The Roberto Montalban commercials are unforgettable. Those cars of that era, not so much unless you happened to own one (see prior post, lol)
My dad had one like this. Nice car for the period and drove really well.
1975 Chrysler Cordoba 2-Door Coupe4.JPG

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
I had a mid 90’s Geo Storm that was similar to this (mine had a ton of hail damage though, so not this nice). I didn’t hate the car, but I’d say it’s the car I liked the least out of everything I owned. I actually took it into the mountains once to get a Christmas Tree.
View attachment 52077
OMG! I was looking at one of those while I was a wee lad in the Navy, IIRC it was a dark red or maroon color. But the salesman wanted me to put a deposit down prior to a test drive. When I asked "what if I don't like the way it drives?" He responded with "well, it's time to grow up and be a man." I turned around, walked away and never went back. Never went to one those "dealers" that live right outside military bases again. Probably saved myself A LOT of headaches that day.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
OMG! I was looking at one of those while I was a wee lad in the Navy, IIRC it was a dark red or maroon color. But the salesman wanted me to put a deposit down prior to a test drive. When I asked "what if I don't like the way it drives?" He responded with "well, it's time to grow up and be a man." I turned around, walked away and never went back. Never went to one those "dealers" that live right outside military bases again. Probably saved myself A LOT of headaches that day.
Lol. As newly weds in ‘78, my wife and I went looking our first brand new (entry level) car. We went to a Ford dealer to look at a Fairmont. The salesman was sitting at his desk eating a sandwich. Without swallowing and still chewing said,”Do you really want to buy a car?” We walked out and ended up buying a Corolla which was a great car until the floorboards rusted out years later.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Lol. As newly weds in ‘78, my wife and I went looking our first brand new (entry level) car. We went to a Ford dealer to look at a Fairmont. The salesman was sitting at his desk eating a sandwich. Without swallowing and still chewing said,”Do you really want to buy a car?” We walked out and ended up buying a Corolla which was a great car until the floorboards rusted out years later.

"I don't know, do you really want to sell me one?"

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Mine was charging system issues that would cascade into EAS failures every couple of weeks. I had a guy with the tool to reset the EAS, and his discount rate was 100 bucks. Nothing like coming home from something a couple of cities over, doing 80mph, and then the EAS going into failsafe and lowering the vehicle to entry height and losing dampening. If I was lucky only the back or front would give out. IMO, I started the Carolina Squat trend with that turd.
The cruise control went out on it too. Maybe they have improved the quality but I assume people are mostly buying them for the name. I don’t know why anyone would pay that much just for some perceived status? It was the highest rated off-road vehicle in its’ time but only driven in the mud or rocks by very few who owned one. I’m just glad I got rid of it before the air suspension took a crap!

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Looking at Magnum way back when with wife. She is at wheel, sales "person" in the back, me in passenger seat. I always ask a few leading questions to find out if they know anything about cars in general, or what they're selling in particular. Me: "This has variable ratio power steering right?" Supposed person: "I think that's an option on this model."

Way way way back, my dad and I were at a Honda dealership, looking at a Trans Am. Dude comes hustling out of the office foaming at the mouth, all excited. While he turned around and ran back to get the keys I popped the hood and raised it. A chunk of rust as big as my middle finger fell off the front of the hood and landed on the radiator cross member. My dad and I looked at each other, walked back to the car, got in and drove away without saying a word.