Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Went from a M6 Scat to an A8 1320....boy what a difference!

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I loved my previous car, the "Steel Curtain Challenger". So much so my wife thought I was crazy when I began returning it to stock. She never liked riding in it; said the M6 made her feel like a bobble-head, but she really liked what I had done to it.

Now, she loves riding in the 1320, and (for a non-enthusiast) was amazed and the quickness and smoothness with which the A8 shifts. Makes for better times ahead.

For me, I have yet to get on the track with the 1320 (120 miles to go to the magic 1,500) and my first race next weekend at MSHS/VMP is now being threatened by Hurricane Dorian influence.

Regardless, as much as I loved shifting gears on a powerhouse like the 392, and especially with a Barton Shifter, I gotta say this A8 transmission has me smitten all over again! I'd like to get rid of the MDS due to the long term negative impact it can have on valves, but I'm going to start autosticking more to avoid it coming on....that or just do my street driving in Drag Mode.

When I took the sidepipes off my '15, I was shocked at how much quicker it felt; that is, until I weighed those suckers...45 lbs EACH!. No wonder I couldn't break 12.5!

A "rev of the engine" to the founder and host of this site, for welcoming us refugees in, and for making room for us "mere mortal" Challenger owners!

This place is gonna be almost as much fun as my 1320!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Another one converted lol. The A8 is really that good. Lots of M6 peeps don’t give it a chance but would be surprised by how good it really is.
I drive mine in M mode quite a bit. More control, faster shifts. Best of both worlds. Some don’t know what they're missing...

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My wife's Charger is an A8, my Challenger a M6. I think they are both fantastic!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I loved my previous car, the "Steel Curtain Challenger". So much so my wife thought I was crazy when I began returning it to stock. She never liked riding in it; said the M6 made her feel like a bobble-head, but she really liked what I had done to it.

Now, she loves riding in the 1320, and (for a non-enthusiast) was amazed and the quickness and smoothness with which the A8 shifts. Makes for better times ahead.

For me, I have yet to get on the track with the 1320 (120 miles to go to the magic 1,500) and my first race next weekend at MSHS/VMP is now being threatened by Hurricane Dorian influence.

Regardless, as much as I loved shifting gears on a powerhouse like the 392, and especially with a Barton Shifter, I gotta say this A8 transmission has me smitten all over again! I'd like to get rid of the MDS due to the long term negative impact it can have on valves, but I'm going to start autosticking more to avoid it coming on....that or just do my street driving in Drag Mode.

When I took the sidepipes off my '15, I was shocked at how much quicker it felt; that is, until I weighed those suckers...45 lbs EACH!. No wonder I couldn't break 12.5!

A "rev of the engine" to the founder and host of this site, for welcoming us refugees in, and for making room for us "mere mortal" Challenger owners!

This place is gonna be almost as much fun as my 1320!
Post some pictures of the beast!

OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
From 2018 T/A M6 to 2019 A8 1320. Agree 100% Loved the A8 in my HC, glad to have one again. M6 was fun to drive but this car really scoots

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My wife's Charger is an A8, my Challenger a M6. I think they are both fantastic!
That may be....but if you had to pick one or the other...which do you go with?

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
That may be....but if you had to pick one or the other...which do you go with?
I would go with the Challenger M6! Holiday wkend full of snow and rain and slush in NM, so been driving the truck. Today, back to my M6...instant grins!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was one of those guys that if it is a sports or muscle car it had to be manual but once I drove the A8 I fell in love. Shifts violent when it has to or drives calm and sophisticated like a S class Benz. All depends on what drive mode you put it in and how much throttle is applied. I love these things.