Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Vehicle Health Report Warning

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I second Vortec‘s comment - If you disconnected the battery yes.They come back, give it time.
Thank you all for your advice. I will give disconnecting the battery a try and see what happens

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thank you all for your advice. I will give disconnecting the battery a try and see what happens
On mine after battery disconnect it would sometimes take 2 start cycles for it to come back.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Will OBD MX work okay on 2021 okay? I think it would be a great tool to have. I get weirs reports on Drive train nothing in the Cat at all too.Did figure out the Hum noise at the Dealer yesterday.Its a fuel Pump going out with only 6600 miles and of course the pump is on back Order take a seat until July! Its been humming since April and about 4500 miles....lol.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Well finally figured out the damned humming noise is since 4000 plus miles at start up after it gets warmed up well. Dealer said my Fuel pump is bad and ordered new one. Its on back order of course and will not be in until some time in July. Told me I could drive it but not to go on any long trips until they get it replaced. What the hell? Fuel Pump being replace @ 6000 plus miles? I looked up price of MOPAR fuel Pumps @ near 1200 bucks! Never showed up on any healt report or any thing for that matter, car ran fine or seemed to. I wonder If I had the OBD MX if it would have caught the bad fuel pump going out?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That blows....

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Well finally figured out the damned humming noise is since 4000 plus miles at start up after it gets warmed up well. Dealer said my Fuel pump is bad and ordered new one. Its on back order of course and will not be in until some time in July. Told me I could drive it but not to go on any long trips until they get it replaced. What the hell? Fuel Pump being replace @ 6000 plus miles? I looked up price of MOPAR fuel Pumps @ near 1200 bucks! Never showed up on any healt report or any thing for that matter, car ran fine or seemed to. I wonder If I had the OBD MX if it would have caught the bad fuel pump going out?
Early (15-18) pumps threw a code (P062A).

Motor would fail, leading to low fuel pressure output.

Conditions:

CEL
CODE: P062A
CANBUS: REDUCE FUEL PUMP TO 80% DUTY CYCLE.

Condition: Intermittent.

Chrysler determined MFR was shite and changed suppliers.

TSB was issued, outlining trouble and solutions (replace pump, with one from new supplier).

Not sure what current failures are.

Have you run onboard diagnostics? MX+ might show a trouble code, not associated with a light (CEL). Not all trouble codes, set on the network, result in a light.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Early (15-18) pumps threw a code (P062A).

Motor would fail, leading to low fuel pressure output.

Conditions:

CEL
CODE: P062A
CANBUS: REDUCE FUEL PUMP TO 80% DUTY CYCLE.

Condition: Intermittent.

Chrysler determined MFR was shite and changed suppliers.

TSB was issued, outlining trouble and solutions (replace pump, with one from new supplier).

Not sure what current failures are.

Have you run onboard diagnostics? MX+ might show a trouble code, not associated with a light (CEL). Not all trouble codes, set on the network, result in a light.

Thanks for the info. Yes I ran onboard I get nothing ! only thing I had was a hokey Drivetrain error from Uconnect report back about 4000 miles and nothing ever showed up in the car itself so I just ignored it. I did romp on it hard the other day blowing past two tractors and pickup on back road two laner with a small straight stretch and it starved for fuel like an Rochester Four barrel would do back in the day, but just for a moment and went on like a scalded dog!

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
My first ‘19 Red Eye had an issue and Dodge agreed to take it back and let me order another one which arrived fault free. I get these reports on both the first and second cars. The new owner of the first car drives it very little. Kind of fun to follow it along.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks for the info. Yes I ran onboard I get nothing ! only thing I had was a hokey Drivetrain error from Uconnect report back about 4000 miles and nothing ever showed up in the car itself so I just ignored it. I did romp on it hard the other day blowing past two tractors and pickup on back road two laner with a small straight stretch and it starved for fuel like an Rochester Four barrel would do back in the day, but just for a moment and went on like a scalded dog!
Keep us posted on what the dealer does about it.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Keep us posted on what the dealer does about it.

Will do for sure.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
My 2015 seems to have lost its performance pages. Does this happen when you change the PCM for an unlocked version ?
UConnect not supporting 3g affects older models for Performance Pages.

Run a soft reset sequence for your model and it will blank out your presets on the radio but will restore the Performance Pages......worked on my 2015.

15-17 Hold up and down temp buttons for a few seconds until the radio screen blanks out then when it comes back on accept reset to factory setting.

18 and up for those needing process for soft reset is press and hold upper right corner of screen until it blanks out again and runs the restart from how it was described to me.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Run a soft reset sequence for your model and it will blank out your presets on the radio but will restore the Performance Pages......worked on my 2015.

15-17 Hold up and down temp buttons for a few seconds until the radio screen blanks out then when it comes back on accept reset to factory setting.

18 and up for those needing process for soft reset is press and hold upper right corner of screen until it blanks out again and runs the restart from how it was described to me.
Humm, my 2015 Hellcat still has all the pages.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

I disabled my cell connection and haven had any performance pages issues, at all. 100% no cell signal, to the car.

2015 Charger HC

Last edited:

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
neither are across the board for all areas.....some cars have them showing still. I would wager the majority of older models have seen some change in their capabilities since the beginning of the year.....this is for both remote services via UConnect app, mapping and remote start, as well as use of the performance pages. Some areas phased out 3G which is woven into the operation of that part of the system.

Only way to restore performance pages is explained above if it disappears, mine took a while after I saw first reports of it.

The 4G wireless hotspot and all UC app features have to rely on the TMobile plug in available for use on obdii port. Going off experience here for this.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
neither are across the board for all areas.....some cars have them showing still. I would wager the majority of older models have seen some change in their capabilities since the beginning of the year.....this is for both remote services via UConnect app, mapping and remote start, as well as use of the performance pages. Some areas phased out 3G which is woven into the operation of that part of the system.

Only way to restore performance pages is explained above if it disappears, mine took a while after I saw first reports of it.

The 4G wireless hotspot and all UC app features have to rely on the TMobile plug in available for use on obdii port. Going off experience here for this.
Nav and Cel (Uconnect) are two separate systems. Without cellcom, Nav works just fine.

Ask me how I know.

Performance pages are hard coded, into the BCM and, using a tool like AlfaOBD, can be turned on, or off... even in non SRT vehicles.

I seriously doubt loss of 3G is causing PP issues.

I can 100% confirm, however, that launching PP causes a ping, on the network, that tells Hal9000 to dial out and begin transmitting data.

Interesting that this is happening, to some.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
UConnect rep stated specifically that with loss of 3g, that performance pages are no longer useful.....I took the steps to the dealer service advisor telling him how to have owners reset the system and restore the display. If it is a gap in information from the UConnect reps, I would not be surprised, but the connecting tissue was there....one item was lost with location services and the UConnect remote app, and the PP went away in the same stroke.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, I've had my cell blocked, for over a year. Never lost PP, or had an issue, with them, or any data being displayed.

Your service dude has no way of knowing, unless he's done diagnostics, on the cell and connected the correct load, on the antenna port, to halt comms. Period.

Not to start a pissing match but, mine is real world experience. His is pure conjecture.

See below.

Note, zero cell comms. PP functioning flawlessly.

There is no crosstalk, except for data upstream comms, to big brother. I know this, because push any button and I get a nag screen, to have the cell checked, at the dealer. It wouldn't show, if it weren't trying to communicate, via cel.

Hope this clears it up.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
UConnect rep stated specifically that with loss of 3g, that performance pages are no longer useful.....I took the steps to the dealer service advisor telling him how to have owners reset the system and restore the display. If it is a gap in information from the UConnect reps, I would not be surprised, but the connecting tissue was there....one item was lost with location services and the UConnect remote app, and the PP went away in the same stroke.
I seriously doubt the UConnect oxygen thieves have more than two brain cells to rub together among the lot of them. Only things loss of 3g would really interfere with, is comms to/from the mothership [which is generally a good thing]

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Diboblo I had thought about this item.

The whole system of UConnect in theory at the time it was released with these features just have TOO MANY features integrated into it. The center screen head unit may have just been negatively impacted by the removal of connectivity as an after effect.

Since the system can be soft reset as mentioned and restore the PP, it is easy to contradict what the UC customer rep was given for information.

I talked to this lady for about 45 minutes and ensured she knew I was not badgering her when I told her I was unhappy with the limitation of data viewed on the screen and loss of PP.

ANYWHO....letting my service advisor know was met with gratitude since from a learning perspective, he had remembered when I asked about it and was given no info on how to address any of the various complaints.