Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Two-thirds of 2024 Mustang Orders are V-8's

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Tim K is forced to implement the decisions that are made by people above him, or they will just find someone else to do it...

I'm sure it's a good enough job to eat the shitburgers for the money...until you can't take it anymore!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
I'm sure Ford and GM have been quite happy with their biggest competitor dropping their V8 cars. Even GM has committed to investing a considerable amount of money in a next generation V8 engine. Although probably for trucks.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Tim K is forced to implement the decisions that are made by people above him, or they will just find someone else to do it...

I'm sure it's a good enough job to eat the shitburgers for the money...until you can't take it anymore!
That does 0 for your credibility with car people.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170

Well according to Tim he makes important decisions like the one to not upgrade the Challenger and Charger to Giorgio platform several years ago. Then they get bought out by PSA and then get moved to modified version of the same Giorgio platform he didn't want to move to. And he over saw the downfall of a bunch of cars like the Avenger, Grand Caravan, Journey, Viper, Dart, said on camera they didn't want to make a smaller car because of the Mustang and Camaro, and never introduced a single new vehicle other than the recent Hornet and Charger Daytona in 10 years as CEO.

We can't give him high praise for the Hellcat platform and gloss over the fact every other thing that went wrong was someone else fault.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Tim was 'the man', now just 'the mouthpiece' [dunno]

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm sure Ford and GM have been quite happy with their biggest competitor dropping their V8 cars. Even GM has committed to investing a considerable amount of money in a next generation V8 engine. Although probably for trucks.
850M invested for a 6th generation V8 for GM.
And they also announced the Corvette will see a 9th generation being powered by new V8.

Only Dodge/Ram pulled the plug on V8s. And I predict they will pay dearly for it. Or those cars will be heavily discounted to move them.

No way am I buying a 65k I6 510hp challenger/charger when I can get a 500hp V8 Mustang with a manual for similar or less money. And Ford Performance will likely have a supercharger available that will make it over 700hp like the last generation.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well according to Tim he makes important decisions like the one to not upgrade the Challenger and Charger to Giorgio platform several years ago. Then they get bought out by PSA and then get moved to modified version of the same Giorgio platform he didn't want to move to. And he over saw the downfall of a bunch of cars like the Avenger, Grand Caravan, Journey, Viper, Dart, said on camera they didn't want to make a smaller car because of the Mustang and Camaro, and never introduced a single new vehicle other than the recent Hornet and Charger Daytona in 10 years as CEO.

We can't give him high praise for the Hellcat platform and gloss over the fact every other thing that went wrong was someone else fault.
Don't forget he is now overseeing Ram which is going to be a complete shit show when the Hemi goes away.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Don't forget he is now overseeing Ram which is going to be a complete shit show when the Hemi goes away.
It already is. Outdated trucks only move on price and Ram is now extremely overpriced.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
And his first act as CEO was impose a 10k price increase on the TRX and sneakily add 10k to the Demon 170 orders in the same week...
And if you check out stangmode latest videos, we may be getting a 800hp street GTD Mustang as the new GT500... RIP DODGE

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And his first act as CEO was impose a 10k price increase on the TRX and sneakily add 10k to the Demon 170 orders in the same week...
And if you check out stangmode latest videos, we may be getting a 800hp street GTD Mustang as the new GT500... RIP DODGE
Wondering if you can buy one xplan?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Wondering if you can buy one xplan?
Buy what? a GTD? Not the 300k one but there is a toned down version us mere mortals should be able to buy

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not surprised V8 sales of the Mustang are the lions share. Performance cars sell with performance engines and I bet more will sell next year as they absorb previous Dodge V8 customers.

Wonder what's up with the price increases though? A flat $10K seems like an odd number.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Not surprised V8 sales of the Mustang are the lions share. Performance cars sell with performance engines and I bet more will sell next year as they absorb previous Dodge V8 customers.

Wonder what's up with the price increases though? A flat $10K seems like an odd number.
I said the same thing about the Chief Donut Maker. So I expect oddness from Tim

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
GTD is application only from Ford and $300k starting.
But I do think we get another HiPo Mustang that will slot under the GTD and over the Dark Horse

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
On 1/1/2024 just pull the curtain down on Dodge as we know it. As mentioned, Ford is going to sell A LOT of new Mustangs in the coming years.
With all of the Government fines Dodge was paying out every year it's a wonder they kept building them as long as they did.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
On 1/1/2024 just pull the curtain down on Dodge as we know it. As mentioned, Ford is going to sell A LOT of new Mustangs in the coming years.
With all of the Government fines Dodge was paying out every year it's a wonder they kept building them as long as they did.
I think that it's been exaggerated quite a bit. They were buying credits from Tesla but we all paid a gas guzzler tax.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Saw a 24 up close last weekend and still ugly in person. The screen dash looks like an after thought. Another car where the screen sits higher then the dash. I would go back to 2013 if I were to buy another mustang but if I'm going to do that plenty of used scat packs I would rather buy

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
DODGE HAS DEFINITLEY DRANK THE KOOLAID :LOL::ROFLMAO:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
DODGE HAS DEFINITLEY DRANK THE KOOLAID :LOL::ROFLMAO:
And so have you with these all caps, everywhere.

Anyway this is the current ticker:
1693591916059.png

Lets see how this looks one year from now.