Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Transmission Fluid Change?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Certainly are.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
We just did my son's BMW X5 sport, it has the sport version of the Nag in it. It is a pain in the Ass to do, hopefully the ZF8 is better, BUT,And I say again, BUT, you have to follow the procedure EXACTLY to get the fill correct. Involves keeping temp range in window they specify, and a few times of running and then checking the level. Better part of a day from start to finish before I was satisfied, made a very positive improvement to shift quality and firmness.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I’m sold on trans service every 30,000 miles. I used to get BG treatment performed by my dealer for my trans on my then new 2013 Charger Daytona. Not the same trans but BG offers a 150,000 mile extended warranty including labor and parts up to $4,000 if you use their products. What I’m getting at is their warranty is good only if you keep up the trans service every 30,000 miles. The factory service schedule doesn’t call for that but BG requires it. As far as BG is concerned, I never had a trans problem but I did have a roller lifter go bad at 144,000 miles. I did the BG oil treatment every 5,000 miles. They covered me for a $2,400+ bill at the Dodge dealer with no questions asked…of course my dealer provided the service records showing I had my oil changed every 5,000 miles or less with the BG product. I also did my rear differential and fuel system with BG products. BG may not be be for everyone but it was worth it in the end on my car because I knew I was going to put more than 100,000 on it in 3 years.