Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Top Dog

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
That was a great write up.

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I want everyone to know, its not just 1 of us out here striving to make the Demon live up to its name... its all the owners who are out here putting in the seat time.

Ron does not get credit enough, I feel for his hard work in the beginning. In the stock format I could go through the list of those who figured out 1 piece here or 1 piece there.
Ron Silva, Tali Garibay, Catherine Kosiba, Dave Davies, xpat-Jason Fetter, xpat- Adam Mueller, Mike Yon, Eric Taylor, Tom Taylor, Sanford clan... ;) Ray Z and Dustin Keltie
( many more)
Each of us building on each discovery made.
Fuel... we spent 1 year and countless track days experimenting with fuels.
Launch techniques, burnout times, tire temps... simple and complex procedures utilizing the chiller, unknown parameters regarding air temps/chiller ops, when and when not to ice... so many people have built the pyramid.

Honestly... I burned up a credit card in my quest.. not everyone could do that.
I was paying attention that day and took advantage of the most incredible weather conditions I have seen with a track available.
If I would have hesitated, said nahh too much on the card or... maybe next time..
It would be Catherine, Ron or Tali with the write up. But here is the thing, I want them to outperform me... each other even.
This is what we are about, I hope not to argue points here and there but to challenge each other and yes taunt each other to do better. I believe these cars in that incredible weather can do 9.4x at weight. And when the weather is not as incredible I hope someone lightens up enought to still grab a 9.4x...

Each time a STOCK POWER, UNMODIFIED Demon is in the headlines, running numbers like these... our cars legendary status and value only goes UP.

I plan to keep pushing the envelope, want to join me? 💪😎

OP
The Englishman

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #4
“It would be Catherine, Ron or Tali with the write up. But here is the thing, I want them to outperform me ...each other even”
Thats a fact,I witnessed how excited you were (everyone was) when First Catherine and then Tali bettered your time in Houston,also how well you get on with Ron( top man)😎

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That was a good write up. It does raise a question for me though.....what is so different about one seat missing? I'd be curious what #457 runs with the passenger seat removed/configured like #3299. Is it possible the one seat Demons have a different program allowing them to run a bit quicker/faster?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I can just imagine the arguments that a future mod is going to bring up...

:)

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
That was a good write up. It does raise a question for me though.....what is so different about one seat missing? I'd be curious what #457 runs with the passenger seat removed/configured like #3299. Is it possible the one seat Demons have a different program allowing them to run a bit quicker/faster?
So the 1 seat cars have 4 physical changes from a 2 seat car (rear seat delete)
1. No pass seat
2. No pass seat belt assy
3. No harness for the seat and its functions
4. Noteably less glue and foam in car

The other tuning aspect... just dont know there. I do not know of any 1 seat software being compared to a 2seat/full interior car.
I think it would be a real interesting quest to see if they are different.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If someone can get me a read form a one seat Demon with HPTuners I can compare them.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
“It would be Catherine, Ron or Tali with the write up. But here is the thing, I want them to outperform me ...each other even”
Thats a fact,I witnessed how excited you were (everyone was) when First Catherine and then Tali bettered your time in Houston,also how well you get on with Ron( top man)😎
Agreed. 100%.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
So the 1 seat cars have 4 physical changes from a 2 seat car (rear seat delete)
1. No pass seat
2. No pass seat belt assy
3. No harness for the seat and its functions
4. Noteably less glue and foam in car

The other tuning aspect... just dont know there. I do not know of any 1 seat software being compared to a 2seat/full interior car.
I think it would be a real interesting quest to see if they are different.
Byron, another notable difference is the manual steering column on the one seat cars. I actually think all the cloth seat cars came with a manual steering column. I don't remember how the option/packages were setup when it came to the steering column. I didn't realize there really less glue and foam in the one seater? I haven't done a side by side comparison. As far as programming, I'm pretty sure the programming is the same. Weight removal alone makes a huge difference one these cars.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Amazing write up. The Demons are no joke. I got to be a stickler on this one. Technically has not beat Dodges claimed time Leah's record still stands. On stock wheel and tire 9.68... so damn close. Yes beehappy would have went faster and crushed Leah's record if he weighed 125lbs. Knowing he is faster then Leah I would call Guinness slap on the stock wheel and tire setup and make it official. Nothing would be more amazing then having that Guinness plaque on the wall beside the Demon.

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Byron, another notable difference is the manual steering column on the one seat cars. I actually think all the cloth seat cars came with a manual steering column. I don't remember how the option/packages were setup when it came to the steering column. I didn't realize there really less glue and foam in the one seater? I haven't done a side by side comparison. As far as programming, I'm pretty sure the programming is the same. Weight removal alone makes a huge difference one these cars.
You are correct, leather cars have the electric tilt telescope column... @ 20lbs more I believe

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Amazing write up. The Demons are no joke. I got to be a stickler on this one. Technically has not beat Dodges claimed time Leah's record still stands. On stock wheel and tire 9.68... so damn close. Yes beehappy would have went faster and crushed Leah's record if he weighed 125lbs. Knowing he is faster then Leah I would call Guinness slap on the stock wheel and tire setup and make it official. Nothing would be more amazing then having that Guinness plaque on the wall beside the Demon.
Its all good, your opinion is it still stands.
Everyone else... its over
There are quite a few Demons that have now gone faster than 9.65

Its old news. That number was broken in December... then. 9.57 was broken in January by Ron Silva... 9.55
Then stock power by Catherine Kosiba..9.51
Then stock power again by Tali Garibay...9.50

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Its all good, your opinion is it still stands.
Everyone else... its over
There are quite a few Demons that have now gone faster than 9.65

Its old news. That number was broken in December... then. 9.57 was broken in January by Ron Silva... 9.55
Then stock power by Catherine Kosiba..9.51
Then stock power again by Tali Garibay...9.50
Those times are stock on stock wheels and tires? I was talking about the actual Guinness record. Factory Demon off of the showroom floor.

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Come join us at one of the Legion and friends rentals. Be judgemental there. We are quite ready for anyone to pull up and stage alongside us.... see you at the track!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The demon guys/gals are always pleasant to be around and If your ever around tim you can see how much passion the guy has , I’m now having to modify my car more because these damn demons are getting faster every time I look 👀

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Come join us at one of the Legion and friends rentals. Be judgemental there. We are quite ready for anyone to pull up and stage alongside us.... see you at the track!
Judgmental? Here we go. I asked a honest simple question. You don't have to answer I think I got my answer.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Judgmental? Here we go. I asked a honest simple question. You don't have to answer I think I got my answer.
Don't question the King, he was appointed by divinity - you don't get a vote. Please just accept it and move on, peasant.

OP
The Englishman

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #19
Don't question the King, he was appointed by divinity - you don't get a vote. Please just accept it and move on, peasant.
You should know better than that Motörhead,afterall my Queen is your Queen,you don’t get to vote a monarch into power that’s reserved for Presidents and prime ministers.Anyway who would you vote for? Bee happy gets my vote 😜

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
FWIW - The last time I lined up against @BeeHappy , I think I won, and it was in a stock 4900lb Charger HC. The real winner of the day was, BeeHappy, though, because then he took out Ron @DRAGRCR in the Demon finals and won a set of Welds because I gave him a chance to cool down in the pits. :ROFLMAO:
That's how I remember it at least :p