Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

this dont seem correct to me?

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #21

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
ET street R is a better tire for track.
And for M6 - tires 18psi for track.
A8 - 20psi

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
I have never liked the way the et's get squirrely on the big end.My t/a runs mid 10's and it dead hook's with ss drag radials and with et's on 20lbs. I just dont like the feel....lol yeah the et's street are a better tire for sure though

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The R's on mine don't feel bad at all at the top end at 20psi.
That's way you shouldn't go below 18psi also, & tire can start to cup if it's too low & not get full contact patch of tire.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Is the Hellcat an A8 or M6?

RE knock sensors are desensitized from OEM vs Hellcat FYI, perhaps due to the different blower being nosier or something.
Sorry miss spoke. I remember you said the values are different in the RE tunes v.s. standard Hellcat (don't remember them off hand. lol). The COT is what's overdone on the RE (and Trackhawks). When triggered was told they dump fuel like crazy even more than earlier models. Point I wanted to drive home was that at 17l.bs he's at the edge of your average pump gas tune. Timing, fuel curve, STKR, COT plus more all has to be on point in the tune. It's gotta be gone over to see what's what. At the least he's down on power, at most he could smoke something.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Cat Over Temp (COT) is kind of a weird one, at least to me. The Hellcat doesn't have sensors to actually monitor the temperature of the converters, so it uses some kind of algorithm and variables to "estimate" the temperature. I'm assuming it's pretty accurate as SRT definitely has equipment to dial that in.

The tunes for standard Hellcat and Redeye are almost the same though, with just a minor difference in the max enrichment value (9.2 AFR for Helclat and 9.3 for RE) but I would think it's a scale as it approaches the max cat temp. The target and threshold is 1749° F in the tunes but COT is enabled at only 32°F over the target temp. On my stock Hellcat that would kick in by 3rd gear in a 1/4 mile pass regardless of how cool I had the car. My dash AFR would drop from 11.9 to 10.7 or so.

AFAIK every tuner turns that off in their custom tunes. You want to be particularly aware of it on E85 or Flex Fuel tunes as you're already getting a lot more volume from ethanol and COT kicking in wouldn't be a good thing IMO.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Cat Over Temp (COT) is kind of a weird one, at least to me. The Hellcat doesn't have sensors to actually monitor the temperature of the converters, so it uses some kind of algorithm and variables to "estimate" the temperature. I'm assuming it's pretty accurate as SRT definitely has equipment to dial that in.

The tunes for standard Hellcat and Redeye are almost the same though, with just a minor difference in the max enrichment value (9.2 AFR for Helclat and 9.3 for RE) but I would think it's a scale as it approaches the max cat temp. The target and threshold is 1749° F in the tunes but COT is enabled at only 32°F over the target temp. On my stock Hellcat that would kick in by 3rd gear in a 1/4 mile pass regardless of how cool I had the car. My dash AFR would drop from 11.9 to 10.7 or so.

AFAIK every tuner turns that off in their custom tunes. You want to be particularly aware of it on E85 or Flex Fuel tunes as you're already getting a lot more volume from ethanol and COT kicking in wouldn't be a good thing IMO.
32* over target temp at @1750?!. Not a lot of leeway. I took my stainless mid pipes off because I couldn't stand the stink and they weren't making anymore power supposedly at my level. Mild dedicated E85 tune might be where I'm headed next, to switch between that and tune I have now. Maybe the stainless pipes will have to go back on? although I'm pretty sure as you said the COT was turned off. Sorry to OP for going off target a little.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I run my cats, no issues. I have COT turned off. Yeah the 32° variant kinda surprised me as well. That's how it reads in the tune at least with HPT.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
I dont have cats on mine lt's and flowmaster 10's....I found me a stock m6 tune on hp tuner site and I just put mine back to stock till demon can tune it.....but I did do some comparing and someone has sure tried to tune it.But I think Demon will get it squired away.And next time that scat pack wont be beside me at the end of the track :) if it is I'm selling the hellcat

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I dont have cats on mine lt's and flowmaster 10's....I found me a stock m6 tune on hp tuner site and I just put mine back to stock till demon can tune it.....but I did do some comparing and someone has sure tried to tune it.But I think Demon will get it squired away.And next time that scat pack wont be beside me at the end of the track :) if it is I'm selling the hellcat
Put the whole car back to stock or just the tune?
If you’re at 17psi, with upper and lower pullies… I wouldn’t recommend that. You’re not gaining anything by going to the stock tune other than probably causing more problems than you have. The tune you have hasn’t blown up the car yet, so stick with it until you give them the car.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
If you have the tuner or not. Get it back and replace it with the stock one. The hand held will tell you how to do this. I would. I kept all my stock tunes and gave them to the new owners. $$$ Have not messed with the H/C YET.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Put the whole car back to stock or just the tune?
If you’re at 17psi, with upper and lower pullies… I wouldn’t recommend that. You’re not gaining anything by going to the stock tune other than probably causing more problems than you have. The tune you have hasn’t blown up the car yet, so stick with it until you give them the car.
No the tune I'm sure not going to put the back to stock.....but you do have point

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Oh my.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
you feel me hick

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea,,, I have been there. It can be impossible at times, but I have learned, hard learn, patient ents. Just have to read and learn. Cheaper that way and sounds like you have time for both, so take advantge of it. In the 70s,, we did not have the tools, like the internet but we didn't have thieves like we have now. I feel com 4 or at ble at this site. Good people. Don'tbe im patient ant.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I run my cats, no issues. I have COT turned off. Yeah the 32° variant kinda surprised me as well. That's how it reads in the tune at least with HPT.
I can see on e85 turning them off, with 30% more fuel & a cooling factor there too.
I think my tune is set to 1850* cot on 93 & cats.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I turned off COT in my 93 tunes as well, but I'm commanding a richer wot fuel strategy vs stock and don't want anything messing with what I'm commanding. With tuning there's 10 ways to skin the cat.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
what is the best suspension wise would help with 60' I already have good tires front tower brace,rear brace....is there anything else thats tried and true to help on the 60

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
what is the best suspension wise would help with 60' I already have good tires front tower brace,rear brace....is there anything else thats tried and true to help on the 60
@Speedy! and I both saw improvements from the AAD drag pack. It also helps with wheel hop.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Speedster,,,, easy buddy. Looknup stairs and they have a few things to look at. But,,, shutup Hickster and leave it a lone. Yepper. Nothing a baked potatoe and veggies want cure. Along with a shake and a shine. The delima seems to be developing beyound my 1st grade control. Luckster to ya.