Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Worlds Greatest Drag Race......

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Agree
The only thing the world's greatest drag race proves is the auto journalist ineptness

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I don't understand that.....I just don't.
Rear wheel drive, no track prep (because it's not a track). In the real world on a "street" it just is not that fast without some work (and these guys just belt in and turn on launch control - and Dodge LC software is just shit - I hate to say it). Where I think the RE should hold its head up is look at comparative price: Jesus christ what a deal, it's at least competitive with cars three times is price - maybe four if you count the Dodge in at 55K brand new from Koons. And it's getting beat on by no AWD and shitty launch software.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That McClaren is freaking insane! Gapped the entire competition. Should've brought out the Demon and put the drag pack setup on it to run with these guys.
No longer in production. But would have been nice to see. But don't forget, it's just unpreped concrete. No guarantee the demon would do any better than the RE. It's not a prepped track.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ha, you know he was using the PZ4 PZeros. You know some of those cars had bigger PZeros and some had some better rubber on them too.
Under "the rules" they're supposed to only show up with the factory tires.....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Rear wheel drive, no track prep (because it's not a track). In the real world on a "street" it just is not that fast without some work (and these guys just belt in and turn on launch control - and Dodge LC software is just shit - I hate to say it). Where I think the RE should hold its head up is look at comparative price: Jesus christ what a deal, it's at least competitive with cars three times is price - maybe four if you count the Dodge in at 55K brand new from Koons. And it's getting beat on by no AWD and shitty launch software.
I bet they can drive slow on the driveway real well......