Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeah if the Electric Muscle cars ooh gag me come to life then yeah us ICE AGE guys are done lol. We will be the Horse and buggy conversions of the grandkids lol. And I think the Demon values is so beyond conversations lol I mean it’s done and I mean done. The hey day has come and passed I think to continue to wait to sell a Demon to make more money is gone. And I posted it first no one here besides a few demon owners are actually fixated on this and yeah not bashing the thread starter since it’s an open forum and 9 pages in what is the verdict??? It’s the same verdict as the previous verdict if your Demon owner best investment of a car ever if your not a Demon owner than yeah whatever. I agree it got way too quiet on the Demon speculation so good reading.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Yeah if the Electric Muscle cars ooh gag me come to life then yeah us ICE AGE guys are done lol. We will be the Horse and buggy conversions of the grandkids lol. And I think the Demon values is so beyond conversations lol I mean it’s done and I mean done. The hey day has come and passed I think to continue to wait to sell a Demon to make more money is gone. And I posted it first no one here besides a few demon owners are actually fixated on this and yeah not bashing the thread starter since it’s an open forum and 9 pages in what is the verdict??? It’s the same verdict as the previous verdict if your Demon owner best investment of a car ever if your not a Demon owner than yeah whatever. I agree it got way too quiet on the Demon speculation so good reading.
You’ve posted it so many times I think you are fixated on it.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah I started the thread not and heck if it wasn’t the go back and forth then what is their to talk about lol.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
We could always talk about what a "stock" car is, as it relates to drag racing records. Ohh better yet, talk about the 9.65 Demon quarter mile pass and what stock Demon weight is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Do you believe there were any unknown special mods to the 9.65 debut Demon?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I do

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #187
Yeah a 115 pound professional driver, great air and a perfectly prepared track.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ron ran a 9.71 and had a quicker 1/8 than the record on the next pass but ran out of gas. I agree with the post above, good driver, that weighs nothing, nasty good DA and track.

You want to really get people twisted, use terms like, "Demon like weight reduction" or "9.65 Demon weight" . Demon owners who ordered the all the goodies and then remove them at the track say this stuff.

In addition, Demon with the race PCM is an unlocked PCM, it appears some have run a tune but said it was stock tune. Lots of crazy shit going on in the Demon racing world. Another example, blow the rear up at the track, if the Nittos were not used, FCA is denying the warranty claim, I am not making this up.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I will not even get into the "legion of Demon" nonsense, Demon1 gets twisted when I get going on this topic.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Ron ran a 9.71 and had a quicker 1/8 than the record on the next pass but ran out of gas. I agree with the post above, good driver, that weighs nothing, nasty good DA and track.

You want to really get people twisted, use terms like, "Demon like weight reduction" or "9.65 Demon weight" . Demon owners who ordered the all the goodies and then remove them at the track say this stuff.
I saw Ron’s 9.71 with my own eyes. He has one of the 16 factory one seat Demons. I believe he can break that 9.65.

You know where I stand on the weight reduction. Everyone should disclose exactly what is different from how the car came from the factory (except 840 pcm) including wheel and tires changes. I personally still consider it stock with only wheel/tire change unless it’s a 15” conversion. I’m running the Nittos with stock wheels and skinnies.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I saw Ron’s 9.71 with my own eyes. He has one of the 16 factory one seat Demons. I believe he can break that 9.65.

You know where I stand on the weight reduction. Everyone should disclose exactly what is different from how the car came from the factory (except 840 pcm) including wheel and tires changes. I personally still consider it stock with only wheel/tire change unless it’s a 15” conversion. I’m running the Nittos with stock wheels and skinnies.
I know where you stand, you are for full disclosure, I agree. I tell the Forum the good, the bad and the ugly (there has been some ugly). No cherry picking :cool::cool::cool:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Do you believe there were any unknown special mods to the 9.65 debut Demon?
No, but it took all the stars aligning to hit that number.

Maybe we see someone hit it this late fall/winter but who knows.

If i had skin in the game, id probably gut the car further to see if i could hit it. If not, my 100lbs wife would be in the driver seat :cool:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
He has one of the 16 factory one seat Demons.
Hold on. There were only 16 single-seat Demons built?!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Hold on. There were only 16 single-seat Demons built?!
Yep. I know where 4 of the 16 are located and I am fortunate to have one of them.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why is this news? So many here want to be smart asses, but really don't know what is going on.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Yep. I know where 4 of the 16 are located and I am fortunate to have one of them.
Then that, ladies and gentlemen, settles which Demons will actually be worth something in 30 years. As they are the ones built as intended (assuming none got ordered with a back seat or sunroof or 18 speaker sound system for some odd reason), not an option-bloated Redeye equivalent with garbage suspension.

I am baffled that only 16 "factory drag cars" actually got built like factory drag cars. Insane.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Then that, ladies and gentlemen, settles which Demons will actually be worth something in 30 years. As they are the ones built as intended (assuming none got ordered with a back seat or sunroof or 18 speaker sound system for some odd reason), not an option-bloated Redeye equivalent with garbage suspension.

I am baffled that only 16 "factory drag cars" actually got built like factory drag cars. Insane.
Yes, when they go to auction, I am sure that will be stated, what a joke. What I expect from someone who does not own one, buy a demon and want a passenger or back seat, God forbid, what a joke

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Damn, the good old days are back there is life in the new forum lol. Demon Values it’s the longest debate to date but yet the Demons are sitting with owners thinking it’s still not yet a good time to sell. Why not advertise the Demon for what you think it’s worth and see what happens which at the end of the day that will be the reality, My selling dealer has the owners personal Demon for sale now over a year. https://www.dulleschryslerdodgejeep...ed=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-packages-0

Status
Not open for further replies.