Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Order went in 7/21, car delivered 8/24. I'm picking it up this afternoon and couldn't be more excited.

View attachment 22939
Congrats! Love the F8 Green.

Did the body have any transit wrap on it?

Thanks.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Ordered my regular body HC on 4/20. F8 / SRT spoiler / rear seat delete
Got my vin a week later. Was told by dealer that ship date is 6/8. I don’t believe them.
Ordered on March 27. Still being sequenced to build. That's Bullsh&t!

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT told me a month ago est. shipping date was May 26. Yesterday they said it is only sequenced to be built. Different info every time you call them.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
SRT told me a month ago est. shipping date was May 26. Yesterday they said it is only sequenced to be built. Different info every time you call them.
Exactly! My dealer said that all timelines are subject (and expected) to change. While I'm anxious to get it, I'm not holding my breath. As long as it's built and I take delivery, I'll be happy. I'm just using the time to build my down payment and collect extras (rock guards, front license plate mount, etc.).

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Exactly! My dealer said that all timelines are subject (and expected) to change. While I'm anxious to get it, I'm not holding my breath. As long as it's built and I take delivery, I'll be happy. I'm just using the time to build my down payment and collect extras (rock guards, front license plate mount, etc.).
I have a friend who ordered a 2020 C8 and waited over a year before delivery due to the Covid shutdown. In fact they delivered a 2021 to him about six weeks ago!

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have a friend who ordered a 2020 C8 and waited over a year before delivery due to the Covid shutdown. In fact they delivered a 2021 to him about six weeks ago!
A year would be a long time to wait. :(

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's the beauty of customer service. You never know what answers and predictions they'll pick from their pile of cue cards.
As long as you know not to believe anything they claim, it can be an entertaining pastime.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's the beauty of customer service. You never know what answers and predictions they'll pick from their pile of cue cards.
As long as you know not to believe anything they claim, it can be an entertaining pastime.
LOL. I called today and was told it’s been in D1 for 27 days. She said to call back Friday (30 days) and after 30 they will expedite it. That’s one I never heard before. I just don’t want to buy snow tires to drive it home from Virginia!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They put our '19 on "Fast Track" a couple of times...which didn't seem to make any difference.
It still took over four months from when it was built to when it made it to the dealer.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They put our '19 on "Fast Track" a couple of times...which didn't seem to make any difference.
It still took over four months from when it was built to when it made it to the dealer.
I’ll be 78 next month. I’d like to get it while I can still see the tree at the track!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellcat Charger WB
I ordered mine March 20. As of today it is built and waiting inspection. When will it actually hit the dealer....who knows. I know it was in D1 for a while until I called SRT, bitched and moaned and they assigned it a case number. After that, it took about 8-9 days to go from D1 to where it is now.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I ordered mine March 20. As of today it is built and waiting inspection. When will it actually hit the dealer....who knows. I know it was in D1 for a while until I called SRT, bitched and moaned and they assigned it a case number. After that, it took about 8-9 days to go from D1 to where it is now.
Same scenario here. Ordered March 27. Build sheet but no Window Sticker yet so it's not ready to ship yet. Close.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine was ordered April 2nd. No buildsheet yet. 😞

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Mine was ordered April 2nd. No buildsheet yet. 😞
Sounds about normal.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Same scenario here. Ordered March 27. Build sheet but no Window Sticker yet so it's not ready to ship yet. Close.
That means it also hasn't been built yet. Window sticker shows after it leaves the line complete. Build sheet showing means it's scheduled and they have the parts and such planned. Shouldn't be too long, but then it's the shipping waiting game.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Killer wait is in shipping. After you've been told it's on the train.....

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Killer wait is in shipping. After you've been told it's on the train.....
Especially when it didn't actually end up on a train.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That means it also hasn't been built yet. Window sticker shows after it leaves the line complete. Build sheet showing means it's scheduled and they have the parts and such planned. Shouldn't be too long, but then it's the shipping waiting game.
Thursday Craig told me it was in trim.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just spoke to Dodge and my Hellcat is built, inspected and waiting for shipment to Koons.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Ordering in March this year, it took 8 weeks for my Charger SP.