Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Exits for the Ice Employees has begun at Stellantis

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've been through plenty of blizzards..even the BIG one in "77"....5 days of zero temps...and zero visibility....don't want ANY part of a hurricane:eek:
I remember that. School was closed for about 10 days or so. Fortunately I had a 4x4 so we could get to the store.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I've been through plenty of blizzards..even the BIG one in "77"....5 days of zero temps...and zero visibility....don't want ANY part of a hurricane:eek:
The days after a big one are so beautiful. I should get some interesting drifts in my new trees this year. I hope. We need moisture bad.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #103

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I remember that. School was closed for about 10 days or so. Fortunately I had a 4x4 so we could get to the store.
Yep, we had about 2 weeks of school closed. It was glorious.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Look out....CC's nuts are puffin up..hes tellin us where to go...:oops::oops:
Don't worry, we can derail that by Monday.......latest.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
How many people died in 77 stuck on 128? The cars were completely buried, they had front loaders digging through the snow with a line of tow trucks to pull out the cars when they hit one. Many had occupants. Some ran out of gas and froze, others suffocated from exhaust. Snow is beautiful, but like many other weather forms, it can be very deadly to the unprepared, ignorant or arrogant. IMG_1867.JPG

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
madea hell no.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep, we had about 2 weeks of school closed. It was glorious.
In Buffalo...the drifts were over peoples houses...all rear wheel drive cars...stuck and buried everywhere..people died in their cars...snowmobiles were the only things that moved...the city stood still for over 5 days...amazingly people came together..stores gave away what little food they had left...there was no such thing as bottled water back then...and everybody helped everybody...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Don't worry, we can derail that by Monday.......latest.
Probably hasn't bought a car in a couple of weeks...he's gettin cranky...:oops:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
In Buffalo...the drifts were over peoples houses...all rear wheel drive cars...stuck and buried everywhere..people died in their cars...snowmobiles were the only things that moved...the city stood still for over 5 days...amazingly people came together..stores gave away what little food they had left...there was no such thing as bottled water back then...and everybody helped everybody...
Yeah, it was bad here too. Us kids were digging snow tunnels everywhere. I lived on a side road then and we were always the last ones to get plowed out. Everyday people would go out and snovel more snow and it got to the point that there just wasn't anyplace to put it until the plows came down.

You're right though, all the neighbors checked on each other and gave people things if they needed them.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I past that point on my way from Buffalo to State College...twice a month...gorgeous country...
Lots of views like that in the Pennsylvania mountains but I don’t think that particular location would be between Buffalo and State College if it’s in NE Pa…

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Correct size and figure! But no😉
My dad bought a brand new 77’ Chevy Blazer 4x4 with factory lift right before the blizzards hit! I was 8 at the time.
As it should be! That’s what neighbors do, or at least should do! We had the only house on our end of the county road (8 houses in total) with a fireplace so we tied ropes to all the back doors and walked all the neighbors to our house dragging what food they had to bring on Bob sleds😁
It was like a party for us kids but I’m sure the parents wanted to kill each other by the end of the week!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah, it was bad here too. Us kids were digging snow tunnels everywhere. I lived on a side road then and we were always the last ones to get plowed out. Everyday people would go out and snovel more snow and it got to the point that there just wasn't anyplace to put it until the plows came down.

You're right though, all the neighbors checked on each other and gave people things if they needed them.
In Buffalo the Army Corps of engineers brought in tons of equipment..they were loading snow in rail cars and shipping it out of town..and Lake Erie was not frozen over yet so they were dumping snow in the lake around the clock...anybod
Lots of views like that in the Pennsylvania mountains but I don’t think that particular location would be between Buffalo and State College if it’s in NE Pa…

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
In Buffalo the Army Corps of engineers brought in tons of equipment..they were loading snow in rail cars and shipping it out of town..and Lake Erie was not frozen over yet so they were dumping snow in the lake around the clock...anybod
You're not the boss of us.

:p:p
tell em troop(y)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I 80...middle of the state in PA...I remember seeing a road sign indicating highest elevation on I 80

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #118
I 80...middle of the state in PA...I remember seeing a road sign indicating highest elevation on I 80
Yeh I know I was shopping the other day and saw a sign saying no Bananas due to diesel fuel shortage.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeh I know I was shopping the other day and saw a sign saying no Bananas due to diesel fuel shortage.
CC...youv'e been gettin way too much shock therapy from those EV's you got...o_O

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
You are right! Just north of Clearfield. That doesn’t seem like it’s NE PA. @16GoManGoHC2 must live in North central PA? I would consider NE PA being more like East of Williamsport? I used to do a lot of business all over PA with highway contractors. The views and Fall colors are truly beautiful through the mountains on I-80 and I-81.