Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Deals Are Starting To Happen

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wouldn't bu

Just look at the invoice and find the ep price plus any rebates. Even then, they're overpriced.
Unfortunately...that money off invoice ...is not applicable to a lease....only a purchase

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
3 Doors Down is a band...clever take on your post IF you knew that! :p
Once ya get by Clyde bonnis and the merry music men....I'm clueless...:oops:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Unfortunately...that money off invoice ...is not applicable to a lease....only a purchase
Not true.

A lower purchase price lowers payment along with residual value. Higher Residual = lower payments.

Lower Residual is better for you to purchase at lease end.

The Charger had a low Residual value because I insisted on 15K miles per year. It was initially just a daily driver.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not true.

A lower purchase price lowers payment along with residual value. Higher Residual = lower payments.

Lower Residual is better for you to purchase at lease end.

The Charger had a low Residual value because I insisted on 15K miles per year. It was initially just a daily driver.
Stelantis will NOT apply the discount to a lease...only an individual purchase...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
Stelantis will NOT apply the discount to a lease...only an individual purchase...
You can always lease through a different company.

I leased the 2500 through allied because their lease deal was horrible.

Charger was through Chrysler and the lease deal had all the discounts in it.

Fuck Stellantis.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You can always lease through a different company.

I leased the 2500 through allied because their lease deal was horrible.

Charger was through Chrysler and the lease deal had all the discounts in it.

Fuck Stellantis.
That may have been...I have been negotiating leases on personal vehicles...company vehicles...comm. vehicles and trailers..for over 35 years..with manufactures... various banks..private equity firms..it's a fluid business..and @ this point in time...Stellantis...will not offer the discount to Chrysler Financial...or any other company engaged in leasing a Ram 1500...my present lease is up on the 30th of this month...I've been dealing with this the past two wks....this aint my first rodeo

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
That may have been...I have been negotiating leases on personal vehicles...company vehicles...comm. vehicles and trailers..for over 35 years..with manufactures... various banks..private equity firms..it's a fluid business..and @ this point in time...Stellantis...will not offer the discount to Chrysler Financial...or any other company engaged in leasing a Ram 1500...my present lease is up on the 30th of this month...I've been dealing with this the past two wks....this aint my first rodeo
Last lease was 2021 for us. Not planning on leasing again. It was a very good write-off.

Sounds like the whole leasing game at Stellantis has turned to shit. I'm not planning on buying or leasing anything from them in the future.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Last lease was 2021 for us. Not planning on leasing again. It was a very good write-off.

Sounds like the whole leasing game at Stellantis has turned to shit. I'm not planning on buying or leasing anything from them in the future.
It has...and the Chrysler Financial segment is @ odds with Stellantis in general...it's a real shit show...Even the dealers themselves are frustrated...I was one click away from a Tundra limited 1793 edition..till our materials handling people informed me I cant hang a plow on it...I will NEVER buy a Ford...so it was back to the Ram 1500...This non applicable discount has become an issue with me..this deal should have been done a wk. ago...:mad:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
It has...and the Chrysler Financial segment is @ odds with Stellantis in general...it's a real shit show...Even the dealers themselves are frustrated...I was one click away from a Tundra limited 1793 edition..till our materials handling people informed me I cant hang a plow on it...I will NEVER buy a Ford...so it was back to the Ram 1500...This non applicable discount has become an issue with me..this deal should have been done a wk. ago...:mad:
It's a shame you can't put a plow on the Tundra because we really like ours. My wife even likes to drive it.

How about a GMC with the 6.2?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's a shame you can't put a plow on the Tundra because we really like ours. My wife even likes to drive it.

How about a GMC with the 6.2?
I looked @ the Denali...gorgeous truck..not a fan of the Chestnut brown (only interior) and that big (Chrome) cheese grader grill...although it's still an option @ this point....usually rolling over to a new lease takes an hour or two at best...this thing is draggin on...and I'm not a patient person...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
I looked @ the Denali...gorgeous truck..not a fan of the Chestnut brown (only interior) and that big (Chrome) cheese grader grill...although it's still an option @ this point....usually rolling over to a new lease takes an hour or two at best...this thing is draggin on...and I'm not a patient person...
It's a damn shame that you can't even get the vehicle you want simply because the manufacturer is a greedy fuck.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's a damn shame that you can't even get the vehicle you want simply because the manufacturer is a greedy fuck.
Agreed..and it doesn't help that @ least up here in this region...the Ram 1500 limited is in very short supply..almost non existent..

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
Agreed..and it doesn't help that @ least up here in this region...the Ram 1500 limited is in very short supply..almost non existent..
I don't know which models but the lots down here seems to be full of them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't know which models but the lots down here seems to be full of them.
Most are lower trim levels..I call em farm trucks...I log 125k miles every 3 years in my work trucks..I need all the creature comforts..heated/cooling seats..heated wheel...10 way power seats..leather interior..power running boards...nav...air suspension...the limited fills that bill...and rides like a Bently...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
Most are lower trim levels..I call em farm trucks...I log 125k miles every 3 years in my work trucks..I need all the creature comforts..heated/cooling seats..heated wheel...10 way power seats..leather interior..power running boards...nav...air suspension...the limited fills that bill...and rides like a Bently...
I was happy with the Laramie trim on the 2 that I had. Neither 1 had air suspension.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was happy with the Laramie trim on the 2 that I had. Neither 1 had air suspension.
I might have to settle for the Laramie..(nice truck)..my 21 has air ride...when hauling over 2500 lbs...the stability is like nite and day over non air ride..

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
I might have to settle for the Laramie..(nice truck)..my 21 has air ride...when hauling over 2500 lbs...the stability is like nite and day over non air ride..
I think air suspension is an option.
I'm a little different because I don't like the big screen. I prefer the buttons on the level 1 package.

The Tundra has the big screen and the buttons. Much easier to operate in my opinion.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
D
I think air suspension is an option.
I'm a little different because I don't like the big screen. I prefer the buttons on the level 1 package.

The Tundra has the big screen and the buttons. Much easier to operate in my opinion.
didn't drive the Tundra..but it was a really nice lookin truck

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
D

didn't drive the Tundra..but it was a really nice lookin truck
Drives really well. We have the hybrid version. It generates its own electricity.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Drives really well. We have the hybrid version. It generates its own electricity.
That's how the one I looked @ was specked out..not that it matters much now..but how is the mileage on that set up...:unsure: