Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tesla Plaid vs McClaren 720S

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm telling you, all you have to do is save $112.36/day from July 8 :LOL:
Yeah, just save $384 a day for 1 year & you'll have $140k. ;)

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
people with no experience with high HP vehicles are going to get hurt

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My GF's boss would have 140K in 31 days, she just told me he made 1.6 million last year, that's $4383 a day. He's a lawyer. Would not know it by looking at him, regular shirt, tennis shoes & jeans, just bought a used Ford truck that he drives & loves it.
I should have went to law school. :rolleyes:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
The only other EV even close to the Plaid is 7 figures… You guys are nuts, lol.

7 figure price tag, means it starts at a million dollars.

Can you name a few of them please.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
My GF's boss would have 140K in 31 days, she just told me he made 1.6 million last year, that's $4383 a day. He's a lawyer. Would not know it by looking at him, regular shirt, tennis shoes & jeans, just bought a used Ford truck that he drives & loves it.

I find that often the truly wealthy dress casually.
I know a couple, always dressed casual, i mean shorts or jeans, regular Tshirt, sandals or cowboy boots casual.
Pull in about 18 to 20 million per year.

When i sold cars, the grubby looking guys could often pay cash. The guy in a suit and tie couldn't even qualify for financing.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I find that often the truly wealthy dress casually.
I know a couple, always dressed casual, i mean shorts or jeans, regular Tshirt, sandals or cowboy boots casual.
Pull in about 18 to 20 million per year.

When i sold cars, the grubby looking guys could often pay cash. The guy in a suit and tie couldn't even qualify for financing.
I worked at Circuit City in high school. One day a ski bum looking dude walked in asking about expensive TVs. Nobody wanted to help him but I always helped people get what was best for them, regardless of price (we worked on commission).

Finally got him into the TV that he wanted. Maybe around $1k. Went to ring him up and he said he need like 100 of them for a new hotel he was opening in Jackson Hole WY. Needless to say, I made a shit ton of money off that sale and shot to the top as the #1 salesman in the country for that month haha.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
7 figure price tag, means it starts at a million dollars.

Can you name a few of them please.
Literally - the only EV even close - is 7 figures.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Thats a cool car, and even looks okay...not like tesla shit!

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #111
Mere pocket change. I will simply cut back on the grey poupon.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #112
Not necessarily man. Most folks with law degrees, more than half, do not "practice" law or work in the operational side of lawyering. And lawyers are like everyone else, good ones and bad ones. I don't make millions or anywhere close to that, because I have other businesses and a family that take up my time. I am also what many people say is not the average lawyer - in fact, I don't care to deal with most other "normal" lawyers. I also won't take clients I don't believe in (I take my oath very seriously); nor do I believe in taking folks money at gun point. Know an attorney here who told a oil field worker who was nabbed on a outstanding warrant from years back during routine company truck stop that he couldn't help them without a $3500 non-refundable fee. The warrant was from a failure to appear domestic offense that was years old. Took one phone call to resolve. I can't operate like that. In my other businesses I also can't d it (guy hands me a papersack full of 3500 in cash). I count it out and find $3700 in it, gave them the $200 back; told them to go have a nice dinner or something. But that's neither here nor there.

On the dressing, I don't give a damn about that. Going to court; fine, I have tailored Hong Kong suits for that. Not going to court - cargo shorts, ripstop fishing / hiking shirts, 6" work / hiking boots or freaking Birkenstocks. Your feet are your friends; take care of them (something my father taught me long ago). Also, if you'd like to underestimate me based on my casual dress, I do not mind that at all. Same with used cars. If they're nice enough, get the job done, and don't draw attention, I'm in.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #113
Literally - the only EV even close - is 7 figures.
Rimac is the shit. They had a reporter driving one in Serbia or where ever and he set a world record or something with it. LOL

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not necessarily man. Most folks with law degrees, more than half, do not "practice" law or work in the operational side of lawyering. And lawyers are like everyone else, good ones and bad ones. I don't make millions or anywhere close to that, because I have other businesses and a family that take up my time. I am also what many people say is not the average lawyer - in fact, I don't care to deal with most other "normal" lawyers. I also won't take clients I don't believe in (I take my oath very seriously); nor do I believe in taking folks money at gun point. Know an attorney here who told a oil field worker who was nabbed on a outstanding warrant from years back during routine company truck stop that he couldn't help them without a $3500 non-refundable fee. The warrant was from a failure to appear domestic offense that was years old. Took one phone call to resolve. I can't operate like that. In my other businesses I also can't d it (guy hands me a papersack full of 3500 in cash). I count it out and find $3700 in it, gave them the $200 back; told them to go have a nice dinner or something. But that's neither here nor there.

On the dressing, I don't give a damn about that. Going to court; fine, I have tailored Hong Kong suits for that. Not going to court - cargo shorts, ripstop fishing / hiking shirts, 6" work / hiking boots or freaking Birkenstocks. Your feet are your friends; take care of them (something my father taught me long ago). Also, if you'd like to underestimate me based on my casual dress, I do not mind that at all. Same with used cars. If they're nice enough, get the job done, and don't draw attention, I'm in.
I was merely pointing out that it wouldn't take some people very long to save the kind of money to buy a TP. and how some that have money don't act like it which is cool.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
That 15 minute process is not unlike warming up your car before racing. It is not what you would need to do in the staging lanes, it’s to make sure that the batteries are the right temp before dumping a shitload of power into the motor…

You can hot lap the Plaid.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
You warm your car up for 15 minutes to race?

Talk about heat soaking it.

I just noticed that no one was talking about all that bullshit.

I've been to the strip many times, never seen anyone warming up there car for 15 minutes.
The days i went to race my bike, I let it run for maybe 2 minutes max, and so were the other bikes, cars, etc.

I guess to each their own though...if you like a 15 minute warm up, to run the quarter, go for it.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
… let me put it this way, if the track is 15min away or you have 15 min between when you enter the gate, get tech’d, and wait for your class… the car is ready to race. It’s a nothing burger…

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
But between arrival, and race time there is a wait. Then between runs is a wait.

I guess i was really really surprised and shocked to hear this about tesla.

Imagine if you left home, drove 3 blocks in your tesla, and a bike challenged you to go when the light turns green.
Then roll down your windows i guess, and say ' excuse me sir, can we just cruise around for another 14 minutes while my batteries warm up'. Lol 😂🤣😅😂😂

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Plug em where??? I went thru 3 BP stations lukin for the best 93 I can find,,, all of em had no gas. That is in Florida. That has never happened. Not enough electric to fool these fools autos and run the gas pumps at the same time?? Sorry, I am thru teatering on my soap box, preaching to these, soon to be past, friends purchasing their $400,000 autos thinking they are in the right of being???? A big Dick. 2.5 trillion going towards the new in fuc--k structore and how to receive electric to these areas of,,, plug me in please while I have 3 Dwers and hope I don't have to calll a cab. Cause no distribution of electric.
Another shine, shake, and head in the sand. Sorry.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You warm your car up for 15 minutes to race?

Talk about heat soaking it.

I just noticed that no one was talking about all that bullshit.

I've been to the strip many times, never seen anyone warming up there car for 15 minutes.
The days i went to race my bike, I let it run for maybe 2 minutes max, and so were the other bikes, cars, etc.

I guess to each their own though...if you like a 15 minute warm up, to run the quarter, go for it.
With a chiller on my car & trying to get IC temps low, I idle for 10 > 15 minutes b4 a pass but I try to not go longer than 15 minutes if I can help it, & with a 180* t-stat & fans adjusted to keep the coolant temp at 185*, it's not too bad.