Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Suspension Control Module CONNECTOR - How to remove and replace?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
As I understand it, you can, but the canned programming has been shown to work. After watching some videos, the thing you guys may want to change is the milliseconds it controls the shocks during the launch.
For the price of it I hope it's programmable . Also there are a lot of different variables and it would me nice to fine tune your suspension as needed .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
So how did you release the tabs?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #43
So how did you release the tabs?
It was a trick. Slide the bottom (what seems like the meat of the connector) to the outside. Not the top part as we guessed. When you begin to slide it, it releases easy. The install is basically to SLIDE the connector back on. It does it quick and with a click, you know it is right, or it is wrong. Know what I mean?

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
This is awesome, excited to hear what you think. I’m eyeing this mod seriously!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I believe the DSC controller is programmable. I'm not sure if the Diablo sport unit is. The DSC is a couple hundred more expensive last time I looked.
I still think the Diablo sport unit is the same as the DSC and likely just branded as Diablo Sport. Hopefully it can be programmed as well.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Sub'd

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayette County
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I have the DSC controller. Yep, those connectors are weird to disconnect but just follow the guide angle. The controller is programmable. Programming protocol totally different then PCM tuning (I have HP). I’m using this setup with Demon shocks and springs.

Last edited:
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
I have the DSC controller. Yep, those connectors are weird to disconnect but just follow the guide angle. The controller is programmable and to my knowledge has nothing to do with DiabloSport. Programming protocol totally different then PCM tuning (I have HP). I’m using this setup with Demon shocks and springs.
Great! Tell us more about your actual experience after modifications.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Watching and waiting to see if and what it does on a drag racing setup.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Mail me yours, we have no snow, I will install, street test, and mail back. :)

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Waiting to hear how it performs in the street application. That's where I hunt. :)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52
This was not much, but I needed to turn it around. Done with the rear stuff and need to work on the oil and front end stuff now. Darn that rear suspension is beautiful. So out of the drive, up to the Cul-d-sac, back. Why not? In the little deal I noticed several things! The brakes seemed nearly dead, but it is stupid cold. That was weird, but they are Powerstops.

While attempting to nose dive it, with hard braking, it won’t. Seemed to stiffen up against me. I could feel that was instantly different. It seemed more stiff, but more comfortable.

I have not driven it for a while, but while trying to aggressively turn (it’s cold), she seemed resistant to any leaning at all. Did not want to skid the rollers around too much, I am sure they were getting “chilly” quick.

Then a minor but most interesting thing. While pulling into the garage, the brain remembers the little bump from the drive concrete to the garage and the space you can “feel”. Nope, not the same, noticeable so much I backed up and did it again! About as numb a feel as my smell right now on the Wuhan Chinese Virus I am entertaining. If those shocks absorb road joints similar to that, then alone that is a big wow for starters. That and the resistance to front end dive while braking was easy to pick up on.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This was not much, but I needed to turn it around. Done with the rear stuff and need to work on the oil and front end stuff now. Darn that rear suspension is beautiful. So out of the drive, up to the Cul-d-sac, back. Why not? In the little deal I noticed several things! The brakes seemed nearly dead, but it is stupid cold. That was weird, but they are Powerstops.

While attempting to nose dive it, with hard braking, it won’t. Seemed to stiffen up against me. I could feel that was instantly different. It seemed more stiff, but more comfortable.

I have not driven it for a while, but while trying to aggressively turn (it’s cold), she seemed resistant to any leaning at all. Did not want to skid the rollers around too much, I am sure they were getting “chilly” quick.

Then a minor but most interesting thing. While pulling into the garage, the brain remembers the little bump from the drive concrete to the garage and the space you can “feel”. Nope, not the same, noticeable so much I backed up and did it again! About as numb a feel as my smell right now on the Wuhan Chinese Virus I am entertaining. If those shocks absorb road joints similar to that, then alone that is a big wow for starters. That and the resistance to front end dive while braking was easy to pick up on.
Waiting for further feedback before I pull the trigger.

Thx

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Waiting for further feedback before I pull the trigger.

Thx
That makes 2 of us!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
Got half the idea to send it off to one of you for a couple of weeks. Jim, your hard pressed to find a drag strip unless your taking your snowmobile right now too. AND the next 2-3 wk forecast is not pretty about anywhere.

May need to suck it up and head down to Oklahoma again early this year. They do the first stuff in March. It was not a bad deal down there, the people all had the right attitude. Problem is vacations in Mexico are also in the way! Problems abound.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I find it strange they are not answering any questions on their web site. I’m leaning away from this thing.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Got half the idea to send it off to one of you for a couple of weeks. Jim, your hard pressed to find a drag strip unless your taking your snowmobile right now too. AND the next 2-3 wk forecast is not pretty about anywhere.

May need to suck it up and head down to Oklahoma again early this year. They do the first stuff in March. It was not a bad deal down there, the people all had the right attitude. Problem is vacations in Mexico are also in the way! Problems abound.[/QUOTE
I find it strange they are not answering any questions on their web site. I’m leaning away from this thing.
hummm they didn’t reply too me either!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
hummm they didn’t reply too me either!
Yeah sent two emails and no response.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
The diablo one set off warnings on my 16. And the car bounces a lot over bumps. Been too lazy to put back the stock one and send the diablo one in for repair.