Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Street Car Bragging Rights 2024!!

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
A class called heavyweight based around late model cars should have to run factory style trans
Heavy Weight is a class...make weight and run whatcha brung. It does not say "Street Car" Heavy Weight. Just like small tire does not say Street Car Small Tire.

These events have street car classes and open classes.

Streetcar takeover just started the no PG and TH400 rule, but for years we have been going faster and faster. It's not until this year, the crybabies whined enough to remove that big power cars.

But Nate at Street Car Braggin Rights, will not limit the Heavy Weight class. It was the funniest and most exciting event last year.

Streetcar Takeover Heavy Weight will be dominated by the Hellcats and Ford, Chevy and imparts will be screwed because of the stock OD transmission rule. Only Dodges makes a transmission to hold 1700 ish whp.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is going to be on FloRacing.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
Heavy Weight is a class...make weight and run whatcha brung. It does not say "Street Car" Heavy Weight. Just like small tire does not say Street Car Small Tire.

Streetcar takeover just started the no PG and TH400 rule, but for years we have been going faster and faster. It's not until this year, the crybabies whined enough to remove that big power cars.

But Nate at Street Car Braggin Rights, will not limit the Heavy Weight class. It was the funniest and most exciting event last year.

Streetcar Takeover Heavy Weight will be dominated by the Hellcats and Ford, Chevy and imparts will be screwed because of the stock OD transmission rule. Only Dodges makes a transmission to hold 1700 ish whp.
Correct the Heavyweight at the SCBR race is not a street class. But the name of the event stating "street car" they should be making sure it was actually a street car. Not one street car would stand a chance in it. I'll leave your cry baby remark alone for the time being. We have our classes and you guys have yours. I personally like the idea of racing the car built to what it can handle without having to take it out of factory form and making it a dedicated race car. so those are the classes I run in. Huge difference between your car and mine. I race every weekend! not just one or two events a year.

Last edited:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Correct the Heavyweight at the SCBR race is not a street class. But the name of the event stating "street car" they should be making sure it was actually a street car. I'll leave your cry baby remark alone for the time being. Not one street car would stand a chance in it. We have our classes and you guys have yours. I personally like the idea of racing the car built to what it can handle without having to take it out of factory form and making it a dedicated race car. so those are the classes I run in. Huge difference between your car and mine. I race every weekend! not just one or two events a year.
Maybe a state trooper tell you want a street car is.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Heavy weight is normally around 4200 lbs. The only cars that fit that are late model cars. How many fox bodies mustangs weigh even close to that? Seems to me it is aimed more around the heavier cars they have been making now.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #47
Heavy weight is normally around 4200 lbs. The only cars that fit that are late model cars. How many fox bodies mustangs weigh even close to that? Seems to me it is aimed more around the heavier cars they have been making now.

The only one that comes to mind that's not a latemodel is that one badass 70-72 monte carlo. which he probably had to add weight to make the class. as they were only 3800lbs stock. but yes the Heavyweight class has always been aimed at late model vehicles.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The only one that comes to mind that's not a latemodel is that one badass 70-72 monte carlo. which he probably had to add weight to make the class. as they were only 3800lbs stock. but yes the Heavyweight class has always been aimed at late model vehicles.
The green 1 with the Steve Morris?

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
The green 1 with the Steve Morris?
yeah I don't know anything about the car or owner. just saw he ran the heavyweight class last season and it was fast as hell.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #50
hahaha glad you said that's who it was!! 4500 hp 572 hahahhaha stop it!! definitely not meant to be in any classes we are in. not even in the same league. talk about puppy kicking! get the hell outa here!!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
yeah I don't know anything about the car or owner. just saw he ran the heavyweight class last season and it was fast as hell.
He was at Sick Week and Drag Week. It's a monster.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Correct the Heavyweight at the SCBR race is not a street class. But the name of the event stating "street car" they should be making sure it was actually a street car. Not one street car would stand a chance in it. I'll leave your cry baby remark alone for the time being. We have our classes and you guys have yours. I personally like the idea of racing the car built to what it can handle without having to take it out of factory form and making it a dedicated race car. so those are the classes I run in. Huge difference between your car and mine. I race every weekend! not just one or two events a year.
Comment about "take out of factory form".... if we remove the factory blower, then it's a race car. If we add nitrous, then it's a race car. If we modify the HP90 then it's a race car. If we change the suspension to ADD, then it's a race car. If we unlock the factory ECU then it's a race car. Don't get me going on the fuel systems and fuel out of a can...race car.....if we add a cage then race car.
Almost forgot...going to a 426 or 411 and not stock displacement displacement....race car. Taking out the factory seats...race car. Thus all of these changes are not factory form.

See where this is going?

Then it's about modifying a street car to keep it legal on the streets. But that is a bunch of bull because Sick Week has already pushed those boundaries. States like Florida, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc...it's got 4 wheels and a motor. = STREET CAR licensed, registered and insured car running 5 second 1/4 mile in a full double frame rail Street Car.

Racing is about meeting the requirements for that class.

Btw, street car takeover has been running PG and TH400 for years now in the Heavy Weight class. It wasn't until 4200+ cars (no limit to late model) started pushing the limits on Heavy Weight class. And then people started crying....I can't compete because I don't want to modify my race car (see above) because none of these cars are factory form anymore.

Also, SCT and Braggin Rights have classes like Run Whatcha Brung (no limits), small tire (really no limits). So we can throw away the Street Car (Takeover & Braggin Rights) out of the window. These are "racing" events. Meet the requirements, upgrade your car and driving skills....let's race. Enough of the crying if car & drivers can not compete.

Last edited:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Comment about "take out of factory form".... if we remove the factory blower, then it's a race car. If we add nitrous, then it's a race car. If we modify the HP90 then it's a race car. If we change the suspension to ADD, then it's a race car. If we unlock the factory ECU then it's a race car. Don't get me going on the fuel systems and fuel out of a can...race car.....if we add a cage then race car.
Almost forgot...going to a 426 or 411 and not stock displacement displacement....race car. Taking out the factory seats...race race. Thus all of these changes are not factory form.

See where this is going?

Then it's about modifying a street car to keep it legal on the streets. But that is a bunch of bull because Sick Week has already pushed those boundaries. States like Florida, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc...it's got 4 wheels and a motor. = STREET CAR licensed, registered and insured car running 5 second 1/4 mile in a full double frame rail Street Car.

Btw, street car takeover has been running PG and TH400 for years now in the Heavy Weight class. It wasn't until 4200+ cars (no limit to late model) started pushing the limits on Heavy Weight class. And then people started crying....I can't compete because I don't want to modify my race car (see above) because none of these cars are factory form anymore.

Also, SCT and Braggin Rights have classes like Run Whatcha Brung (no limits), small tire (really no limits). So we can throw away the Street Car (Takeover & Braggin Rights) out of the window. These are "racing" events. Meet the requirements, upgrade your car and driving skills....let's race. Enough of the crying if car & drivers can not compete.
Here is him being an ass again.
not everyone wants to spend there 401k to make a rave car. Not everyone is willing to fuck people to build a car. Take your sills to a road corse or a circle track dirt or asphalt were money can’t buy you a fast car.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #54
Almost forgot...going to a 426 or 411 and not stock displacement displacement....race car. Taking out the factory seats...race race. Thus all of these changes are not factory form.

See where this is going?

You come in here puppy kicking with your checkbook built car. Skills what skills? The fact that you can sign your name to the check written to build your car for you? You even trying to compare your car to mine or anyone else running in the SCBR DD class is hilarious. Telling me to build my DD class car to race you is absolutely moronic! The only thing left on your car that is original is the Vin tag! I have to go through inspection and emissions every 2 years! You and most of them other cars you referenced aren't doing that. Don't come in here talking all high and mighty with a purpose built race car, little tiny honda radiator, th400 car! skill again? holding a button putting your foot to the floor and letting a button go! You won one event all year! I won 4. you raced in what 2? I made over 70 passes last season!

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You come in here puppy kicking with your checkbook built car. Skills what skills? The fact that you can sign your name to the check written to build your car for you? You even trying to compare your car to mine or anyone else running in the SCBR DD class is hilarious. Telling me to build my DD class car to race you is absolutely moronic! The only thing left on your car that is original is the Vin tag! I have to go through inspection and emissions every 2 years! You and most of them other cars you referenced aren't doing that. Don't come in here talking all high and mighty with a purpose built race car, little tiny honda radiator, th400 car! skill again? holding a button putting your foot to the floor and letting a button go! You won one event all year! I won 4. you raced in what 2? I made over 70 passes last season!
Put down the drink...we are talking about the Heavy Weight class 4200+ cars. Like I said Heavy Weight in that post at least three times.

No one talking about Daily Driver overdrive class and your race car. LOL! Love how some people don't read and read into what they want to see.

But you have put over $60k in your car but want to talk down to people that modified their cars more and are faster?? It's racing and you cry babies need to get in another class and race in slower classes and not cry to the event coordinators....please kick off those faster cars out of Heavy Weight....because we don't want to go faster. ROFL :D

Once you get a 2 or 3 step car with a transbrake...come in here and tell us how easy it it to stage a footbrake car compared transbrake twin turbo car with a bump box.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Put down the drink...we are talking about the Heavy Weight class 4200+ cars. Like I said Heavy Weight in that post at least three times.

No one talking about Daily Driver overdrive class and your race car. LOL! Love how some people don't read and read into what they want to see.

But you have put over $60k in your car but want to talk down to people that modified their cars more and are faster?? It's racing and you cry babies need to get in another class and race in slower classes and not cry to the event coordinators....please kick off those faster cars out of Heavy Weight....because we don't want to go faster. ROFL :D

Once you get a 2 or 3 step car with a transbrake...come in here and tell us how easy it it to stage a footbrake car compared transbrake twin turbo car with a bump box.
No one kicked your ass out. Put in an over drive and come play.
Or put a small tire on and come play with us no prep. Bring that cash your checks bounce. I for one know

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Mariah Carey Christmas 27112023052946.jpg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
You guys went and did it now smh
IMG_3610.jpeg

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thats the reason I'm running index....it dont matter how fast your car is you still can break or cut a bad light. My first run last yr. was suppose against the fastest ATS cadillac's. I knew it ran down in the 8's and she broke out running me down..lol

Last edited:
OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
😂😂😂. You’re a special kind of stupid if you think I have 60k in my car. If I have 30k in it I’d be shocked. Unlike you I do all of my own work. Every nut and bolt has been me! No 200k checks stroked here.

My post is literally My car registered for the OD class! And I’m also registered for the DD class. With my street car! Full A/C, heat, heated steering wheel, full interior, all functioning as designed from the factory! Runs on pump E85!
You put yourself in that position taking your car to the next level. So see your way to that level and go play with your store bought race car! 🤡.
If you really want to be a dick about it! I would be a little upset that my backyard built street car is within a half second of your store bought race car.