Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock exhaust on Hellcat vs. RE - Worth modifying?

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooklyn
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Thread Starter #21
Good point. Id be trying to forget I ordered it or Id be watching the damn clock every day painfully waiting.
FWIW my 15 HC was a good bit louder than my 18 and 19 SP. Had to put mini bullits in for the mid mufflers on the SP and keep the valves open to get it where I wanted it. HC seemed loud enough as it was. I always see people comment that the RE is a little louder. Good luck deciding
Yeah, I put JFP 300 glass packs in mine - the SP was just too subdued, especially at idle. It seems that the REs are louder in the videos I’ve seen (and I never like to assume that what I’m listening to is a stock exhaust when I see a car in person), so I just wanted to confirm. It appears I’m correct, based on what you have said.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Great Thought! Thanks for the information. It sounds great and really like the new Ride but would like just a little deeper sound but not a great deal....Agree with EricG for sure not much if any Difference from a 2018 Scat Pack to 2021 Hellcat at all both sound really good when you stomp it but a little deeper at non WOT would be nice.

Thanks for letting us WB HC owners and Scat Pack owners know our Rides are just much inferior to yours do you feel much better now that you got that out of the way?
“Any feedback would be appreciated”

You sounded much more friendly then. Don’t plan on me ever giving you “feedback” again.

What do you think, an extra 300 hp is secretly and silently produced over a SP? Sorry. Facts are facts. This is a Hellcat Forum, son. Enjoy your exhaust.

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooklyn
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Thread Starter #23
“Any feedback would be appreciated”

You sounded much more friendly then. Don’t plan on me ever giving you “feedback” again.

What do you think, an extra 300 hp is secretly and silently produced over a SP? Sorry. Facts are facts. This is a Hellcat Forum, son. Enjoy your exhaust.
You’re quoting me there - the OP - not the guy I think you actually wanted to reply to. Just an fyi lol

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I have had Scats idling in my garage prior to owning the RE and the Scats never made the wall hangings on the shared garage wall vibrate like the RE does.

When I want to enjoy an exhaust symphony, I drive into downtown Dayton among the tall buildings in Track Mode and trans in manual mode. People on the sidewalks start snapping heads for the source and deciding if they should take cover. I liken the sound to Godzilla roaring out of Tokyo harbor headed for town to do destruction. :LOL:

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
I have had Scats idling in my garage prior to owning the RE and the Scats never made the wall hangings on the shared garage wall vibrate like the RE does.

When I want to enjoy an exhaust symphony, I drive into downtown Dayton among the tall buildings in Track Mode and trans in manual mode. People on the sidewalks start snapping heads for the source and deciding if they should take cover. I liken the sound to Godzilla roaring out of Tokyo harbor headed for town to do destruction. :LOL:
Next time I take the RE home to Beavercreek, we'll have to rumble through downtown and then head out for a beer!

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Next time I take the RE home to Beavercreek, we'll have to rumble through downtown and then head out for a beer!
Wow, this is too wild! I am actually temporarily working at Quantico and just left the Walgreens in Dumfries, staying in Triangle in an airbnb. Won't be back in Fairborn till March or so. Looked at your profile and I had to laugh out loud when I saw your location.

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Wow, this is too wild! I am actually temporarily working at Quantico and just left the Walgreens in Dumfries, staying in Triangle in an airbnb. Won't be back in Fairborn till March or so. Looked at your profile and I had to laugh out loud when I saw your location.
That is f'n wild! I'll send a message privately, in an effort to not derail OP's thread any more than already done.