Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis Has Equipped Cars With Emergency Alert System

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yet another reason to keep the vehicles I already have, the affirmations for that decision just keep coming ;)

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Yet another reason to keep the vehicles I already have, the affirmations for that decision just keep coming ;)
It's always more than what they tell us.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Wow Stellantis that is super handy! The twats that buy your cars from now on will not be smart enough to look out the window for flashing lights, so its a great idea to have them looking inside at the stupid screen to tell them what every driver could easily do on their own up until now. Just more pointless distracting bullshit that makes people even more stupid and reliant on technology. First Dodge decided that we could not drive a simple car in reverse without an idiot vision camera, and now this. Some of us can still drive with our mirrors and by looking out the damn windscreen!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If it would alert me of nearby law enforcement, it wouldn't be all bad.

The rest I can do without, including the irritating (federally mandated) stupid backup camera. And I should look into disabling that wonderful feature that prevents backing up with the door open.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock

The rest I can do without, including the irritating (federally mandated) stupid backup camera. And I should look into disabling that wonderful feature that prevents backing up with the door open.
Honestly I like the backup cameras, I added a factory one to my truck (13 Ram) I can do without pretty much everything else. I've put in a suggestion every year to do away with the reverse lock out! It's a PIA when your doing anything and just want to back up to drop more mulch or anything else!

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Could come in handy when the Zombie Acapolypse happens.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Could come in handy when the Zombie Acapolypse happens.
Still waiting:(

by the way what's an Acapolypse?

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
It was a reaction to a deaf driver hitting an emergency vehicle. Curious to see if there is a "ding" when the message appears.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
it’s mass surveillance and data mining under the guise of security. But what do I know

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Disable the cell.

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Still waiting:(

by the way what's an Acapolypse?
It's a Zombie Apocalypse that happens in Acapulco!

Good catch!

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
Honestly I like the backup cameras, I added a factory one to my truck (13 Ram) I can do without pretty much everything else. I've put in a suggestion every year to do away with the reverse lock out! It's a PIA when your doing anything and just want to back up to drop more mulch or anything else!
I agree. I cant imagine anyone complaining about backup cameras. I hook and unhook my trailer multiple times in a day sometimes. I back up under the ball the first time every time. No going back and forth to see if im there or going to far and hitting the bumper.

Also when I back my car into the garage I can see how close I am to the wall. I want to maximize space in front of the car so I pull back as far as I can.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I agree. I cant imagine anyone complaining about backup cameras. I hook and unhook my trailer multiple times in a day sometimes. I back up under the ball the first time every time. No going back and forth to see if im there or going to far and hitting the bumper..
I can. They're an irritant, I think.

Besides, none of the vehicles I tow with have one, and even if they did, a backup camera wouldn't do any good with gooseneck trailers anyway.

But I have slowly learned to ignore that something happened on the dash when putting a car in Reverse. These days I keep looking in the mirrors as usual, instead of thinking "What was that?" when in the corner of my eye I notice that the screen changed.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I use the backup camera AND the mirrors. Good stuff together. Just have to be smart enough to use both together Jimmy.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Next you'll tell me to put tailgates on my primary tow vehicles, so there's somewhere to put the cameras.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

You can’t back up with the door open??

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You can’t back up with the door open??
As I recall, with my '18 Challenger I can, but my girlfriend's '19 Challenger and '19 Ram 3500 won't allow it.
Same with the '21 TRXs.

Since my '17 Ram 3500 is okay, and probably also the '18 Challenger, it seems like it's a '19-up thing. Not that it matters much...until backing off a trailer, or hooking up to a trailer. Then I like to be able to see out the open door.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
As I recall, with my '18 Challenger I can, but my girlfriend's '19 Challenger and '19 Ram 3500 won't allow it.
Same with the '21 TRXs.

Since my '17 Ram 3500 is okay, and probably also the '18 Challenger, it seems like it's a '19-up thing. Not that it matters much...until backing off a trailer, or hooking up to a trailer. Then I like to be able to see out the open door.
When are all cars going to come with a roll of bubble wrap to put on before driving?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
When are all cars going to come with a roll of bubble wrap to put on before driving?
One nanny I'm surprised doesn't exist yet (as far as I know) is a warning light showing that the wipers are on.