Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Shorter tires

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I bought new Mickey Thompson ET street r's in 325/35-18's thinking they would be 27"s tall and they are only 26"s
tall on the wheels with 32 PSI.
My stock Pirelli's are 28 and my Nitto NTO5R's are 28.6.
Circumference of the MT's is 84", the Pirelli's are 89" and the Nittos are 90".
Wheels are 18 x 11 Forgestar D5 beadlocks.
SO, my concern is gearing is going to be too low with the MT 325/35r18's and the next size is 305/45R18 and per MT is 29"s tall and gearing would be higher.
I'm thinking about keeping the shorter tires and seeing what happens on the 1/8th mile track and if I could get more consistent ET's I would be happy with that.
The car is a dead nuts stock 2019 wide body Scat pack challenger with an A8 tranny and a 3.06? rear diff.
Could I be damaging the drive train running these shorter tires??

Any thoughts ?!?!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
YOU WILL BE FINE THE SHORTER TIRES WILL GIVE IT A LITTLE LOWER GEAR RATIO NOT MUCH BUT WONT HURT ANYTHING, your speedometer may be a tad off but everything will work as normal

OP
Decay

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Thread Starter #3
YOU WILL BE FINE THE SHORTER TIRES WILL GIVE IT A LITTLE LOWER GEAR RATIO NOT MUCH BUT WONT HURT ANYTHING, your speedometer may be a tad off but everything will work as normal
I appreciate the response.
I am thinking I may give these a try and if the gear ratio is too low I will just get the taller tires.
These are pretty wide and should have good hook.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I would be more concerned if it will hook, you should be faster if it does. 28" tall tire work very well. Some of these cars will have an issue with the ABS if the front and rear tires are more then an inch difference in height so you may have to pull the fuse