Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Road Course Videos

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #101
Here are a few laps from Road America on Saturday. Lap #14 turn #4 demonstrates TORQUE! That is why I’ll wait for a Z06 or better C8 and NOT get a base model. The Redeye generally ran well for two sessions. We are delivering back to the dealer with 3,500 miles on the new cat converters with the new engine. Apparently the same problem developed. I have an active P0430 code. That indicates a converter or both are not functioning correct. Last year we found one literally in pieces! The check engine light and code appeared mysteriously at nearly the same point on the earth after filling the car up after the next session as it did last year. Last time that happened and I took it out at this track, it destroyed itself! This time it got trailered and will be delivered to the smart guys within a few hours for diagnosis.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm guilty of this myself in that when you're watching videos like this, you keep saying "Go faster, sooner, brake later", BUT when you're the guy sitting in the car, your baby, and you're looking at the wall, or the ditch, or the whatever, you find yourself on the conservative side of saving the sheetmetal!

Good job!

; )

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #103
I'm guilty of this myself in that when you're watching videos like this, you keep saying "Go faster, sooner, brake later", BUT when you're the guy sitting in the car, your baby, and you're looking at the wall, or the ditch, or the whatever, you find yourself on the conservative side of saving the sheetmetal!

Good job!

; )
Oh, in this sequence which was early Saturday, I could have been breaking LOTS later, but was not on purpose. Your correct at the cheering.

Was going to run a couple of much hotter laps with deeper braking Sunday afternoon. But, again, we are looking at defective foreign made Cat Converters. I will know later today after they make a close exam. At least this time we trailered it before things went to hell. The brakes still look new.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Awesome video and felt like I was in the passenger seat😁.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Excellent! Thanks.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hey @DGatzby what was the White Mustang with the Blue stripes a GT500 or GT350? I would think a GT500.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #107
Awesome video and felt like I was in the passenger seat😁.
Thanks, CC. Ha, maybe I’ll mount the GoPro lower and more in front of the seat next time, and improve the experience.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #108
Hey @DGatzby what was the White Mustang with the Blue stripes a GT500 or GT350? I would think a GT500.
I was having so many other conversations and concerns, I never made it over to the “Ford” folks. From the sound out the back, he may be running a form of a free flowing exhaust system.:unsure:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Here are a few laps from Road America on Saturday. Lap #14 turn #4 demonstrates TORQUE! That is why I’ll wait for a Z06 or better C8 and NOT get a base model. The Redeye generally ran well for two sessions. We are delivering back to the dealer with 3,500 miles on the new cat converters with the new engine. Apparently the same problem developed. I have an active P0430 code. That indicates a converter or both are not functioning correct. Last year we found one literally in pieces! The check engine light and code appeared mysteriously at nearly the same point on the earth after filling the car up after the next session as it did last year. Last time that happened and I took it out at this track, it destroyed itself! This time it got trailered and will be delivered to the smart guys within a few hours for diagnosis.

Man...hope it's jut a bad cat they can change out and you're back racing. I know you have been waiting to get back out there!

Watching that video, I got an adrenaline rush just watching it! Holy shit can't go back to work now...

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #110
Man...hope it's jut a bad cat they can change out and you're back racing. I know you have been waiting to get back out there!

Watching that video, I got an adrenaline rush just watching it! Holy shit can't go back to work now...
Yep, Dodge rocks. They are a great sponsor! I should have my car back by the weekend.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Really fun riding along with you in that video! The displays are great.

Who was in the black Challenger in front of you, and what was the model?

That looks like a great course.

Keep us posted on the error code and the fix.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Oh, in this sequence which was early Saturday, I could have been breaking LOTS later, but was not on purpose. Your correct at the cheering.

Was going to run a couple of much hotter laps with deeper braking Sunday afternoon. But, again, we are looking at defective foreign made Cat Converters. I will know later today after they make a close exam. At least this time we trailered it before things went to hell. The brakes still look new.
Was that Matt Homerin in the black Challenger? I know he used to travel with Luan and Mike to the MVP events, but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #113
Really fun riding along with you in that video! The displays are great.

Who was in the black Challenger in front of you, and what was the model?

That looks like a great course.

Keep us posted on the error code and the fix.
Thanks!
Black was a Redeye. On Sunday he was torching everyone as I watched a few laps.

I blew one of the Cats apart. Should have the car back tomorrow with a new cat.

One of the best courses in the land. After they re-pave it this fall, then, real nice.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #114
Was that Matt Homerin in the black Challenger? I know he used to travel with Luan and Mike to the MVP events, but I haven't heard from him in awhile.
I quickly met the gentlemen and saw the car. I don’t think he knew them because he was to himself near the grid area. Mike really wants to get to BIR, I need to check in with him and follow up. Hope we can score a good day. I won’t pay until I see the weather forecast. I need to let this thing get a complete day in. Then :unsure:

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Finally tested out the new 11in front and 12in rear wheels and BMR cradle lockouts. I went more than 2 seconds faster than I've been before at Brainerd. The tires from last season (Toyo RR 315/30) only lasted 1 session each for me and my son. We corded the left front after that and had to swap out to my old wheels with some SuperCar 3 200TW 305/30 tires.
I also tried out a Garmin Catalyst that I bought this year. I love it. It's so much easier to work with than an AIM. All I'm missing are the OBD channels the AIM could retrieve, like engine speed, throttle, etc. The optimum lap and opportunities shown by the Catalyst are huge enablers when you just have a few minutes to think about how to improve in the next session.
BTW, I lost about .7 seconds by missing my braking point and apex in Turn 3 and the Cayman took away my track out in Turn 9. I had a 1:48 in the car with tires on their last leg. Next year . . .

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
@DGatzby , how did you do on Monday?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #117
@DGatzby , how did you do on Monday?
The car did great, thanks! Tires are the chit, you demonstrate that very clearly, the lesson learned is don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, or don’t wear skinny street tires on a great day. Wow did I miss the big Cup 2’s. Did your Son’s comment about feeling the thread squirm echo in my head for every session!

It ran very consistent as I dared, in the mid-1:50’s. It demonstrated nothing that was on the track could get from #10 to #1 quicker, but heavy braking was cut short from anti-lock skidding, and corners were a bitch. The most exciting was the evaluation of the power, and the fact that it did not heat up, and does not need repairs or anything replaced mechanically after a day at BIR. It was doing some roll races I will clip together that are entertaining. Top speeds from 164-168 were common, ha until we did a bit more timing and added more go juice, then I saw 170 a few times, that is a beginning and sort of a thrill, but don’t come together to produce the best lap times without the rest of it.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I saw an indicated 167 with the 305/30 tires, but that was due to tire diameter change. ;)I never hit higher than 160 actual. I could . . . if I was more aggressive into Turn 1 but I'm happy around 130 mph there for now.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
I wish that I could ride with one of you, even just once.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I wish that I could ride with one of you, even just once.

I'm not on the same level as these guys, but if you ever made it out to my way, HPR let's you take passengers out...