Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ready to add Stage 2

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A local guy has a Jon tune, (he is extremely happy BTW), and it cost him about $3200 installed, so I didn't think $4k was so bad. My understanding is a Jon tune and 3.1 is about 900hp on 100 while the DC is 885hp. So, the price and hp are not much different, just 3.5y of warranty. As impressive as Jon's accomplishments are, it is still a difficult choice. Thanks for the input.
900hp Jon tune to 885 theirs is not apples to apples showing 15hp different. Probably closer to 100hp difference

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Axels, transfer case, suspension is not covered with that. Add headers, exhaust and or drag radials and ur warranty is viod. Its corny and stupid which is why no one buys it.

With the Ford Performance Whipple kit you can get a ASE tech to install it and be covered by warranty.
Why doesn't Dodge do this?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Axels, transfer case, suspension is not covered with that. Add headers, exhaust and or drag radials and ur warranty is viod. Its corny and stupid which is why no one buys it.
You can't run the stock suspension with that and expect results. Nothing is really covered by warranty anymore.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Its just a novelty to say u have it...... Worthless. Why they would limit ur suspension mods is beyond me. Ull hook up far better and the parts that break as a result are not covered so why they care about suspension I have no clue.

And whipple on E85 requires tons of supporting mods to even work so its gay and stupid.

You can't run the stock suspension with that and expect results. Nothing is really covered by warranty anymore.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If Ford installs the Ford Performance kit, the entire warranty is maintained. That’s why you can buy select models like that from Ford dealers. I’ll speak specifically to the F150, which I’m more familiar with, it’s all covered.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If Ford installs the Ford Performance kit, the entire warranty is maintained. That’s why you can buy select models like that from Ford dealers. I’ll speak specifically to the F150, which I’m more familiar with, it’s all covered.
I never read the fine print. Actually most of the large print...

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #27
DR's void the warranty? It's std equip on the SS. ???

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
No actually its not. Right from the Ford Racing Whipple Supercharger PDF.

FRONT AND REAR AXLE IS NOT COVERED
TRANSFER CASE IS NOT COVERED
SUSPENSION IS NOT COVERED

And AWD vehicles are also not covered under warranty.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #29
After reviewing the other… It looks like one guy melted a pulley racing, and said he melted another on the way to a race. Other dedicated racers were dead set against Dodge/DC products and found aftermarket was necessary to meet the demands of track racing.

The only other problem I see with DC was the ability to select 100oct mode, the claim being DC was using Demon software and the Demon has, from what I could tell, a hard switch but the kits do not. I will ask if this has been corrected, I would like to believe it has. If anyone has new info I sure would like to hear it.

I know everyone is impressed with Jon’s tunes, he seems to have delivered great products for a long time while Dodge was sitting on its fat arse, and I admire him for taking up the slack and earning such a great following, which makes this decision ever more difficult.

Thanks for the help and please keep the comments coming.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you have a problem with the car at the track it is NOT covered. It's stated like 5 times in the DC catalog. To me it's like what's the point. 800hp is plenty for the street, so why offer DC kits that don't maintain the warranty at the track. It's a money grab.

Also, the tuner you get is a rebranded Diablo T2000 or whatever they're calling it now. Not real keen on having something like that hanging on the windshield all the time.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
With the Ford Performance Whipple kit you can get a ASE tech to install it and be covered by warranty.
Why doesn't Dodge do this?
Because Ford always wanted their Muscle cars raced. Having race parts on the shelf. They have as far back as I can remember.
I last took my Ram to the Ford dealer. Because the Dodge dealer has a guy that looks like he is still in the 70's.:rolleyes: And he sucked working on my truck.
They use to have a really good SRT Tech.He actually left to work for Hennessy. I wasn't thinking and I had a recall done, my car was in Race mode and I wonder if my Tune went with him too.:unsure:

I sold my Ram, and I take my ford truck to a place now. The dealerships seem to find more wrong than I believe is the Truth, well I do actually know some things. I like to keep everything up , like John did.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I think the stage kits are way overpriced for the HP and ET you end up with.......And as far as warranty? Throw it out the window if you break at the track or use drag tires. I went with Jon and he set me up with an E85 tune w/1200 injectors and I run 9.6s on a good air day and 9.8s in the humid Florida heat........Still on stock boost and the car has no other mods besides a drag tire. And Jon's tune will you cost you a fraction of what the stage kits cost.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mine don't charge wave da much. Avan doe my mauck can ick is da owner of a Viper, trained and learned on Deezmunds, Vipsners, and HC and allday let him wurk onz. Even oil changes itster beez. Suncoast Dealersnip Seminole, Fl. 1 ofves da kind. Du snot me asken, butt ware is Jon at. I bee in Fl and da heat has bean now fer 17 dayz at 97. Wit heat inner dax at 107. 2 much and need a cullant system I can talk tu him about, pulley, and tuner?? Fla is awful dis time. Thanx.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Mine don't charge wave da much. Avan doe my mauck can ick is da owner of a Viper, trained and learned on Deezmunds, Vipsners, and HC and allday let him wurk onz. Even oil changes itster beez. Suncoast Dealersnip Seminole, Fl. 1 ofves da kind. Du snot me asken, butt ware is Jon at. I bee in Fl and da heat has bean now fer 17 dayz at 97. Wit heat inner dax at 107. 2 much and need a cullant system I can talk tu him about, pulley, and tuner?? Fla is awful dis time. Thanx.
I know man, heat has been horrible. I’m working on installing an ice tank right now

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
No actually its not. Right from the Ford Racing Whipple Supercharger PDF.

FRONT AND REAR AXLE IS NOT COVERED
TRANSFER CASE IS NOT COVERED
SUSPENSION IS NOT COVERED

And AWD vehicles are also not covered under warranty.
This one?
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/IS_M-6066-F150SCA_62822.PDF

I’m not seeing anything called out here specific to areas of the drivetrain that are exempt from the bumper-to-bumper or powertrain warranty.

Nothing here either.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-F150SCA

I could be blind and or dumb… but at least I thought I had a warranty.

Most of the warranty is surrounding the parts, not the vehicle as a whole, as far as I can tell. I was under the impression that all warranties remained intact when Ford or Tuscany (Shelby) did the install.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #36
I think the stage kits are way overpriced for the HP and ET you end up with.......And as far as warranty? Throw it out the window if you break at the track or use drag tires. I went with Jon and he set me up with an E85 tune w/1200 injectors and I run 9.6s on a good air day and 9.8s in the humid Florida heat........Still on stock boost and the car has no other mods besides a drag tire. And Jon's tune will you cost you a fraction of what the stage kits cost.
That sounds like a great way to go, but no E85 up here. :(

Comparing a friend's Jon tune to DC, Jon's was about 20% less. about 10% less if I buy the parts on line and hand them to the dealer.

Edit: My friend paid a local shop to install the pulley, I include the labor in what I am using as the total Jon price for comparison.

Last edited:

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
That sounds like a great way to go, but no E85 up here. :(

Comparing a friend's Jon tune to DC, Jon's was about 20% less. about 10% less if I buy the parts on line and hand them to the dealer.

Edit: My friend paid a local shop to install the pulley, I include the labor in what I am using as the total Jon price for comparison.
That’s a shame about the E85 in your area…. it’s a great efficient way to add horsepower.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve been on e85 for a few years now, never found it inconvenient. Have had to drive out of the way a few times, but always keep it full and you’re fine

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, like 3 or so

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #40
I’ve been on e85 for a few years now, never found it inconvenient. Have had to drive out of the way a few times, but always keep it full and you’re fine
I'd burn a half tank getting to the nearest E85. It's much easier, and probably cheaper overall to buy 100 octane! As much as I hate the green scam, the one thing that could actually help me is absent! :mad: