Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Radford 2 day performance driving

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow, mine is that warm with aggressive street driving. But thanks for the info. Something is not right.

500hp mode???

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Wow, mine is that warm with aggressive street driving. But thanks for the info. Something is not right.
Didn’t get a chance to ask a tech about your situation but the head instructor Dan told me it might be an intercooler issue. That jives with what DaveKFla suggested.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
they said 797.
We were told the redeyes were all 800 hp mode. They rounded up to the next 100. LOL. Other than DGatsby I don’t know how much track experience anyone has but Speedy I think you are in for an eye opening experience when you see the capabilities of these cars. They even run the pzero all seasons. Even the instructors praise the reliability and capability of them.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
they said 797.

We were told the redeyes were all 800 hp mode. They rounded up to the next 100. LOL. Other than DGatsby I don’t know how much track experience anyone has but Speedy I think you are in for an eye opening experience when you see the capabilities of these cars. They even run the pzero all seasons. Even the instructors praise the reliability and capability of them.
Great reports guys, thanks! Me and a couple of others have a blast with these. Now that you have seen what they do, imagine why we like the “big” tracks that have long and high speed straights to really allow our cars to shine. (BIR Donnybrook long configuration and Road America with the Kink in play). That is where we actually have an advantage. Any time we can use acceleration.

I know a few that like to drive them. One other in Florida is having problems like mine with a Redeye. Another runs as hard too, but his is a ‘16 Hellcat. Like my ‘15 HC, it runs all day no problem also.

I am using your reports and dumping my car square at my dealer next week. They can go over this thing again and tell me why after two different engines and three superchargers and YES we replaced the entire oil cooling system, it still runs hot. They can run through that intercooler circuit also. Something is physically off and we just cannot see it yet.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Great reports guys, thanks! Me and a couple of others have a blast with these. Now that you have seen what they do, imagine why we like the “big” tracks that have long and high speed straights to really allow our cars to shine. (BIR Donnybrook long configuration and Road America with the Kink in play). That is where we actually have an advantage. Any time we can use acceleration.

I know a few that like to drive them. One other in Florida is having problems like mine with a Redeye. Another runs as hard too, but his is a ‘16 Hellcat. Like my ‘15 HC, it runs all day no problem also.

I am using your reports and dumping my car square at my dealer next week. They can go over this thing again and tell me why after two different engines and three superchargers and YES we replaced the entire oil cooling system, it still runs hot. They can run through that intercooler circuit also. Something is physically off and we just cannot see it yet.
Hoping they solve your problem pronto. I see now I should have done some track racing instead of just drag racing. What an absolute blast.

WileECoyote

Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prattville
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
@Speedy!
Did they take you on the orientation van ride when you were there for the CDM? If not, it is definitely something to look forward to during your course.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
We just got right into it. I’m so impressed with the facility and the instructors that I’m booking a three day in Nov or Dec. Expensive? Yep. Worth it? Bet your ass! I can’t express enough how capable and awesome the Hellcats are. The instructors love them. Bone stock except for brakes and rotors. Right down to the Pirelli all seasons. BJ terrorized me during hot laps. LOL

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Hoping they solve your problem pronto. I see now I should have done some track racing instead of just drag racing. What an absolute blast.
I always say, if you drag race you get ten seconds of adrenaline enjoyment versus 15-20 minutes or more on a road course. Plus on some of these courses, you can experience the real potential of these beasts. Glad you liked it. I get it figured out and will run mine again. Thanks for the info.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You are more than welcome. The hot laps with the pro drivers was the icing on the cake. That was the general consensus of all the folks there. I can assure you “I’ll be back.”

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Let me reemphasize when I went to Bondurant and ran the manual 717 HP cars, I overheated my first car without even trying to time attack it full send. Coolant went over 240F and went into derate. Air temp was about 110F outside. Their courses are way slower than a course like BIR that DGatzby and I run. Keeping engine speed up and air flow down (due to slow vehicle speed) is a recipe for overheating. This should not be an issue for DGatzby.
The 2nd car I got I spent way less time in 2nd gear and just carried 3rd around the course. That kept things in check but was a little more boring. I kept thinking I'd so much rather have my personal car for the course since it's way more capable, but it was also nice having them change out to another car for me and then also change out the rotors, tires and pads on the 2nd car. My own pit crew. :)

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
@Speedy! I didn't see where there was an October 2nd class...?

https://www.dodgegarage.com/srt

If that's the case it must be one of their non-SRT classes. :unsure:

I registered my VIN last night and waiting to hear back from them to schedule. I was leaning more towards the December class but have a potential scheduling conflict so I'm hoping I can get into the November class. For those that don't know it's hot AF here in AZ well into what most people who live in normal/non-desert climates call "fall". A 100 degree Halloween here isn't unusual, which keeps the trick or treating REAL short, and can make for some interesting costumes amongst the adults...:devilish: I'd prefer the cooler weather myself and it's not because I have mad skills that are gonna overheat the cars, I'm just gonna sweat my bag off enough without having the weather add to it...!

...and since I'm local/driving distance I will NOT be driving my Hellcat to the class. Years ago when I did the SRT Experience at Watkins Glen raceway in upstate NY I drove my Mercedes S55 AMG to the class. APPARENTLY I forgot the class was over and got pulled over doing around 130 by a NY State Trooper who I "coasted" by around 90 after seeing him and NOT slamming on the brakes. I pulled over immediately and when I say we have a brief chat I mean I was on the side of the road for 15-20 seconds and his parting words were, as he was laughing, "I'll radio ahead for you since you're obviously in a hurry...". I'm sure the handful of people that I had passed prior to being pulled over were ecstatic and figured I was on my way to jail, only for me to be passing them again minutes later... @swatdocsc will understand the "professional courtesy" context of my encounter, as I'm sure some others here will. :cool: I got REAL lucky and I'd like to say I never did something that stupid again...but I'd be incorrect...:rolleyes: I'm gonna try harder this time around with the Hellcat, I'm solid with our local and county around here and most of the AZ DPS folks are pretty awesome, but I don't wanna push my luck; I'll try to keep it on the track as they say...

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #72
The one I'm doing isn't SRT, it's the Radford 2 day performance driving class.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
The one I'm doing isn't SRT, it's the Radford 2 day performance driving class.
Wonder if they still have this fleet of Hellcats. Instructors mentioned they were waiting to hear from Dodge about new ones?

20211009_071837.jpg
Have fun Speedy.