Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Race Hauler Rentals

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm looking to step up my game a bit for 2024 but don't have a space, or the money, to buy and store a truck and trailer or hauler. I was thinking renting might be an option? Anyone have experience and is it location specific?

Ideally I'd love to rent a Toter (toy hauler) and camp at the track. Options?

1713484681080.png

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm looking to step up my game a bit for 2024 but don't have a space, or the money, to buy and store a truck and trailer or hauler. I was thinking renting might be an option? Anyone have experience and is it location specific?

Ideally I'd love to rent a Toter (toy hauler) and camp at the track. Options?

View attachment 136424
From the looks of that specialized rig...I'm gonna guess even renting is going to be a rather costly endeavor..

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Yea Speedy im betting its outrageously expensive....... Buddy sold his last year for $140k. Thing was like a dam house so renting ones gotta be a shit ton of money!

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #4
Well we just rented a $700k condo on the 34th floor on the beech for $200 a night. Gotta be something.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Its kinda a nitch item but maybe fb can help or post over at Yellow Bullet im sure someone there has one or knows of one to rent.

Well we just rented a $700k condo on the 34th floor on the beech for $200 a night. Gotta be something.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Given the Digs...and beach front...I'd say ya gotta deal...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Unless you rent from a private individual, anything you rent, you can't tow with, (insurance). I can't imagine renting anything that is also a toy hauler, but maybe.

What I did for the Colorado Mile was rent a Class-A motor home (35') and pulled the enclosed car trailer behind the pickup.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
For someone who wants to go to events (more than one day) a comfortable pit makes what can be a miserable time into a great time. I think the most cost effective way to do that is to own a basic open trailer and rent a class A motor home to pull it and stay in at the track. I say own the trailer because the common U-Haul car trailer is usually such a pile of junk I wouldn’t risk putting my car on one. A basic 18’ car hauler is only $5k new and you will get at least 75% of that back when you sell it down the road. Find a decent used one is even better. There are RV storage facilities everywhere to keep it, so not all that costly really. A basic Class A will always have a receiver for towing a car behind, so unless you’re going cross country with long uphill grades, you shouldn’t even have to go the diesel pusher route. Being able to stay at the track with family and friends with the comfort of shelter from the heat or cold and not having to go back and forth to an overpriced motel room miles away is the only way to go. The golf cart is another story. 😂

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've seen people who rent out their campers and will deliver them to the race track for you to stay in. that may be something I try this season rather than finding a local hotel.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #10
For someone who wants to go to events (more than one day) a comfortable pit makes what can be a miserable time into a great time. I think the most cost effective way to do that is to own a basic open trailer and rent a class A motor home to pull it and stay in at the track. I say own the trailer because the common U-Haul car trailer is usually such a pile of junk I wouldn’t risk putting my car on one. A basic 18’ car hauler is only $5k new and you will get at least 75% of that back when you sell it down the road. Find a decent used one is even better. There are RV storage facilities everywhere to keep it, so not all that costly really. A basic Class A will always have a receiver for towing a car behind, so unless you’re going cross country with long uphill grades, you shouldn’t even have to go the diesel pusher route. Being able to stay at the track with family and friends with the comfort of shelter from the heat or cold and not having to go back and forth to an overpriced motel room miles away is the only way to go. The golf cart is another story. 😂
That's what I'm talking about. Crew Chief Greg has a open trailer so we have that covered unless we wanna take both cars. I'll do some checking around. I'm not sure how much storage would be for a trailer, but probably more than I'd wanna pay to use it 2-3 times a year.

EDITED:
Alright Marc, thanks for the idea. Some quick checking and I found a place that does "RV Share" where owners rent out their RVs. Class C 2021 model is $200/night so right up my alley. The trailer thing Greg and I will work out.

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I owned a 42’ toy hauler with a 14’ garage. It could hold a Jeep or a sXs no problem, but you’ll never get a challenger in one, and you’d be close to it exceeding the weight. I think mine was 4500lbs payload in a trailer that was already 20k.
I don’t think renting a toterhome is viable, not sure how that would work. In order to drive something like that it has to be recreational (not for hire) and depending on which state and how big (length/weight) you may need another endorsement on your license. In NYS you don’t need a CDL but you need the R (recreation) endorsement on your NYS driver’s license.
I’m with Marc, grab an open deck car hauler with a winch and rent an RV when you’re traveling to a track for a weekend.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've noticed that the trailer and motor home thing spirals for every racer.
I started with driving to the track, then an open with a 1500 Ram.

That changed when I wanted to start traveling to different events with an enclosed and a diesel 2500.

I was casually looking at toters, which normally escalates, in actively looking for one right before I decided to stop.

I see all of this in a friend of mine who's going down the same path.

It's a crazy thing.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I've noticed that the trailer and motor home thing spirals for every racer.
I started with driving to the track, then an open with a 1500 Ram.

That changed when I wanted to start traveling to different events with an enclosed and a diesel 2500.

I was casually looking at toters, which normally escalates, in actively looking for one right before I decided to stop.

I see all of this in a friend of mine who's going down the same path.

It's a crazy thing.
Yep. I went from this to this. Lol IMG_6910.jpeg IMG_3389.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My starter.
Screenshot_20240330_195721_Gallery.jpg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You eventually end up with something like this.
Screenshot_20240419_114432_Facebook.jpg

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #16
On a related note these straps worked great. I think @DGatzby recommended them. Quick and easy.

20240406_171505.jpg

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@Marc W does your setup have living quarters in it? id be ok with a 32-34 foot pull behind with a small bunk, shower etc...

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@Marc W does your setup have living quarters in it? id be ok with a 32-34 foot pull behind with a small bunk, shower etc...
Yes. 34 ft. Full bath with 50 gal fresh water plus black and grey holding tanks. Built-in Fridge and Microwave. Dual 1500 ac/heat with 9500kw Gen. Full size bed. Hauls my car and golf cart. IMG_3766.jpeg IMG_3767.jpeg IMG_3774.jpeg IMG_3775.jpeg IMG_3776.jpeg IMG_3293.jpeg IMG_3381.jpeg IMG_4260.jpeg

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country