Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Pulled the SC GTO out of "storage" today

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
There were 100 or 400 or something of those mallets made - so it should look pretty factory. That is if my brain is still working right.
In a Solstice?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #22

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
yep. We actually LS swapped my wifes Solstice. It's an interesting ride
I understand but I assume there were no special edition factory Solstice’s with an LS2? Did you just order a new Charger? Are the photos I posted of your car?

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
@Magnified I remember you from the GTO board. Didnt you use the same Avatar?

I had an 04 M6. Did the SAP hood, grills and spoiler, Bought Holden CV8Z rims from Australia on the innnerwebs drunk on a black friday special LOL. Did a street tune, CAI, mildly ported TB, and Magnaflow exhaust along with all the bushings underneath. Daily drove it for 2-3 years then finally sold it to CARMAX for nothing with 86,000 on it in 2015 after I bought the HC. Kid who eventually bought it found me on instagram and he now has 135+k on it He added the SAP front and rear bumper, and did a few other things Car still looks really good. Best running car Ive owned prior to the Challengers. Really enjoyed it.

Attachments

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Since we're on the subject, here's my SC '04. Magnuson sent me the wrong tune, so I ended up getting a custom tune from their chief calibration engineer. Bought new in '04, sold in '17. Great car.
FullSizeRender.jpg
photo 1.JPG
Saying good-bye. :cry:
IMG_1582.JPG

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Why do they look SO GOOD just before you sell them?:unsure:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Why do they look SO GOOD just before you sell them?:unsure:
They put really durable paint on those cars. Mine was driven daily in Michigan for 9 years and run through car washes. People would ask if the paint was original. The Hellcat made the good-bye a lot easier.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Being an LS1 guy with a C5, I've always liked the LS era GTO. Stout cars for sure. 👍

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #29
Factory LS Solstice no. Mallet was an aftermarket company that took them in and then converted them. Like a Shelby engineering.
Yes. And the most ridiculous option was the turbocharged LS7 putting 750 hp to the wheels (in a car waying a little over 3000 pounds).

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Went and put gas in at the deserted HEB (the security guards were hanging out in the empty lot with their girlfriends). Then aired upped the tires in driveway. Loaded up one son in the back and took it out and ran it some to make sure the inadvertant drop to zero on the battery had not wiped out the tune (as it had twice before). Car runs great. While only 450/450 at the wheels, in its day that was a fairly stout ride. Rarely ran anyone that could just walk away. Registration 4 years out; inspection 5 years out. Gotta get those renewed. Covered in dust and dirt and cat prints. Embarassing. Still sounds magnificent. With the minimums of safety control system car will kick out the rear at over 70 here if you nail it (west texas state-recipe for high heat resistant asphalt does not lend itself to great traction). Scared the boy a little. Other kid did the checking of the air and helped with the compressor. Wish I had more time for all that kind of thing.

Need to sell this thing.
nothing like a nice drive to make you feel better....

LH.gif

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
An engineer friend of mine told me a funny story. He was in charge of Chevy High Performance. He said every Friday night he and a bunch of colleges from different Manufacturers would meet for drinks at the local bar. His boss called him out for a meeting and stated that " I know what you guys are doing and it has to stop " My friend stated that in no way was he giving the Ford guys info. His boss said " F---k the Ford guys, it's the Pontiac assholes that are stealing all the secrets.:ROFLMAO:

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
An engineer friend of mine told me a funny story. He was in charge of Chevy High Performance. He said every Friday night he and a bunch of colleges from different Manufacturers would meet for drinks at the local bar. His boss called him out for a meeting and stated that " I know what you guys are doing and it has to stop " My friend stated that in no way was he giving the Ford guys info. His boss said " F---k the Ford guys, it's the Pontiac assholes that are stealing all the secrets.:ROFLMAO:
That's when Bob Lutz was treating the LS engines like FCA is doing with the Hellcats. "Put em' in everything!!!". 😂