Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Putting them in storage ......
Btw I still want that hood piece you got . If it's ok with you I will just grab it some time at Napierville.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
But of course. Plans were all F'd up this year.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #682
But of course. Plans were all F'd up this year.
Shit happens

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #683
Well folks I took this opportunity to change my spark plugs. I put 10K miles plus lots of abuse on the set that was in there . While at my favorite auto parts store I was talking to my guy about spark plugs and he mentioned a newish set out . I told him I don't believe in "magic" spark plugs but he insisted these were the "cats meow " for boosted cars and he just happen to have a set for a hellcat . He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse .
I gapped them at .030 . With the supercharger off I can move the resiviour out of the way to make the passenger side easier .

@Speedy!
I took this time to inspect my spark plugs on the outside cylinders ( 1,2,7,8) and they are acutelly a bit rich compared to the inner cylinders ( 3,4,5,6) .

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Well folks I took this opportunity to change my spark plugs. I put 10K miles plus lots of abuse on the set that was in there . While at my favorite auto parts store I was talking to my guy about spark plugs and he mentioned a newish set out . I told him I don't believe in "magic" spark plugs but he insisted these were the "cats meow " for boosted cars and he just happen to have a set for a hellcat . He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse .
I gapped them at .030 . With the supercharger off I can move the resiviour out of the way to make the passenger side easier .

@Speedy!
I took this time to inspect my spark plugs on the outside cylinders ( 1,2,7,8) and they are acutelly a bit rich compared to the inner cylinders ( 3,4,5,6) .

The one on the left looks like a hotter plug

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #685
I think it the angle I had them sitting . Same heat range as the ones I took out .
NGK 93893 LFR6AIX Iridium IX Plug

Last edited:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Them plugs looks nasty,demons breath needs brushing 😂

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #687
Them plugs looks nasty,demons breath needs brushing
That's exactly what I'm doing.......

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I find it ironic that you are doing plugs. I just started researching these myself, looking for non-projected tip copper plugs - Brisk offers some but in their "silver" coated magic bean design, which are very pricey and have a short service life.

EDIT: Here's what I found in a standard electrode, one heat range colder: https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=30369

Last edited:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I’m not doing plugs my knuckles still hurt from the last time 😂

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #690
I’m not doing plugs my knuckles still hurt from the last time
We all don't have "girlie man" hands like you ..

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

@Speedy!

Mine are going in as soon as I move the car around. Looking forward to that job. LOL

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #692
Mine are going in as soon as I move the car around. Looking forward to that job. LOL
The drivers side isn't bad . On the passenger side the supercharger coolant lines are in the way .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #693
I find it ironic that you are doing plugs. I just started researching these myself, looking for non-projected tip copper plugs - Brisk offers some but in their "silver" coated magic bean design, which are very pricey and have a short service life.

EDIT: Here's what I found in a standard electrode, one heat range colder: https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=30369
@motorhead
Any particular reason why you want a standard spark plug? These are a bitch to change!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
@motorhead
Any particular reason why you want a standard spark plug? These are a bitch to change!
For starters I have little hands and not much regard for my well being. Plus, these don't look as sucky as plug changes on a 4th Gen Camaro.

I've been running standard copper plugs in all of my boosted cars for as long as I can remember. We are talking 30psi applications with tonnes of cylinder pressure - never had spark issues. I mean they claim a 30k mile service life so that's a third of what a iridium or platinum plug gives you - and if you aren't checking/changing your plugs in a boosted car in that time... well you get no sympathy from me. Plus, they are physically more robust, easily gapped, and have non-projected tip options. The added advantage of non-projected tip plus is they stay cooler - so all that weird knock HCs find could be directly related to the emissions plugs they factory fill these engines with.

This was an interesting read: https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/why-do-hemi-engines-have-16-spark-plugs.82334/

Last edited:
OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #695
For starters I have little hands and not much regard for my well being. Plus, these don't look as sucky as plug changes on a 4th Gen Camaro.

I've been running standard copper plugs in all of my boosted cars for as long as I can remember. We are talking 30psi applications with tonnes of cylinder pressure - never had spark issues. I mean they claim a 30k mile service life so that's a third of what a iridium or platinum plug gives you. Plus, they are physically more robust, easily gapped, and have non-projected tip options. The added advantage of non-projected tip plus is they stay cooler - so all that weird knock HCs find could be directly related to the emissions plugs they factory fill these engines with.

This was an interesting read: https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/why-do-hemi-engines-have-16-spark-plugs.82334/
I agree with you ." I don't believe in a "magic" spark plug ." I was just curious on your choice of spark plug due to the difficulty on changing them . I have actually had bad luck with platinum plugs ( Bosch in particular) in the past so I tend to stay away from them . I got these at a screaming deal so I couldn't pass them up to try them .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #696
On another plus note the painter that is painting my new hood came bay to do a paint match with what's on my car . He got a perfect so he is painting my hood today . Hopefully it will be ready next week .

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Since I’m now spraying 100-200 shot of nitrous. I am putting these in

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #698

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Are these a heat range or 2 cooler?

stock heat range, the main part is the copper plug.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #700
stock heat range, the main part is the copper plug.
Why copper?