Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thats it both of you are getting a time out !

Now stick to the topic at hand ......
How awesome I am !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Yes, Dad.

If I did that the car might go quicker. 😀

No I'm sure it would go quicker. LOL
Teach me Obi Wan, and let my narrow ass jockey it into the 10.20s!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
HOW DID I MISS OUT ON THE SHIT TALLKING I WANT SOME
Knew that wasn'y gonna take long. :ROFLMAO:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Jeeze lol

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The common denominator is the fatness of our cars. That’s what breaks parts the most. Launching a 4500 brick with 800-1200 whp. Put as much strong stuff in as you want, but that weight does damage to everything all the time. If you want stuff to survive longer, shed weight. Try and get it to 4000lbs without you in it.
Totally agree with that. that's why I went with the rear seat delete and was trying to buy the light weight seats from @Marc W a few weeks back for my '09 SRT and then started a re-evaluation before buying my RE. But my point was the consistency of failures. I mean why isn't it like: "Pass 900HP and the rods are no good, Pass 1000HP and the tranny is gonna go, Pass "X" amount of HP and the axles are suspect.
On a side note: I don't get the thinking where some guys are hardcore "full weight" guys and taking pride in leaving it fat. If the car goes faster by losing a few pounds without making it a gutted race car, so what? I mean that's part of the hot rod thing. You make it lean and mean where you can within reason. If there's a gratuitous piece put on the car by the manufacturer to make a gov't body happy or some fluff that's truly not necessary what's the shame in jettisoning it for the sake of better performance?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@coolblue WHEN YOU GONNA PUT THAT B5 BLUE HELLCAT ON YOUR AVATAR AND GET RID OF THAT DINASOAR YOU FU"""KIN PUNK ASS YANKEE

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@coolblue WHEN YOU GONNA PUT THAT B5 BLUE HELLCAT ON YOUR AVATAR AND GET RID OF THAT DINASOAR YOU FU"""KIN PUNK ASS YANKEE
Ya know I took the "bananas" off the spoiler but didn't take new pics. So it's leave the pic I have for now or go with the tooty fruity fresh and fruity look. I'll wait till I get a better pic. Geez, what a dumb redneck move on my part.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Ya know I took the "bananas" off the spoiler but didn't take new pics. So it's leave the pic I have for now or go with the tooty fruity fresh and fruity look. I'll wait till I get a better pic. Geez, what a dumb redneck move on my part.
DAMN I AINT NEVER SEEN A REDNECK YANKEE :LOL::ROFLMAO:
ON DONT TAKE THAT PERSONAL AT LEAST I DIDNT CALL YOU FAT LIKE SOME PEOPLE I KNOW WOULD GEEZ

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Totally agree with that. that's why I went with the rear seat delete and was trying to buy the light weight seats from @Marc W a few weeks back for my '09 SRT and then started a re-evaluation before buying my RE. But my point was the consistency of failures. I mean why isn't it like: "Pass 900HP and the rods are no good, Pass 1000HP and the tranny is gonna go, Pass "X" amount of HP and the axles are suspect.
On a side note: I don't get the thinking where some guys are hardcore "full weight" guys and taking pride in leaving it fat. If the car goes faster by losing a few pounds without making it a gutted race car, so what? I mean that's part of the hot rod thing. You make it lean and mean where you can within reason. If there's a gratuitous piece put on the car by the manufacturer to make a gov't body happy or some fluff that's truly not necessary what's the shame in jettisoning it for the sake of better performance?
I just finally installed rear seat delete yesterday.
I’m pulling my passenger seat for My upcoming race this weekend.

I need to order that lightweight lithium battery for the car also.

weight is a huge factor!!! When we get into the big power, weight is as much of an importance as just stuffing more power in the car.
Of course I love stuffing more power in the car. But weight can make is faster and preserve the brutal stress launching these cars makes

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #549
I'm not trying to be rude guys but.....

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm not trying to be rude guys but.....

You are right. Sorry.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I'll have you know....I run my ass coolers, and my killer chiller, all while idling the car in the staging lanes, burning fuel. People look at me like I'm crazy. All I can think of is that my ass is vented and my IC coolant temp is 30 degrees.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I'll have you know....I run my ass coolers, and my killer chiller, all while idling the car in the staging lanes, burning fuel. People look at me like I'm crazy. All I can think of is that my ass is vented and my IC coolant temp is 30 degrees.
And that's why these cars are the pinnacle of modern performance cars because you can choose to do that. However, that is a huge compromise as it relates to building a proper race car; and the trade off is luxury (in the form of weight) for all-out performance and reliability. No one is suggesting that anyone has to chose a path, just accept the limitations.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #553
And that's why these cars are the pinnacle of modern performance cars because you can choose to do that. However, that is a huge compromise as it relates to building a proper race car; and the trade off is luxury (in the form of weight) for all-out performance and reliability. No one is suggesting that anyone has to chose a path, just accept the limitations.
I agree with this . I have a chosen path for my car . There are some things I will not compromise on . To be honest my ultimate goal was 9.99 on pump gas so I can have a legit 9 second street car . Now I'm just curious to see how much more I can go . But I don't get upset if I break something. As conservative as I am and I try to install preventative upgrades I am beating this car pretty hard so stuff is going to break .

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I agree with this . I have a chosen path for my car . There are some things I will not compromise on . To be honest my ultimate goal was 9.99 on pump gas so I can have a legit 9 second street car . Now I'm just curious to see how much more I can go . But I don't get upset if I break something. As conservative as I am and I try to install preventative upgrades I am beating this car pretty hard so stuff is going to break .
Two things: 1) I agree with this, but will still be upset if something breaks. Whaaaaa! :cry: LOL.
2) What did you mean by "won't compromise on". Performance? or luxury items? Meaning there's certain things you won't take out of the car to do without or to make it street-able.?

Last edited:

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

As for compromises, I’ve been back and forth about caging my car. The vote to do it won out as I plan on doing more half miles races. And at those speeds I just want the added safety. If I had stayed 1/4 mile only to race for fun, I wouldn’t have done it.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #556
Two things: 1) I agree with this, but will still be upset if something breaks. Whaaaaa! :cry: LOL.
2) What did you mean by "won't compromise on". Performance? or luxury items? Meaning there's certain things you won't take out of the car to do without or to make it street-able.?
What I mean by "won't compromise " is I won't make "hard or permenent " changes to the car . Also I won't change parts that make it unbearable on the street . I put approx 10,000 miles a year on my car . This is a street car first and foremost. Drag racing is just for fun .

It also means compromising performance too.

Last edited:
OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #557
As for compromises, I’ve been back and forth about caging my car. The vote to do it won out as I plan on doing more half miles races. And at those speeds I just want the added safety. If I had stayed 1/4 mile only to race for fun, I wouldn’t have done it.
Definitely. I agree with what you are doing . Your speeds are getting up there and heaven forbid something should happen at those speeds.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #558
Drivers side bypass harnesses . I'm going make more schematics for each side

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Drivers side bypass harnesses . I'm going make more schematics for each side

If 6-13 is the seat belt what is 5-12, 4-11, 2-9. Also, they show 3.3 ohm except 2-9. Is that 653 ohm or 6.53 or 65.3? And is seat belt also 3.3ohm?
Thanks for showing this info and plug schematic. (y)

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #560
If 6-13 is the seat belt what is 5-12, 4-11, 2-9. Also, they show 3.3 ohm except 2-9. Is that 653 ohm or 6.53 or 65.3? And is seat belt also 3.3ohm?
Thanks for showing this info and plug schematic. (y)
I will have to dig up the note but one is for the airbag, one is for the seat sensor and one is for seat belt retractor/position . I forgot which terminals are which at the moment .

You can use a 653 ohm on the passenger side seatbelt terminals but you need the actual buckle on the drivers side .

It is 653 ohms