Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The trials and tribulations of these cars :LOL: Dang James, did you have your wife blindfolded or something when you proposed :ROFLMAO:

I had a productive weekend myself :whistle:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I want to thank Mike at OST dyno for setting me up with my stage 2 whipple !!!
Now on to the fun....
I picked up the supercharger kit at OST then headed to my friend's place to install it .. Removing the factory supercharger is pretty straight forward ... now the fun begins .. while assembly the Whipple I find peices missing from the kit ... large nipple for PVC system, 2 Orings for coolant lines. 2 Orings for fuel rails , and a few bolts .. I make a list and call Mike at OST and luckily they had them so we drive back to get them 30 mines each way ... I put the spacers in too and bought that little piece from Nitrous outlet for the snout support with spacers . I think I have everything thanks to @16GoManGoHC for all the install tips and setting me up with alignment dowels and longer bolts for the spacers . I get everything installed on check hood clearance...... the Whipple will NOT fit under a demon hood with spacers !!!! Soooo I had to strip it all down and remove the spacers .... I do not like the gaskets that came with the kit so I called OST dyno again and sure enough they had a set of stock intake gaskets in stock sooo back to OST to get gaskets.. While there Micah asks about belts .... crap never thought of that.. I have. 10% and I'm using a 3.25 upper .. so he loaned me an assortment of belts and said use what ever fits and bring the rest back .. get back to the car and restart the install .. get it all back together the closest belt was a K100613 belt it's a tad on the loose side but better then nothing ... Finally get the car running...... check engine light P1627.. ah crap .. code for bypass valve .. I check the plug and the wire fell off . The connector is really really tight I had to use a bit of strength to get it to "click" . Reset the code and it's no more check engine light ... yay took the car for a quick spin and every thing feels ok . Can't really "test" as it was raining on and off all day so the roads were wet . Head back to OST dyno to return unused belts and thank Mike and Micah for all their help and guidance. I can't say enough about these guys .. Best shop out there in my opinion!!
BTW I have my wife with me ...we ran over schedule and as we left OST she looked at me and said " you owe me a stake dinner " !! So who am I to argue I got a Whipple and she got stake dinner ( I did too so the jokes on her lol) win win . It was a great road trip even though we were a few hours behind ..
BTW she actually helped with the install through the whole process .. yes she got her hands dirty and I have the pics to prove it lol
Mine went on last weekend. I was also missing the big nipple fitting (sent a smaller one) 2 o rings for coolant lines and the 2 4mm bolts were to short for the mass air sensor which you don't have. I called them Monday and they sent the parts Thursday. I went to Ace Hardware and found the o rings and was able to rig a fix for the big nipple fitting with a black fitting that came with it for another kit Monday so I could get it running. The correct big nipple fitting went on Thursday

Call them and tell them what was missing and that the same thing happened to someone else. I put the spacers on mine and bought another temp sensor like @16GoManGoHC2 did and made it plug and play. With the spacers and bigger idlers pulley with a 3.00 pulley the belt that came with the kit fit perfect. For some reason my Nitrous outlet bracket doesn't fit though, to high for the bolt in the front

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If you will notice I left the AFE air box in there as the Whipple air box is meant for a hellcat hood . Yes there is a big hole in it by the air tube but it gives me an idea how to adapt the Whipple tube to a air box to seal to the demon hood.
I'm looking for a stock demon/redeye airbox if anyone knows were I can one ..

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
I see them for sale all the time but you may be able to buy one new fairly cheap

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,144
OK for all of you who didn't like the white tie wraps I had ..... is this better

Also a K100607 belt fits great .. it's a hair on the tight side of the indicator but better then loose .
For reference I have a 10% lower, 3.25 upper , stock intake gaskets, and 3 metco aluminum idlers .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,145
The trials and tribulations of these cars Dang James, did you have your wife blindfolded or something when you proposed

Yes I proposed and got married before her eye exam appointment

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OK for all of you who didn't like the white tie wraps I had ..... is this better

Also a K100607 belt fits great .. it's a hair on the tight side of the indicator but better then loose .
For reference I have a 10% lower, 3.25 upper , stock intake gaskets, and 3 metco aluminum idlers .

I was upset by the white zip ties also but considering how you like the gold foil, I figured you probably like that too and just kept my mouth shut 🤐

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,147
I was upset by the white zip ties also but considering how you like the gold foil, I figured you probably like that too and just kept my mouth shut
Lol... I was 300 miles from home and its all I had at that exact moment .. Trust me they were temporary. I'm actually going to clean it up over the winter ..

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,148
The trials and tribulations of these cars Dang James, did you have your wife blindfolded or something when you proposed

I had a great time on this road trip . It was a lot of fun.. Mike and Micah are fantastic .They really saved my bacon on this trip .

Hmmmm productive weekend eh...

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,149
On a quick test hit in cool air i peaked at 2.40 Pratio at 6500 rpms at the shift . I'm quite happy with that ..

Last edited:
OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,150
Well had an interesting day at the track today .. Still had transmission shifting issues. I was getting transmission torque management issues. . I ended up running my pump gas timing map with C16 in the tank ...
Spinning bad off the line ( see 60 foot) but the MPH was good for 12 degrees total timing up top . Once I get the transmission max torque input fixed then I can add timing..

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,151
I gotta say the Whipple really controls MAT Temps.. wow. I'm really impressed.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,152
I guess 9.7@147 is not bad for a broken car....... lol

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I can't read the time slip, all blurry/small. What's it say?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I can't read the time slip, all blurry/small. What's it say?
Here you go Screenshot_20221023_135701_com.dynogeek.racingslips_edit_1509742665223270.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
147mph you might need a parachute when you sort the bugs out

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Good problem to have. I may go over 150 in great DA but racing in the summer I won't. My track isn't going to say something on a TNT and if they do then I will just put N/T on the car so nothing will come up on the boards

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Same safety schmafety :ROFLMAO:

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #2,158
I wonder how the police would respond to a street car with. Parachute

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I wonder how the police would respond to a street car with. Parachute

A couple of friends of mine years ago decided to pop their chutes on the road where we hang out to take pics. The road is 25 mph. They were going a little more then that and poped them and yes a cop happened by at this time, she had no idea what she was seeing. They explained to her why they did it and luckily no one got a ticket

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@HighHorseman I saw had a pretty nice setup with the plate on the outside of the chute mount. I don't have any pictures of it. Maybe it is something they sell.