Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

POLL - Do you want the EV (MY24+ Dodge Charger Daytona Banshee) offering from Dodge SRT???

Do you want the EV offering from Dodge SRT???

• (+) Yes, I want it as soon as I can order it.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • (n) - I'll wait and see.

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • (n) - Not as currently revealed (i.e. Style, fake trans/exhaust), but maybe with significant changes

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • (n) - I was interested (maybe) in the hybrid trans possibility on the existing platform of RE/HC

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • (-) NEVER! Long live I.C.E.!

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • (-) NEVER! EVs based on Climate Change are a lie!

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other... Yeah, you know the deal, say it below...

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • (-) No, Not for me

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • (+) I am interested but want to learn more

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • (+) I am interested as an option after my current car?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
...pretty hard to make sound without the movement of air. :rolleyes:
Not anymore! :ROFLMAO:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Wow...

"Reaction was off the charts," he told MotorTrend in an interview on the auto show floor. Media coverage quickly garnered more than 20 million views—the equivalent of about $47 million in marketing costs, he says. "It started off super negative,"

:unsure:
Exactly...like human nature that loves to watch bad things would not want to tune in to basically witness the suicide of a great automotive legacy. It's all in the spin...dirty laundry as far as real Mopar supporters are concerned :mad:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
A lot of people are in for a very rude awakening in about 8-10 years when:

1. People discover that they need to pay $10-15k for a new battery, perhaps much more if the increasing demand for strategic raw materials increases and begins to outstrip supply. Suddenly all the savings on gas doesn't even cover the cost of the replacement battery.

2. The replacement battery will not have the same 8-10 year warranty as the OEM as it is not regulated by the Federal requirements on warranties on emission critical components. People will be lucky to see 3-5 years.

3. Hazardous waste disposal!

4. Who will buy a used car knowing that the new battery will cost more than the car! Resale value will be in the toilet. These are just big expensive driver drills.

5. Lots of people cannot afford new cars, they will be stuck buying these dead EV's and not being able to afford a new battery! The poor will carry the brunt of the burden while the elite lease cars that never are beyond warranty.

But don't worry, when that time comes the government will step in and fix everything they f'd up now.

I'm glad I'm old.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
A lot of people are in for a very rude awakening in about 8-10 years when:

1. People discover that they need to pay $10-15k for a new battery, perhaps much more if the increasing demand for strategic raw materials increases and begins to outstrip supply. Suddenly all the savings on gas doesn't even cover the cost of the replacement battery.

2. The replacement battery will not have the same 8-10 year warranty as the OEM as it is not regulated by the Federal requirements on warranties on emission critical components. People will be lucky to see 3-5 years.

3. Hazardous waste disposal!

4. Who will buy a used car knowing that the new battery will cost more than the car! Resale value will be in the toilet. These are just big expensive driver drills.

5. Lots of people cannot afford new cars, they will be stuck buying these dead EV's and not being able to afford a new battery! The poor will carry the brunt of the burden while the elite lease cars that never are beyond warranty.

But don't worry, when that time comes the government will step in and fix everything they f'd up now.

I'm glad I'm old.
Let's not forget the auto loan defaults when the people who can't afford the new batteries decide to just walk away from the car note.

Can't wait to see how many of those used EV's with weak batteries drop dead on the freeways and create traffic jams. You can't just have AAA come and throw in 5 gals of electricity in a few minutes and get the car running again.

Then there's the people who typically let their gas powered vehicle get low on gas but have figured out how far they can realistically go before they run out of gas. They'll be snarling up traffic too because they won't be able to squeeze that last little bit out of the batteries like gas in a car.

Of course, the same enviro whackos that are telling us we need to get these overpriced golf carts to save the planet will become the next ones crying about the hazardous waste they generate. I would fully expect that our govt will determine that there needs to be a disposal fee added to all of these new EV's, but will never use that money for actually disposing of the batteries and it will be left up to the owners.

I bet that used car dealers will knock off a bunch of money for the trade-in on EV's to offset any battery replacement that they will have to do to resell the cars. Or better yet, they'll give you next to nothing on trade-in just so they can send them to the scrapper and write it off against their yearly taxes due.

Maybe instead of these expensive EV's, the govt should seriously consider letting people run around town in actual golf carts. I'd buy a nice golf cart tomorrow if I could use it to run my usual errands to the store, pizza place, etc.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Let's not forget the auto loan defaults when the people who can't afford the new batteries decide to just walk away from the car note.

Can't wait to see how many of those used EV's with weak batteries drop dead on the freeways and create traffic jams. You can't just have AAA come and throw in 5 gals of electricity in a few minutes and get the car running again.

Then there's the people who typically let their gas powered vehicle get low on gas but have figured out how far they can realistically go before they run out of gas. They'll be snarling up traffic too.

Of course, the same enviro whackos that are telling us we need to get these overpriced gold carts to save the planet will become the next ones crying about the hazardous waste they generate. I would fully expect that our govt will determine that there needs to be a disposal fee added to all of these new EV's, but will never use that money for actually disposing of the batteries and it will be left up to the owners.

I bet that used car dealers will knock off a bunch of money for the trade-in on EV's to offset any battery replacement that they will have to do to resell the cars. Or better yet, they'll give you next to nothing on trade-in just so they can send them to the scrapper and write it off against their yearly taxes due.

Maybe instead of these expensive EV's, the govt should seriously consider letting people run around town in actual golf carts. I'd buy a nice golf cart tomorrow if I could use it to run my usual errands to the store, pizza place, etc.
Edit your post to change gold to golf.

And yes, the used car dealers will knock off a lot on a used EV, then "charge" :ROFLMAO: full price to a single mother living in a 1 room apt trying to get to daycare and her job to make an honest living.

The whole thing is disgusting!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Edit your post to change gold to golf.

And yes, the used car dealers will knock off a lot on a used EV, then "charge" :ROFLMAO: full price to a single mother living in a 1 room apt trying to get to daycare and her job to make an honest living.

The whole thing is disgusting!
What......you got something against "gold" carts???

:p:p

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
makes no sense. Hemi or nothing for me - take that to the bank, Tim! If I want an inline six, I'll build a Slant 6.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Could it be?

Dodge has a new ONE SEAT Hellcat no one saw coming?

And it's electric? !

Sign me up !

kids-dodge-charger-1536x864.png

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
...and a drop-top to boot! LOL

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Could it be?

And it's electric? !

Sign me up !

View attachment 86234
let me guess.....Mattel set the msrp at $399.00 but Target is charging $2500.00 for it :LOL:

edit: so, there is an assembly video on Amazon and in that video, if has an electronic exhaust sound.....and it's better than the sound on that Banshee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

https://www.amazon.com/ENYOPRO-Electric-Challenger-Suspension-Bluetooth/dp/B0B8RH3YX5?th=1

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
If I knew how to weld worth a damn, it might be worth buying one of these and putting it on a go cart chassis.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Could it be?

And it's electric? !

Sign me up !

View attachment 86234
This exactly (same color) my son’s Bday present this month. Sitting in the box in my basement right now. I can’t wait to wrench on it. Probably give it time him a little early since the weather is going to be so good around here this weekend.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Do a Tim Allen on that puppy!

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I bet it got a rise out of the skinny jeans folks, but the stupidest thing ever to me.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Here's a Dodge acoustical engineer working on the sound of their new "engine" for their EV's. This is at their secret testing lab.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #158
Here's a Dodge acoustical engineer working on the sound of their new "engine" for their EV's. This is at their secret testing lab.

They are going to take such a black eye for that decision.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Dual purpose. Testing #7’s supercharger, as well.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Dual purpose. Testing #7’s supercharger, as well.
Bingo!

That's how they're going to solve both issues.