Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Poll: A pair of Vin-Matched (twin) OG/170 Demons or two D170s?

Pick one: An OG Demon and its twin in D170 form or two D170s outfitted however you like

• OGD and D170 Twin please!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Two D170s, save the OGD for the glue farm!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Neither, Dodge sucks

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I only have 1 NIB unfired Colt SAA 6-1/2 inch Barrel.
Manufactured 1977
You selling? 🤔

Would be cool to have an original and new one with matching Vins. Obviously, a matter of price, etc.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You selling? 🤔

Would be cool to have an original and new one with matching Vins. Obviously, a matter of price, etc.
My guess he'd donate a kidney before he parts with that gun..

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
My guess he'd donate a kidney before he parts with that gun..
Understandable. You are spot on...doesn't hurt to ask. Hope you are well 1971demon.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Understandable. You are spot on...doesn't hurt to ask. Hope you are well 1971demon.
Doin fine thanks...;);)

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #25
How did we morph to guns? This place, lol....

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
My Boseman Trail comms are chambered in ,44/40..just not a fan of Ruger S.A....I'm a pretty fair shot with my 1911's ...(especially my Les Baer and Ed Brown)...not so much with my S.A. colts...I just don't get to shoot em much...
Now you're talking my game, love my 1911's
I have a few and all in commander size. In order of best quality is Alchemy, Nighthawk, Guncrafter, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Coonan 357mag(1911ish) along with the obligatory Colts, Rugers a few Rock Island (22TCM) and a bunch of others. Love my 1911's

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You selling? 🤔

LOL.
@1971demon was spot on.
An unfired gen 3 still in the box is a unicorn.
I got lucky, a dealer I used to use had just acquired it at an estate sale.
Haven't read guns and ammo in years, but Gary James used to have an article where readers could ask questions about there firearms.
My question, which was published, was.
If you had an unfired NIB SAA, was it worth it to go ahead and fire it.
His response: I wouldn't.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have a few and all in commander size. In order of best quality is Alchemy, Nighthawk, Guncrafter, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Coonan 357mag(1911ish) along with the obligatory Colts, Rugers a few Rock Island (22TCM) and a bunch of others. Love my 1911's
I also have a coonan 357 mag. Most don't realize when you say that, you are referring to the rimmed 357. It's a big 1911.
I have Springfield, Colt, kimber, magnum research.
What do you think of the TCM? That one really peaked my interest a few years back.
Is ammo readily available?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yo Bobo....you got some seriously nice stuff...(I mean really nice hardware)..1911's(y)(y)(y)(y)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
How did we morph to guns? This place, lol....
We all have the attention span of a 4yr. old

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Hypothetically, because neither, never mind both are in the cards for me, I’d want one of each. As much as they’re very similar they’re plenty different in enough ways to make them unique…

Now back on the REAL subject at hand…firearms! :ROFLMAO: Never been a collector but I totally understand it. They were a critical tool of my trade for my entire career and I look at them the way a carpenter would a hammer; sure he has a favorite or too but uses them as they were intended. Regardless, if it’s not bet-your-life-on-it reliable I quickly part ways with it. I had a FN FS-2000 that was HORRIBLE (and worth a small fortune today) and a Saiga-12 among other others that come to mind…

I did unknowingly end up with some extremely collectible guns, specifically AKs, and while I’ve always been a fan of the platform being able to more than quadruple my money in a matter of a few years (thanks mainly to politics) made parting with them an easy financial decision, especially when I got to add a SCAR and Benelli M4 to the armory…

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hypothetically, because neither, never mind both are in the cards for me, I’d want one of each. As much as they’re very similar they’re plenty different in enough ways to make them unique…

Now back on the REAL subject at hand…firearms! :ROFLMAO: Never been a collector but I totally understand it. They were a critical tool of my trade for my entire career and I look at them the way a carpenter would a hammer; sure he has a favorite or too but uses them as they were intended. Regardless, if it’s not bet-your-life-on-it reliable I quickly part ways with it. I had a FN FS-2000 that was HORRIBLE (and worth a small fortune today) and a Saiga-12 among other others that come to mind…

I did unknowingly end up with some extremely collectible guns, specifically AKs, and while I’ve always been a fan of the platform being able to more than quadruple my money in a matter of a few years (thanks mainly to politics) made parting with them an easy financial decision, especially when I got to add a SCAR and Benelli M4 to the armory…
The saiga 12 is very underrated.
I love mine.
Put a limbsaver on it, and with a 20 round drum, it rocks.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
I love mine.
Did EVERYTHING I could to make it run reliably and it wouldn’t, new gas puck, spring kit, etc.

Had a Chinesium JTS that ate GARAGE and was stupid reliable that I sold to my BIL and ended up with a KUSA-12 because I wanted to sample their wares and I’m a scattergun fan…

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I love mine.
I got one...but no 20 rd drumo_Oo_O....these are the things us NYer's can only dream of..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Seriously, I would not pay what they are asking for this new one. Even if I was rolling in it. So, I'm not saying the car "sucks" I'm saying the way Dodge is rolling it out sucks. Realize it's a business, that's how I make my living, but I do not think it should be some elite status symbol only available to the rich few.

animals-18.jpg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The most honest part of the whole "un-veiling" of the "corn-demon" or whatever they said it was, was when he said he was scared shitless the helo would drop the son of bitch lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well I got only one set of matching colts..#199 and #200 of 200 commemorative colts..(unfired).plus more than a few other S.A. colts.and barring a stelantis fuck up will have 2 Demons...we agree on a lot Hunter..except our diet I guess;);)
I suspect those were fired in proofing, but maybe not. Potential liability if they let them out the door unfired.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I suspect those were fired in proofing, but maybe not. Potential liability if they let them out the door unfired.
One round...the cylinders were not rotated to avoid any etching..that is my understanding with most comm.editions...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Seriously, I would not pay what they are asking for this new one. Even if I was rolling in it. So, I'm not saying the car "sucks" I'm saying the way Dodge is rolling it out sucks. Realize it's a business, that's how I make my living, but I do not think it should be some elite status symbol only available to the rich few.

View attachment 102452
What part of I'm just an honest white boy trying to eek out an honest living did you miss..I'm not rich..(unless of course our definitions are not in step)