Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Pink is the new yellow!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I know mine came with them (yellow protectors), as they were on when salesman took pic when car was on trailer. They were gone though when I picked car up.
likewise here

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I had read ahead concerning the paint affects they do or may have. Had them removed before it left the show room. Uncle Jerry Ulm has the only high priced spread in town and I am sure Hulkster, no relation ions, will gobble that one up. Good fer him,, he has the gas. He got the 1st H/C and demon. I do not attend his beach bar in Tampa. Don't waste your de nare oes.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Tim himself is behind this color change.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Man this is AWESOME I hope they all get changed to Pink, that way the ebay value of the yellow ones off my car will increase! LOL

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I can’t wait to see these on the street!! New Daytona Charger at Jerry Ulm in Tampa. Ask for Manny, I enjoyed him as my salesman. View attachment 9665
What's the old Yellow then?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Leesburg
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 JGC Trackhawk
Why would someone want to take a pink slitter off? Please answer with one politically correct sentence if you dare.
Someone who dislikes the color pink may want to take them off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
Leesburg
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 JGC Trackhawk
Let me rephrase the question. Why do you think Dodge thought that by using pink it would make people more likely to remove the splitter?. Please answer with one politically correct sentence if you dare
Tl;dr the PC answer is really long, people are creatures of habbit, get over it.

Yellow is a more common accent color for various things compared to the usage of pink, take the yellow brake calipers for example... Human brains are commonly programmed to like things that are familiar so certain colors or combinations of colors that occur more frequently will be preferred over others... Thus it is possible pink may be perceived by a wider audience to clash with more colors and as a consequence cause an increased inclination to remove it. In the same many people learn from an early age that certain colors are representative of various things. Our flag has colors, traffic signals have colors, the ink color of pens used by teachers to mark your work has meaning... Frequently pink is not associated with things people like about these vehicles... power/strength, performance, domination or toughness, agression. Pink is more likely to be associated with opposite concepts or emotions. Since we like the familiar, our brains take a shortcut and subconsciously influences our feelings regarding certain colors based on our experiences in life, and how appropriate a color may seem in certain applications. This may cause people to exhibit a different behavior regarding the splitter guards when nothing else changed but the color. Obviously colors are just wavelengths of light oscillating at different frequencies and are otherwise meaningless to the vastness of the universe, however many animals react to colors based on instincts or past experiences and people are no different. For humans these behaviors and emotions stem from basic survival instincts and social instincts ingraned within us and help us to be successful in passing our genes on to the future.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Tl;dr the PC answer is really long, people are creatures of habbit, get over it.

Yellow is a more common accent color for various things compared to the usage of pink, take the yellow brake calipers for example... Human brains are commonly programmed to like things that are familiar so certain colors or combinations of colors that occur more frequently will be preferred over others... Thus it is possible pink may be perceived by a wider audience to clash with more colors and as a consequence cause an increased inclination to remove it. In the same many people learn from an early age that certain colors are representative of various things. Our flag has colors, traffic signals have colors, the ink color of pens used by teachers to mark your work has meaning... Frequently pink is not associated with things people like about these vehicles... power/strength, performance, domination or toughness, agression. Pink is more likely to be associated with opposite concepts or emotions. Since we like the familiar, our brains take a shortcut and subconsciously influences our feelings regarding certain colors based on our experiences in life, and how appropriate a color may seem in certain applications. This may cause people to exhibit a different behavior regarding the splitter guards when nothing else changed but the color. Obviously colors are just wavelengths of light oscillating at different frequencies and are otherwise meaningless to the vastness of the universe, however many animals react to colors based on instincts or past experiences and people are no different. For humans these behaviors and emotions stem from basic survival instincts and social instincts ingraned within us and help us to be successful in passing our genes on to the future.

I can answer the question in one sentence the non P.C. way.

Men generally don’t like pink because it is a feminine color.

That simple. I said everything you said without fluff. I stated the same fact that you did. I just didn’t sugar coat it. I stated a simple logical fact. Yet somehow I will bet that I have offended someone so that will make my statement wrong and yours correct because I did not dance around feelings which do not matter. I stated a fact.

Why was that simple sentence so hard for us to say? Because we are afraid of words and our freedom of speech. That is what happens in “political correctness”. It makes freedom of speech become fear of using the wrong word. We should never fear words. That is freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The visitors locker room in Kinnick Stadium (iowa Hawkeye football) is painted pink.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I can do the interior lights, to match ;)

Bob
Riverside, California
Ahhhhh!
My eyes!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

That simple. I said everything you said without fluff. I stated the same fact that you did. I just didn’t sugar coat it. I stated a simple logical fact. Yet somehow I will bet that I have offended someone so that will make my statement wrong and yours correct because I did not dance around feelings which do not matter. I stated a fact.

Why was that simple sentence so hard for us to say? Because we are afraid of words and our freedom of speech. That is what happens in “political correctness”. It makes freedom of speech become fear of using the wrong word. We should never fear words. That is freedom of speech.
But, in reality, you DID ask for a PC response.
A non PC reply is always easier, as you don't worry about the repercussions.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thinking of the word pink,,, 1st comes to mind is that bitchen rock star. Not a good one.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

I might be wrong, but I will assume more men purchase these cars than women. Pink will most likely illicit more taking off vs yellow will...plus they do clash more with various colors as well. But, who knows...maybe FCA got a bigger discount ordering pink vs yellow...LOL.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Leesburg
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 JGC Trackhawk
I might be wrong, but I will assume more men purchase these cars than women. Pink will most likely illicit more taking off vs yellow will...plus they do clash more with various colors as well. But, who knows...maybe FCA got a bigger discount ordering pink vs yellow...LOL.
Maybe it's for breast cancer awareness or something...

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Maybe it's for breast cancer awareness or something...

That would be brilliant marketing IMHO.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Just wait....the same people that refused to remove the yellow splitter guards won't remove the pink ones either.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Waiting for the WTB pink thingy posts...

Bob
Riverside, California

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
% wise, more men die of breast cancer than women. Just more women are affected. Learned this when Laurie and I went thru her breast cancer 3 years ago. Her chemo and my replacement at the same time made for a bad Xmas. Now I have skin cancer. Start smokin pot again after 35 years. Run the nasty's off.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
% wise, more men die of breast cancer than women. Just more women are affected. Learned this when Laurie and I went thru her breast cancer 3 years ago. Her chemo and my replacement at the same time made for a bad Xmas. Now I have skin cancer. Start smokin pot again after 35 years. Run the nasty's off.
Hope all is well @Hickster. Sounds like your Hellcat is back...enjoy my friend and take care.