Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picking up a M6 Hellcat

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Scheduled the shipping company to pickup the car on Jan 10th. Should be in my garage a week later.
Open trailer or enclosed? Trying to decide whether to drive Hellcat to Texas when the time comes.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
@Hellcatcfp gets creative hauling his car in a camper😳
037941BB-AB75-470D-8401-8851625755E8.gif

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yeah, I used that argument to justify buying my last one which was an A8, because my car prior to that was a 392 Shaker with an M6 and it was a blast to drive.

Even if a bit slower, for me, I think the M6 is a more fun driving experience. Guess I’m about to find out.

Agree. I had a 17 With M6, still miss it. Even though have a RE I still miss the fun factor. I have kicked around the very idea you have of buying a second car with M6

Now for the dream car. Factory MY 22 M6 with Helephant, I would even go forward with purchase if they said no warranty from flywheel back. If they built it I wouldn’t be able to get check book out quick enough.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #64
Open trailer or enclosed? Trying to decide whether to drive Hellcat to Texas when the time comes.
Open but I paid an extra $100 to guarantee it would be loaded on the top, which apparently reduces the likelihood of damage from road debris.

In my mind, open trailer from here to there isn’t any different than me driving it home from there. I’m not overly OCD with the paint and stuff though, I’m a guy who expects my car to look great for a car that gets driven haha, not a perfectionist in that regard.

Think the quote for closed trailer from PA to UT was an extra $800 or so. $1600 for the open trailer. I shopped around a few big names and didn’t worry about trying to get it done cheap.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Open but I paid an extra $100 to guarantee it would be loaded on the top, which apparently reduces the likelihood of damage from road debris.

In my mind, open trailer from here to there isn’t any different than me driving it home from there. I’m not overly OCD with the paint and stuff though, I’m a guy who expects my car to look great for a car that gets driven haha, not a perfectionist in that regard.

Think the quote for closed trailer from PA to UT was an extra $800 or so. $1600 for the open trailer. I shopped around a few big names and didn’t worry about trying to get it done cheap.
Great info...thanks. Planning on shipping mine from CA to Texas (1,600 miles) when the time comes. Got a quote for $950 but didn't guarantee top loaded. What company did you go with if you mind me asking?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Don't knowz abut you guz. Butster I use mine as a second degree car. It's my hot rod to cruise the beach and car shows with. I am a single guy again. Bean married once, waz enough and been engaged 7 times or wood been divorced 7 times. A ring is a lot cheaper than divorced 7 times, but I use my car as a 70's trolling auto. Like back in the 70's with my Road Runner and Mach 1 Stang and GTO I used ro borrow from my friends. When I set them up with a hooker and sum blow. Imagine how that used to go together. Now they are all married and wondering what the hell I am driving. Not telling em. Be jelious. Don't care as long as I am still crusing the beaches and car shows. Not married. Why I have a $140,000 H/C and they are driving a Toy o my god Ota and working. Me retired for 20 years and have had my shares of Z28s and Vettes. Oh, 7 fiant says. Yall. Oh point being,,, I wood not own a cock rod if it wasn't a dick shift.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #67
Great info...thanks. Planning on shipping mine from CA to Texas (1,600 miles) when the time comes. Got a quote for $950 but didn't guarantee top loaded. What company did you go with if you mind me asking?
This is the company I’m using. I can update after I receive the car.

https://www.roadrunnerautotransport.com/

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I use Diamond Dolls down the street. 3 fer 1 on the frequent lap dance miles. 19 years young from Russia via Costa Ricer and very knklowdgeable. Didn't learn it from fianc say # 6. Mz Georgia and Peanuster Queen. Whom happened to bee very good lukin but did not bee cum talented from the strip bars in Cosby, Tenn. The talent shows happen from the moe bile homes out back. Ouz dudes coming from the trips from Little Pigeon rafting River and happen to stop at the inter her sexton at Cosby nose what Iz'e bee talking about. If you make it out alive. Most don't but if you do, very rememerable. Happen to have fian say #2 with me whom has a black bet in kicking fee an says asses. With her for 10 years fer numer ous reasons. While I was living and messing around with the golf cart girl #1 at Haines City, Fl # 1 golf and tennis resort Florida. Oh boy. I had 6 gals at the fine age of 20 working for me on the roof of the resort in their bekinis water proofing HVAC duct work while over lukin the 3 size Olympic size swimming pool. Resort did not want me to leave so they supplied me with a 2 story house octagonal, maid service, 3 meals a day, bass fishing pontoon boat, and open bar at the bass club and sports bar. Spent 2 years there missing every Sunday to come home to do pay roll for the other 50 employees thru out Fl. Plus the misses down the street whom was the lieutenant of Pinellas Co. Plice Dept. She just happened to be engaged to the head of the SWAT team of Pinellas Co Police Dept. Lets not tell any one. Moe stories behind this one but just lucky to still be alive.

I have a very large gun collection she loved to play with it. Right out of Playboy she is. The DEA out of DC hired her from Pinellas Co. for 3 years and she is now working for Plant City Poice Dept as an consultant. Happens to be 50 miles east of this whore house. Me and all of my fee an saiys are all still in good tal kin positions and the 1 s in between. Just lucky to be alive after riding with the 2nd largest biker group in the world. Not talkin about that. Cars are the subject here and at times beautiful show HD bikes witch came with the girls and cars.
Another day and moe stories.
Hickstah alive today.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Congratulations!
Hopefully he still has the splitter guards to protect it during shipping… lol.

When I think about a ‘16 sold in ‘17 I can’t help but think about my situation all those years ago. And then think about the market we are in… I’d wager that he “spent” less than $100 a month to own the car all that time.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #71
Congratulations!
Hopefully he still has the splitter guards to protect it during shipping… lol.

When I think about a ‘16 sold in ‘17 I can’t help but think about my situation all those years ago. And then think about the market we are in… I’d wager that he “spent” less than $100 a month to own the car all that time.
What was your situation?

My last Hellcat was a 2016 I bought right after COVID hit and people were losing jobs. The owner had to get rid of his weekend car, so I bought it for $40k w/ 30k miles on it or so. I ended up selling it when used car prices spiked, think I sold it for $48.5k, with intentions of buying another one when the economy corrected.

This gentleman sold me this car for a very fair price, what I would consider a pre-COVID value. He wasn’t marking the car up like crazy, like we’re seeing all over the internet. However, he definitely did well like you said over the course of owning the car.

So I bought low, sold high, then bought high haha. Based on the $8.5k I made on selling mine, then rolling that cash into this car, I feel I did well but I’ve been without a fun car for over a year. Happy that it worked out though and got out of the A8 and into the M6.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I will revisit with another M6 in some form no doubt. Preferably something stout and built to handle the ravage a M6 can throw at the drive trains rotating mass, but it must be as reliable as possible I am thinking 1k- 1.2k at flywheel. Nothing absurd, certainly within easy reach. Wish it was made factory with power chiller, all aluminum Hellaphant M6. Plug and play after checking off option boxes would be a wet dream.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I will revisit with another M6 in some form no doubt. Preferably something stout and built to handle the ravage a M6 can throw at the drive trains rotating mass, but it must be as reliable as possible I am thinking 1k- 1.2k at flywheel. Nothing absurd, certainly within easy reach. Wish it was made factory with power chiller, all aluminum Hellaphant M6. Plug and play after checking off option boxes would be a wet dream.
Here ya go, 2016 sold in 2017, caught in the wet 2-3 times only, built to the hilt with back up spares for parts that break, including a transmission, 3 Differentials, a Redeye Blower, a complete leather interior, Nav Panel, axles, 6 rims, a pair of 315/50-17 MT Street R’s that took it to a 9.998 at 133 pass last year at 825 wheel, at 935 now on corn on a dedicated E85 tune, 915 wheel on Flex Tune, 855 on the gasoline side of that flex tune.
Built engine has 3200 miles on it, New Tranzilla Trans maybe 500 miles on it, New 3.90 Diff maybe 300 miles on it, new GForce Outlaw Axles, Wiles DS, Aluminum Radiator, Lighted 2017 Air Bag, Cutomized Barton, customized interior accents,can go on and on. ALL the work meticulously spared no expense or time done by me.
Odometer just rolled over 20,000. Impeccably kept inside, outside, and underneath, I’ve seen new cars with rustier suspension parts. Located in NE PA
Make me an offer lol

Does low 11 second street 1/4’s at 138-140+, FUN ride!! The right offer I’d part with it.

74C8DB3C-7E27-411F-A7D4-FA4C4CEA27EA.jpeg
BTW, NICE score Aero16, if I sell my cat I’ll be a frequent visitor to the bar by the steps lol

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I have watched your car evolve over time with your posts. Always a thrill watching a purist go at it with passion. Very nice indeed. I like the Capri you have as well.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I have watched your car evolve over time with your posts. Always a thrill watching a purist go at it with passion. Very nice indeed. I like the Capri you have as well.
THANK YOU!!
Missing my Granddaughter’s :(
They were supposed to be in for Christmas, the day before I was supposed to go pick them up from the airport covid scare on their end, luckily just a scare. Rescheduled for the 28th, my boy started getting sick Christmas Day, tested positive for covid Sunday:(
I tested positive Tuesday, Wife yesterday :( Now their not coming until the 16th :(……
Right now I’d sell the farm and go out to them and just stay there already lol
Here we go, Covid for New Years Eve celebration:( My 3rd time with this crap.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Get well Mike! Have a happy new year and don’t sell that cat! You’ll go crazy without something to do. John

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
What was your situation?
Leased a ‘16 Charger with $72k sticker for $65 in ‘17.
Put 45,000 miles on the car and had the option to buy it for $45,000 at the end of the lease. I decided not to because that was in March of 2020 and covid was just starting… lots of uncertainty. Fast forward a few months and the car is worth ~$58k… Consider if I sold it for $55k, it would have cost me $10,000 to drive it for 3 years… that’s less than $300 per month.
Given the fact that your new gem is an M6 with limited options, he probably paid the “leftover” price somewhere in the mid-50s for the car. Considering what low mileage super clean Hellcats are fetching these days, he probably did fine on the sale. If, for example, he paid $55,000 for it and sold it to you for $45,000 (pulling these numbers out of my ass) it cost him $10,000 over 48 months… which is $200/mo.

If he got it at a Koons price, and you paid covid price, he’d have been at ~$100/mo cost of ownership. Glad you didn’t overpay, sounds like you got a great deal.

I didn’t see the market going this way with covid… I actually thought it’d be doing the opposite… and because of that I don’t have a HC anymore, and I don’t have the $10k I could have made on it. lol.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #78
Leased a ‘16 Charger with $72k sticker for $65 in ‘17.
Put 45,000 miles on the car and had the option to buy it for $45,000 at the end of the lease. I decided not to because that was in March of 2020 and covid was just starting… lots of uncertainty. Fast forward a few months and the car is worth ~$58k… Consider if I sold it for $55k, it would have cost me $10,000 to drive it for 3 years… that’s less than $300 per month.
Given the fact that your new gem is an M6 with limited options, he probably paid the “leftover” price somewhere in the mid-50s for the car. Considering what low mileage super clean Hellcats are fetching these days, he probably did fine on the sale. If, for example, he paid $55,000 for it and sold it to you for $45,000 (pulling these numbers out of my ass) it cost him $10,000 over 48 months… which is $200/mo.

If he got it at a Koons price, and you paid covid price, he’d have been at ~$100/mo cost of ownership. Glad you didn’t overpay, sounds like you got a great deal.

I didn’t see the market going this way with covid… I actually thought it’d be doing the opposite… and because of that I don’t have a HC anymore, and I don’t have the $10k I could have made on it. lol.
I had my 392 Shaker with 16k miles and the Hellcat for a bit but chickened out and sold the 392 because I was changing jobs and unsure of the future. Sold my Shaker for what I had in it which was like $30k (got a great deal trading in a truck at the time). Now it’s probably go for $40k haha. Oh well.

8FD02913-22C7-45B6-90E6-84C400B6BBE2.jpeg
4424A97A-C772-4CB7-AF59-C1ED8C9AA173.png
D0CDEBF0-9411-4AE8-8084-672C28C44283.jpeg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
THANK YOU!!
Missing my Granddaughter’s :(
They were supposed to be in for Christmas, the day before I was supposed to go pick them up from the airport covid scare on their end, luckily just a scare. Rescheduled for the 28th, my boy started getting sick Christmas Day, tested positive for covid Sunday:(
I tested positive Tuesday, Wife yesterday :( Now their not coming until the 16th :(……
Right now I’d sell the farm and go out to them and just stay there already lol
Here we go, Covid for New Years Eve celebration:( My 3rd time with this crap.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!
Hope you & the family has a speedy recovery.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Personally, I think very HP manuals will be sought after now and even more so in the not so distant future. Manuals are already dinosaurs in this country and only a handful of OEM cars have ever had 600+HP with a manual. HC manuals (esp 717 version) could become collector cars pretty quick imo, esp post ICE.

Someone mentioned that you can no longer order an M6 HC. Is that true? If so wow, and yeah nice job jumping on this. Enjoy!

Last edited: