Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Pedal commander

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
OOOps. There goes the extra 100 jets in the new hot tub. New town home may have to wait on the battery packed dolphins for the kids. Sorry champ. Least not raining and you can have a roof.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I received the pedal commander today and if all goes well I’m going to test it at the track tomorrow morning, if so I’ll be sure to give an update

OP
Robo5555
Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #63
Awesome, looking fwd to ur feedback.

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
While my initial feelings about the Pedal Commander were pretty negative, I have done quite a lot of research since then, and am seriously considering trying one.
Will be very interested to hear your review.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Eye as well. Herd more goods than bads, but if you look at the response and what it can do to the intake, it is a simple critter that works. Matter over mind I suppose and a lot cheaper than a Elderbrock intake. $300 with 2 yeppers and I am there.

OP
Robo5555
Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #66
Think we r going to get an awesome feedback either way. He is testing it at the track.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
this is my initial reaction to testing the pedal commander ,unfortunately we ran in to issues today but I did get some test with it ,the blue tooth is very nice and works well ,its small and compact and very simple to install in minutes ,while I was driving to the track I played with the different modes and when going from eco to city you don't notice much difference but when going to sports and sport plus you feel the car actually speed up on its on ,,,my thoughts were I could use it at the track for the launch but even with eco and negative 4 my 2,65 pulley set up just blew the tires off everytime today ,I was able to get traction with the 3.10 pulley but it didn't matter if the pedal commander was on or off ,it definitely has a very nice pedal response in city ,sport and sport plus ,I would advise to be carefule in sport and sport plus modes as the pedal does get very aggressive , I had it in sport today in the burnout box and it quickly revved the engine and caught me off guard somewhat , im going to get in touch with larry and ask about possibly delaying the pedal further in eco to still possibly help with the launches

IF YOU GET ONE TAKE IT SLOW AT FIRST AND GET USED TO IT AS THE CAR COULD EASILY GET AWAY FROM YOU

I like the pedal commander ,in city its definitely better then stock pedal ,and im sure on a stock hellcat in sport mode you would have a blast with it ,when you punch in sport mode it reacts instantly very nice for racing from say a 60 mph punch for example

on my logs no matter what mode your in when you go wide open throttle the pedal commander will only get you there quicker ,so that's a plus but when racing we already get to wot fast enough

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
When you talk to Larry let him know whats needed is the ability to cap the throttle signal at certain levels even with a full throttle input signal. No signal delay or boost just have an adjustable top limit. And then an ability to be able to on command count full throttle inputs and be able to cap step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4 etc all the way to 6th would be great but 3 would be enough, first second third then WOT from there on out until RESET back to start by command. Tell him many customers waiting on such lol

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
When you talk to Larry let him know whats needed is the ability to cap the throttle signal at certain levels even with a full throttle input signal. No signal delay or boost just have an adjustable top limit. And then an ability to be able to on command count full throttle inputs and be able to cap step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4 etc all the way to 6th would be great but 3 would be enough, first second third then WOT from there on out until RESET back to start by command. Tell him many customers waiting on such lol
I think he said but an automatic lol

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
There are nitrous controllers that can do this thus should be simple but take a program rewrite but it’s not impossible by far to a programmer.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
this is my initial reaction to testing the pedal commander ,unfortunately we ran in to issues today but I did get some test with it ,the blue tooth is very nice and works well ,its small and compact and very simple to install in minutes ,while I was driving to the track I played with the different modes and when going from eco to city you don't notice much difference but when going to sports and sport plus you feel the car actually speed up on its on ,,,my thoughts were I could use it at the track for the launch but even with eco and negative 4 my 2,65 pulley set up just blew the tires off everytime today ,I was able to get traction with the 3.10 pulley but it didn't matter if the pedal commander was on or off ,it definitely has a very nice pedal response in city ,sport and sport plus ,I would advise to be carefule in sport and sport plus modes as the pedal does get very aggressive , I had it in sport today in the burnout box and it quickly revved the engine and caught me off guard somewhat , im going to get in touch with larry and ask about possibly delaying the pedal further in eco to still possibly help with the launches

IF YOU GET ONE TAKE IT SLOW AT FIRST AND GET USED TO IT AS THE CAR COULD EASILY GET AWAY FROM YOU

I like the pedal commander ,in city its definitely better then stock pedal ,and im sure on a stock hellcat in sport mode you would have a blast with it ,when you punch in sport mode it reacts instantly very nice for racing from say a 60 mph punch for example

on my logs no matter what mode your in when you go wide open throttle the pedal commander will only get you there quicker ,so that's a plus but when racing we already get to wot fast enough
I use City mode on mine, anything more is just too aggressive for me but City feels like the car should have come from the factory.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
An auto could probably be accomplished in a trans tune, us M6 guys are the trans computer lol, we need some help too lol

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I use City mode on mine, anything more is just too aggressive for me but City feels like the car should have come from the factory.
I agree city mode is nice

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
An auto could probably be accomplished in a trans tune, us M6 guys are the trans computer lol, we need some help too lol
Ok MR ROBOTO :ROFLMAO:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
My buddies 17 mustang with HP tuners he can limit throttle % by individual gear and some how it knows what gear cars in (M6) with nothing (that can be seen at least) telling the pcm what gear it’s in.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
He suffers same issues we do, he’s making 800 wheel to, we all just dyno’d last night at a garage party. Limiting power by gear has made controlling wheel spin on launch manageable and much more repeatable.
9DD384D4-9C2B-4D19-843C-B033DDAC09B4.jpeg 59C89A10-6506-4747-BCBD-7EEA0A692013.jpeg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
But I’m making more torque at 2000 rpm then he does at any rpm

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
When I put my 2.65 pully with the 10percent and e85 today it blew the tires off even when I rolled into it ,I put the 3.10 back on and ran 6.34@113 mph in the 1/8 today and that’s the flex fuel side it’s pulling timing on the launch , I need the 2.65 to pull timing on the launch lol

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yep, or limit throttle command. I put my car in 500 hp mode and it tames launch perfectly but then 3rd and 4 are limited too which doesn’t work lol

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
So much easier to tune the throttle.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?78871-NVRatio-information

This is from the stock Demon tune, you can see the Street tune on the left and the Track tune on the right. The obvious difference where the pedal voltage equals full throttle sooner (basically anything over 2 volts), you'd need to log a few parameters to see how the car is responding to your demands/driving style.

1573267742887.png