Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OWNERS MANUAL (HELLCAT) & SERVICE INTERVALS

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Is there a Hellcat or Hellcat Redeye specific owners manual? On the back of the booklet that came with my car there is a link to download an owners manual, however when I download the 2019 Challenger SRT manual it does not seem to specify anything about Hellcats or Hellcat Redeye's. It doesn't even list the Hellcat engine in the manual. I browsed the website to the best of my ability but I do not see anywhere that gives me an option to download a manual that is specific to our cars. Any info would be appreciated.

On that note does anyone know the part number for the HCRE airfilter? I'd like to get a spare. Also what is everyone doing for service intervals? I changed my engine oil at 500, 1500 and now I am at 3500 miles and going to change the engine oil again. What is everyone doing for rear end and trans fluid changes? I feel like I want to drop the oil from the rear end now, not sure about trans at this point.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
After some searching I found a Service Manual for my year (2015) which included information on the Hellcat. I don't think they publish paper anymore, so mine is USB card which means I have to look on a computer... but it works.
7F485D21-B23A-4D6A-AD5E-105961CA8285.jpeg One is a Service Manual and the other is wiring (I ordered both)
D93E9DA2-4FCA-40B4-8768-D591B935BE52.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fishers
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Is there a Hellcat or Hellcat Redeye specific owners manual? On the back of the booklet that came with my car there is a link to download an owners manual, however when I download the 2019 Challenger SRT manual it does not seem to specify anything about Hellcats or Hellcat Redeye's. It doesn't even list the Hellcat engine in the manual. I browsed the website to the best of my ability but I do not see anywhere that gives me an option to download a manual that is specific to our cars. Any info would be appreciated.

On that note does anyone know the part number for the HCRE airfilter? I'd like to get a spare. Also what is everyone doing for service intervals? I changed my engine oil at 500, 1500 and now I am at 3500 miles and going to change the engine oil again. What is everyone doing for rear end and trans fluid changes? I feel like I want to drop the oil from the rear end now, not sure about trans at this point.
Have you looked here for all the manuals: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-garage/select-vehicle.html

Attachments

OP
N
Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #4

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well looky here... Thanks! Seems like the intervals for air filter and rear axle are longer than I would have assumed. I didn't see mention of the trans fluid though.

The A8 has "lifetime" fluid in it and is "sealed"

No fluid change required under "normal" conditions, whatever that means.

On my M6, I've replaced the fluid once, just because.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
After reading some forum posts on doing so, I called customer care and requested a paper owners manual for my 19 Charger Hellcat. It arrived a week or so latter. I think they asked for my VIN, were very polite and had no issues shipping it to me for free.

I also order the service manual from Tech Authority, its not exactly user friendly but worth while. I would order the wire manual but it is not available for 2019's.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

That's a bit odd, since in a Ram 1500 the same basic tranny needs a fluid change at 30,000, I think it was.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fishers
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Well looky here... Thanks! Seems like the intervals for air filter and rear axle are longer than I would have assumed. I didn't see mention of the trans fluid though.
Oil changes are every 6 mo / 6K miles under normal use. Any sooner is just overkill considering the quality of the synthetic oil.

You can service air filters by back blowing with compressed air. If you can see sunlight/flashlight/trouble light thru the filter, they are serviceable and fine.

And Bull is right on the A8 Trans Fluid.

Best!

OP
N
Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #9

On my M6, I've replaced the fluid once, just because.
Interesting.... Very interesting

OP
N
Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #10
Oil changes are every 6 mo / 6K miles under normal use. Any sooner is just overkill considering the quality of the synthetic oil.

You can service air filters by back blowing with compressed air. If you can see sunlight/flashlight/trouble light thru the filter, they are serviceable and fine.

Best!
Agree on the engine oil from here on out but I like to keep frsh oil moving through the engine for the first few thousand miles, especially the first couple thousand. Understood on the air filter as well, but seeing that it is not a 30 second swap I figured I'd just order an extra one to drop in. I'll clean the other and leave on the shelf to do the same in the future. Actually ordered a factory replacement this morning, $125 but it is what it is. As for the trans fluid, that really is kind of shocking.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Read all 412 pages. Down load every one of em. With the expert opinions on this site. When should the diff oil be changed?? I am at 9,500 and have an oil change coming this month. Good time?? Or past do??

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’d say no to change yet. I do suggest you put a mag plug in the rear end, oil pan and SC cooler if you haven’t already.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I’d say no to change yet. I do suggest you put a mag plug in the rear end, oil pan and SC cooler if you haven’t already.
I know what you meant, but wouldn't put it quite that way when it's Hickster that's asking.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
You guyz from Airazona are ok dudes, but the critters from Never Mind are stand down dudes. I am just going to take it all out. About July 4th will dooz it..

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Suuure, Hiccupster. Give me one example of when I have stood down.
And the time the sliding doors at the Miami airport opened and an unsuspecting me got his first dose of 90 degrees and 95% humidity doesn't count.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
You ole non humidity lubee derm drinking sand sters. Miami air fort has sumtin called a dehumidifier that keeps you sweatsters from melting while drinking your Qu bana coffe stered with camel milk. Take a dip at Bushes Gardens for a wet day. Go to Tampa and make a right for the beer tent.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You're gonna hate this, Hiccupster, but there's no sand around here.
Lubriderm? Yeah, when it won't go above 20% in the house in the winter, I do sometimes use it.

Meanwhile, the Challenger enjoys not rusting away. And probably also that no poisonous snakes or alligators can puncture its tires. Maybe even that it couldn't get moss growing on it if it had to.
And definitely that no escaped former pet snakes could alter its great body lines by trying to constrict it.

So there.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Great target practice objects in case sumtin comes across the golf course. Northern Mexico ought to be busy this time of year since the troops are spending rubber bulletts on un known persons that can't speak English either. Give them practice also. Takes time away from painting the wall green and yeller. Been to NM 1 time and it was a great time except the blizzard out of Santa Fe. Very different compaired to the Miami air port. Golden triangle we visited and it was lightning and snowing at the same time. Damndest thing I have ever seen since 10 legged octer pus I used to date from Diamond Dolls. All a most of us was interesting and those black squarrels.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thankfully, they don't seem to like it around here. Not humid enough, maybe, and definitely not warm enough.
But it could also be that they plan for the future, preferring instead places like Florida where the elderly are well established.

Besides, this is a golf course free zone (no sand for the traps, remember?) and most everybody here are quite well armed. Lots of hunting, but not with rubber bullets.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

Best!
I change mine every 5000 max. Just because.. well I like to drive fast. Did my first changes around 1500 miles. I’m putting less miles on the vehicles now though so I’d imagine the 6 months will come before the miles now.