Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Order Restricted!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I search nationwide. Closer is obviously nice, but far from a necessity for me.

The dealer I buy all FCA/Stellanis vehicles from is 450 miles away, which I kinda consider close. Makes for a long day to go pick them up, but well worth it.
Awww what's 450 miles...The closets drugstore ya got is 325 miles away aint it :unsure::unsure::giggle::giggle:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Awww what's 450 miles...The closets drugstore ya got is 325 miles away aint it :unsure::unsure::giggle::giggle:
Frankly, I have no idea where the nearest drug store is.

Unless you mean the formerly illegal drug kind. If so it's no farther than Colorado, which is quite close. And these days probably even closer than that, since they made that crap legal here, too.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE

The dealer I buy all FCA/Stellanis vehicles from is 450 miles away, which I kinda consider close. Makes for a long day to go pick them up, but well worth it.
To find what you want, at a better price, this is worthwhile. I bought my '18 Ram from a dealer in Louisiana. It was 600 miles away, but I saved thousands and I got my truck equipped, my way. To find a good dealer only, 450 miles away, is a good thing. You are very lucky!

I am considering contacting Koons, as my son is stationed, nearby, this may work.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Sounds good, but in North Florida, it's "Mission Impossible." I've bought two cars in the last 6-8 months and I hated every minute dealing with car dealers, especially trying to find a Demon. I have contacted dealers in south Georgia and central/north Florida and they suck!
Louisiana
Mark dodge

They sold their demons at msrp also, I think they are ordering majority of their cars at deep discounts still.

I think their address is orders@markdodge.net or something like that

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Louisiana
Mark dodge

They sold their demons at msrp also, I think they are ordering majority of their cars at deep discounts still.

I think their address is orders@markdodge.net or something like that
Thank you, I have some calling to do, Koons and Mark Dodge

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
To find what you want, at a better price, this is worthwhile. I bought my '18 Ram from a dealer in Louisiana. It was 600 miles away, but I saved thousands and I got my truck equipped, my way. To find a good dealer only, 450 miles away, is a good thing. You are very lucky!

I am considering contacting Koons, as my son is stationed, nearby, this may work.
100%. I actually enjoy dealing with dealerships. If you know EXACTLY what you want, pit them against each other and get the best deal. They are ALL selling THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS. I love it when they try to say, "Well, we offer better service!" Like what, a newer Kuerig machine in the waiting area? Lmao. If you do this right, YOU have all the leverage, they have NONE.

Preemptive side comment: Yes, I realize this carpet-bombing approach won't necessarily work for special edition cars (like the D170, or OG). That said, there are (other) tacts I've found to be useful for these unique situations.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
100%. I actually enjoy dealing with dealerships. If you know EXACTLY what you want, pit them against each other and get the best deal. They are ALL selling THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS. I love it when they try to say, "Well, we offer better service!" Like what, a newer Kuerig machine in the waiting area? Lmao. If you do this right, YOU have all the leverage, they have NONE.

Preemptive side comment: Yes, I realize this carpet-bombing approach won't necessarily work for special edition cars (like the D170, or OG). That said, there are (other) tacts I've found to be useful for these unique situations.
Carpet bombing works for production cars when the market is flush, as it stands now any highly sought after vehicle even normal production, hellcats, redeyes, c8's, M cars, amg cars, rs cars, porsche 911s/718s, etc etc are all hard to get a hold of and hard to pit dealers against.

Pitting dealers against each other works great in a normal market, problem is that because of the chip shortage manufacturers have learned that lower supply equals greater demand and bigger profit margins, until some manufacturer decides to go back to pumping out cars like this it's gonna be a relatively difficult market, I don't think it will be as tough as peak 2021/2022 but it won't be as easy as pre-covid either.

Remember supply of new and used cars is a symbiotic relationship, leased/financed cars are sold back after 3 years and people buy new cars, those used cars are bought by somebody else who sells their car which is bought by somebody else, etc etc.

If you take out the free availability of new cars at reasonable prices you create a hole that cannot be dug out of until production gets back to pre covid levels.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thank you, I have some calling to do, Koons and Mark Dodge
Yeah definitely, I think you can call and ask for Aaron ginsburgh (that's the main guy who's handling everything), if he doesn't answer just email them and ask them all the questions you have.

Have heard nothing but good things about mark dodge, koons is a decent option too. Another good option is chapman, but I think with shipping fees mark dodge is probably your best bet unless you wanna drive from koons/chapman back to florida.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I agree! I have been purchasing Dodge products for decades and I have noticed a decline of the salesstaff. Example: This past Saturday, I was attempting to order a Ram Classic, my way. The salesman was interested in selling a Ram Longhorn (not a Classic). I informed the salesman, numerous times, I want the Classic, as it fits in my garage and I will transfer my lid and bedrug. Well, I was told the Longhorn is more modern, more options, more room and looks better. As I explained to him, it's my money and I buy, what I want! Then I done a 180 and made a quick exit. I hate going to dealerships...
I think the Classic looks way better in my opinion. I do not like most of the 19 and newer models!

I just drove over 450 miles just to get a hood for my 13 Ram that my son hit a pole with! Hood from eastern NY, grille from southern Kentucky, bumper cover from Rock auto! Grabbed a replacement bed in Illinois last summer. Each one was a day trip except bumper cover, you got to do what you got to do.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
In my case it started with better pricing, but soon turned into something better yet...friendship.That in turn resulted in even better pricing.

I help the very small dealership by buying a fair amount of vehicles there, and while they may not make any money to speak of on my purchases, it helps them with retaining dealership status.

Even if I stopped buying, the owner and I would still yap on the phone every now and then about the projects we have going on. Sometimes he helps me, sometimes I help him. It all works quite well, both from a business and friendship perspective.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Carpet bombing works for production cars when the market is flush, as it stands now any highly sought after vehicle even normal production, hellcats, redeyes, c8's, M cars, amg cars, rs cars, porsche 911s/718s, etc etc are all hard to get a hold of and hard to pit dealers against.

Pitting dealers against each other works great in a normal market, problem is that because of the chip shortage manufacturers have learned that lower supply equals greater demand and bigger profit margins, until some manufacturer decides to go back to pumping out cars like this it's gonna be a relatively difficult market, I don't think it will be as tough as peak 2021/2022 but it won't be as easy as pre-covid either.

Remember supply of new and used cars is a symbiotic relationship, leased/financed cars are sold back after 3 years and people buy new cars, those used cars are bought by somebody else who sells their car which is bought by somebody else, etc etc.

If you take out the free availability of new cars at reasonable prices you create a hole that cannot be dug out of until production gets back to pre covid levels.
Excellent points, as usual. I guess my situation has been different. The last 2 new Dodges I’ve purchased have been the “ specialty” OG Demon in 2018 and this D170 in 2023. So I kinda skipped the “ market is broken” for more normal builds. My wife bought her Kia plug in niro in early 2019 before it became a shitshow and Capet bombing worked like a charm. Got a fantastic deal (plus fed/state ev credits).

After the D170 I’m done with Dodge so I might go unscathed. Feel bad for pandemic buyers for sure. Glad I don’t have to deal with that 💩

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
In my case it started with better pricing, but soon turned into something better yet...friendship.That in turn resulted in even better pricing.

I help the very small dealership by buying a fair amount of vehicles there, and while they may not make any money to speak of on my purchases, it helps them with retaining dealership status.

Even if I stopped buying, the owner and I would still yap on the phone every now and then about the projects we have going on. Sometimes he helps me, sometimes I help him. It all works quite well, both from a business and friendship perspective.
Sadly I think MANY of those positive relationships were torched during the D170 “allocation process”. LOTS of members on here and elsewhere have shared such unfortunate stories.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
When I was buying a convertible mustang years ago i had the GM at one dealership tell me i wasnt being fair when my wife was at another dealership and we were playing them against each other.

Other dealership offered free goodyear eagle gts for life if i bought there. Had them commit in writing to my being able to do an aussie burn out in the lot and theyd still put another set on. Ended up going w first dealer bc of color and options, but was impressed w those folks.

Finally went w the first dealer bc of that and a third dealer telling me on the phone "if theyre really offering that price, i have to tell you to buy it bc i can not touch it." That was a good dealer too. Should have kept that car.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
As for distance, when bought the HC had it trailered 450 miles for just a little.money by a retired couple who did the hauling as a side job in their etirement travels. Totally trustworthy.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sadly I think MANY of those positive relationships were torched during the D170 “allocation process”. LOTS of members on here and elsewhere have shared such unfortunate stories.
Dealerships sold their soul because of 1 car. There may be no future anyway so it may not matter

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Excellent points, as usual. I guess my situation has been different. The last 2 new Dodges I’ve purchased have been the “ specialty” OG Demon in 2018 and this D170 in 2023. So I kinda skipped the “ market is broken” for more normal builds. My wife bought her Kia plug in niro in early 2019 before it became a shitshow and Capet bombing worked like a charm. Got a fantastic deal (plus fed/state ev credits).

After the D170 I’m done with Dodge so I might go unscathed. Feel bad for pandemic buyers for sure. Glad I don’t have to deal with that 💩
I'm Envious of your dealer relationship, you did get an OG demon to be fair.

I literally got f'ed out of so many demons, all I wanted was one 😑.

Yeah you definitely dodged (like the pun?) a bullet when it came to buying a car during the great chip shortage, some of the biggest scumbag moves I have ever seen by dealers across the country on almost every manufacturer.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

You are indeed, very lucky. I thought our dealer was like the one, you described, but greed, won over. I got screwed over twice, this year. We were a customer for many, many years, sales and service. Very disheartening...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Dealerships sold their soul because of 1 car. There may be no future anyway so it may not matter
Yeah best argument out there for the insanity, makes you wonder if dodge was in cahoots, sell car at starting price of 97k+ options and give dealers a bone to markup.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
After the Hellcat, I just don't see anything that I would want to buy from Stellantis.

My dealership experience has gone to shit along with quality control, in my opinion. The rona thing flipped everything upside down.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah definitely, I think you can call and ask for Aaron ginsburgh (that's the main guy who's handling everything), if he doesn't answer just email them and ask them all the questions you have.

Have heard nothing but good things about mark dodge, koons is a decent option too. Another good option is chapman, but I think with shipping fees mark dodge is probably your best bet unless you wanna drive from koons/chapman back to florida.
I appreciate the information! I will contact Mark Dodge and hope for the best.