Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OLD GUYS WILL REMEMBER THESE

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
#6 - but we did have Sears catalogue stores, drop off an order, it'd be at the house in a day or two. better than most of the crap found on-line now
#10 - didn't even have factory installed seatbelts, or AC, in most of ours. and those that had 'em, they were hidden under or behind the seat cushions
#13 - if we didn't bring our own, schools always had plenty of .22 rifles, and many thousands of rounds on hand

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
#6 - but we did have Sears catalogue stores, drop off an order, it'd be at the house in a day or two. better than most of the crap found on-line now
#10 - didn't even have factory installed seatbelts, or AC, in most of ours. and those that had 'em, they were hidden under or behind the seat cushions
#13 - if we didn't bring our own, schools always had plenty of .22 rifles, and many thousands of rounds on hand
Forgot about being an abused child with no seatbelts!:p Good one, but the cars were bigger and more robust.:unsure: Faint memory as a real young one when they took me hunting and I was front center in an old pickup, between two cigarette smoking dudes. No wonder the ears ring, I don’t suppose any hearing protection was provided to the little guy either.

Brings up the constant smoking at home and no ventilation not to mention until the 80-90’s they could smoke in airplanes also.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
#13 - we brought guns to school regularly - for the NRA shooting classes held after regular class in the school basement. No one ever got shot.
My oldest (16) granddaughter just started in a Skeet shooting club sponsored by her school and FFA class. They had a meet two weeks ago on a Saturday and the school provided transportation for the event and provides firearms and training also. Very proud of the school district and ESPECIALLY my granddaughter!!
When I graduated in the 80's most of the males (we knew what we were) had firearms in the back windows. It's not a gun problem, it's a mental health problem and sometimes a kid needs a dose of reality! Social media has completely destroyed the youth of this country and that won't change until we fix families, set some boundaries and and get masculine fathers with good moral standing back into homes!!

Last edited:

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Maybe...but 100 years ago they were flint locks...(couldn't kill that many)..I went to school like most of us...never heard of it happening in any area schools...
Only gave you a dislike because the flint lock comment is 100% inaccurate! Look up what firearms where available in 1924 and people could have done as much damage as today in they wanted to. Todays issue is an accountability along with a mental one and there being no "toxic masculinity" and fathers in the homes and lack of responsibility for ones own actions!
Children today learn from the internet and online that guns solve problems and the complete disregard for firearms knowledge and training and this is what you get. All children used to be taught firearms safety and use at a very young age and should be today as well. My 8 year old grandkids know firearm safety and how to actually use them, albeit in small calibers, such as 22lr and 410 shotgun

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
He was still pretending to be a Christian.
And for the next four years...pretended to be a president...(and his wife a woman)o_O

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
My oldest (16) granddaughter just started in a Skeet shooting club sponsored by her school and FFA class. They had a meet two weeks ago on a Saturday and the school provided transportation for the event and provides firearms and training also. Very proud of the school district and ESPECIALLY my granddaughter!!
When I graduated in the 80's most of the males (we knew what we were) had firearms in the back windows. It's not a gun problem, it's a mental health problem and sometimes a kid needs a dose of reality! Social media has completely destroyed the youth of this country and that won't change until we fix families, set some boundaries and and get masculine fathers with good moral standing back into homes!!
Agreed...strong family network is crucial to the development of our youth..

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
I get it..my flintlock comment was merely anecdotal...my grandkids are learning the safe and responsible firearms training as well...again crucial to well rounded development...kudos to your granddaughter...good job gramps...;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
Forgot about being an abused child with no seatbelts!:p Good one, but the cars were bigger and more robust.:unsure: Faint memory as a real young one when they took me hunting and I was front center in an old pickup, between two cigarette smoking dudes. No wonder the ears ring, I don’t suppose any hearing protection was provided to the little guy either.

Brings up the constant smoking at home and no ventilation not to mention until the 80-90’s they could smoke in airplanes also.
Forgot child restraints...now kids are strapped in like going on the space shuttle...reminds me ..10 yrs. ago I had to babysit my 7yr. old niece on a Sunday..took her to a huge motorcycle swap meet and party...bought her a Harley leather jacket...loaded her up with kids temp tattoos...fed her all kinds of junk food..she danced to the live bands...(the kid had a ball)...when we got back..my wife and sister in law were LIVID...never realized she needed a car seat...(and didn't really care)..she rode there and back in my 97 Viper coupe..she graduates this year...she says it was the most fun she ever had..and thinks her uncle is the coolest..;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Forgot child restraints...now kids are strapped in like going on the space shuttle...reminds me ..10 yrs. ago I had to babysit my 7yr. old niece on a Sunday..took her to a huge motorcycle swap meet and party...bought her a Harley leather jacket...loaded her up with kids temp tattoos...fed her all kinds of junk food..she danced to the live bands...(the kid had a ball)...when we got back..my wife and sister in law were LIVID...never realized she needed a car seat...(and didn't really care)..she rode there and back in my 97 Viper coupe..she graduates this year...she says it was the most fun she ever had..and thinks her uncle is the coolest..;)
That is a great story. Good for you AND her.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
That is a great story. Good for you AND her.
We had a blast together...;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
The overwhelming majority of the incidents listed..were exceptional not the rule..and not all were students..killings were done by adults as well...these modern day shootings we have experienced recently.(by kids bringing gun to schools and killing other random students and teachers) is un precedented...I didn't experience that as a student..and I doubt any Forum member has either

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’m “only” 40, but if it helps frame things for you. It’s only the latest generation that’s really “lost”.
Most of our cars didn’t have belts (probably because my dad was cool and liked his shoeboxes). We were left in the car so that my mom could shop in peace, what we did out there she will never know.
Brand Names was as close as we got to ordering online… that and BMG/Columbia House… which is how I built up a CD collection for pennies on the dollar.
My phone was attached to the wall. We played outside till the street lights turned on, then maybe we went home. We were wrenching on bicycles before lawnmowers, before cars… and we drove as soon as we could cause we had to get to work to pay for gas and insurance. We couldn’t wait to move out.
Problems at school were usually addressed in school. Some kids had to hand out ass whoopins, that’s how it goes. My dad would beat me in the hallway if I got out of hand. Teacher didn’t care, she called him in.
I never used an EBT card, but I knew the food stamps I was using as a kid wasn’t like the money other people had. Didn’t know if it was good or bad, just different.
Not saying that it can be fixed in a generation, or that there is any hope at all, but some of us remember when being American was something to be proud of. We knew who built America because we were still building it, not trying to tear the whole fucking thing down. Tolerance was confused with ignorance, and they took the inch and made it a mile. Good luck getting it back.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
The overwhelming majority of the incidents listed..were exceptional not the rule..and not all were students..killings were done by adults as well...these modern day shootings we have experienced recently.(by kids bringing gun to schools and killing other random students and teachers) is un precedented...I didn't experience that as a student..and I doubt any Forum member has either
None of us did! Columbine started a race to be the most deadly and a lot of the kids that commit these murders almost always mention columbine somewhere in their "manifestos" or online ramblings

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
None of us did! Columbine started a race to be the most deadly and a lot of the kids that commit these murders almost always mention columbine somewhere in their "manifestos" or online ramblings
If I was in charge of the world, these kids’ selfies of themselves posing with guns would never be seen by the public and every reference to them would be by the pronoun “Asshole”.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
They should blanket these protest areas with electronic interference and/or enough energy that if they shoot movies their damn phones become useless forever.

And another thing, you cover your face with a mask for concealment - charge with resisting arrest or obstructing justice and make them pay. If we wore any shit like they do now we would have been beaten and jailed.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Domestic terrorists!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
I dont see it so much an indictment of society..as it is systemic lack of parenting...parents grossly outta touch with their children..who become void of any value systems..leading to a depraved indifference for human life...parents seem clueless...it's not society..or the educational systems obligation to RAISE YOUR CHILDREN...Parenting is the toughest job on the planet...there is no manual...no test for fitness or proficiency for the task...be it financial..psychological or what ever...hell ya cant even cut hair..or trim nails without certification...yet this job...nothin..now I know good parents that check all the boxes..and still it's no guarantee the kids are gonna turn out ok...but without any guidance...well you see what we have today...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Killing people on a computer screen all day can’t help either. Most can handle it but a few cannot.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
Killing people on a computer screen all day can’t help either. Most can handle it but a few cannot.
Agreed...I'm not in favor of censorship...but again it reverts back to parenting...if children indulge in this activity..be it video games..internet driven..or other wise...if parents do not allow their children to be subjected to this...those that sell it... produce it..distribute it...will eventually move on...were back to parenting..