Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Not new but new Hellcat owner

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My lease was up on the Daytona and I wanted to upgrade and I decided I wanted a Billet Charger. Spent a lot of time searching the country to see what was out there. I kept looking at John Dallain's Billet Charger with black strips and red interior that was for sale on here. I reached out to John and we talked for about an hour and reached a deal on the low mileage car. A few days later I rented a Challenger and drove from Michigan to Virginia about 750 miles on a Saturday. Virginia was just starting to open up and we had a great dinner outside at a restaurant. (funny to get excited to be able eat at a restaurant) Spent a few hours at John's house and he showed me some magazines articles and pics of other cars he has owned over the years. I drove my new car home Sunday morning getting 25 mpg. I have never been that way and the scenery and hilly roads made it a fun drive

Thanks again John
20200520_113047.jpg

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Killer story.
Beautiful car.
So, you didn't give your impression on the difference of the Hellcat.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Believe it or not, I drove the car home in eco mode and never got into it. In normal driving feels just like the Daytona but does pull harder..I have only drove it around a few times but feels great to be in a blower car again. I like what you can do in the SRT mode with adjustability of everything.My goal is to get it close or into the 9's with it. I had a 9 second and 10 second Mustang so I'm not new to fast cars

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Congrats and great story but one thing you forgot to do :unsure: take the VA inspection sticker off the windshield:whistle:.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Nice. It’s good to be king.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Great story. What kind of food did you have (jealous...LOL). Beautiful Hellcat...Billet would of been my first choice.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
My lease was up on the Daytona and I wanted to upgrade and I decided I wanted a Billet Charger. Spent a lot of time searching the country to see what was out there. I kept looking at John Dallain's Billet Charger with black strips and red interior that was for sale on here. I reached out to John and we talked for about an hour and reached a deal on the low mileage car. A few days later I rented a Challenger and drove from Michigan to Virginia about 750 miles on a Saturday. Virginia was just starting to open up and we had a great dinner outside at a restaurant. (funny to get excited to be able eat at a restaurant) Spent a few hours at John's house and he showed me some magazines articles and pics of other cars he has owned over the years. I drove my new car home Sunday morning getting 25 mpg. I have never been that way and the scenery and hilly roads made it a fun drive

Thanks again John
View attachment 17704
Beautiful Charger - the black stripes look really good on the Silver paint!!!

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thought that cat looked familiar. Congrats!

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Congrats and great story but one thing you forgot to do :unsure: take the VA inspection sticker off the windshield:whistle:.
Yeah I will kinda cool at the moment

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
(y)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody

Thanks again John
View attachment 17704
Looks really good!!! Congrats

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Great story. What kind of food did you have (jealous...LOL). Beautiful Hellcat...Billet would of been my first choice.
nothing fancy just a burger and fries. John said the place has car shows in the summer. Was just nice to go out to eat and sit outside.Temps were mid 70's it was beautiful! Sign is in the background 20200516_180105.jpg

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Nice. It’s good to be king.
"It's good to be the king".
Luv Mel Brooks movies.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Congratulations from Chicago!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Thanks again John
View attachment 17704
Great color combo...congrats....enjoy with cautious enthusiasm ..:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Great color combo...congrats....enjoy with cautious enthusiasm ..:giggle::giggle::giggle:
Hey now......
Yur good.....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hey now......
Yur good.....
Hunter....I haven't been good since I was twelve...:devilish::devilish::devilish:

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Congrats, sounds like you have a pretty kewl experience picking up the ride.. :cool:

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
Thanks everyone! I have a plan of attack on mods, with a goal to dip into the 9's