Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NOT dead fob battery - updated

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I have changed mine both being separated, and at different times and didn't have any issue with them. I did clean the new battery case, before putting the grease off the old battery on it. some battery's have a waxy protectant on them. Who knows what caused it.

MuscleCat

Founding Member
Doctor
Member ID
Reactions
City
DFW
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger SRT Super Stock
Just before my 3/36K factory warranty was up both of my red key fobs starting working sporadically. The black key fob was still working fine. I replaced the batteries in the red fobs -- it made no difference. Still working only occasionally. I ended up at the dealer, they played around doing testing and determined both red key fobs needed replacement and the black key fob was fine. The dealer ordered two new red fobs, and claimed in order to get new red fobs FCA had to receive my old ones first!

They gave me HC and black key fob back. It took about one week to get the new red key fobs so I was stuck driving around with only the black fob -- so embarassing!

My best advice @Magnified is just bite the bullet and go to dealership. You may need new fobs like I did 1 year ago.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
It has been well documented that for some unknown reason when you change one, you need to change both red if not all. More times than not this has been the fix. Do not ask me why or I will implode.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It has been well documented that for some unknown reason when you change one, you need to change both red if not all. More times than not this has been the fix. Do not ask me why or I will implode.

Getting a water-mass to implode is very very difficult. Please make sure I'm not in the vicinity...

;)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Getting a water-mass to implode is very very difficult. Please make sure I'm not in the vicinity...

;)
implode/explode - 220/221 - whatever it takes...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
No, it was fully closed. Don't know what its problem or the second red fobs problem was. Batteries were good; orientation perfect; everything closed (just did not pound it). Perhaps it checks for other fobs around? Neither of the other two should have been able to be picked up. Why you would do it that way, I can't fathom.
Hi Magnified, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We are happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State