Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Stock Demon Record 9.55!!!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Ron Silva reset the Stock Demon record this past weekend at HRP.
He went 9.550 @ 140.88!!

I don't have easy means to post the timeslip but I'm sure someone
will be along that can. Great job Ron! I'm looking forward to seeing
what the group can accomplish this coming weekend at the Legion
event. Especially you and Tim.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ron Silva reset the Stock Demon record this past weekend at HRP.
He went 9.550 @ 140.88!!

I don't have easy means to post the timeslip but I'm sure someone
will be along that can. Great job Ron! I'm looking forward to seeing
what the group can accomplish this coming weekend at the Legion
event. Especially you and Tim.
Can this be?

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
On stock tires? 100% stock down to the battery? Or very lightly modded with different wheels and tires? Just trying to clarify which record he was chasing.

Last edited:

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Need more info here, Bone stock?!?!

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Aftermarket wheels and tires and lightweight battery have been Ron mods for more than a year now. Race weight is still heavier than the record Demon though. Ron’s one seater is a runner.

Last edited:

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Aftermarket wheels and tires and lightweight battery have been Ron mods for more than a year now. Still heavier than the record Demon though. Ron’s one seater is a runner.
Why was the record Dodge demon lighter? How do we know that it was?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Great job Ron,the Demons are just getting stronger 👍

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Aftermarket wheels and tires and lightweight battery have been Ron mods for more than a year now. Still heavier than the record Demon though. Ron’s one seater is a runner.
Why was the original record Demon lighter than a stock Demon? Is this documented somewhere? First I've heard of this.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Way to go Ron !!!

Get down to Leah Pritchett s weight & go for 9.49

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Why was the original record Demon lighter than a stock Demon? Is this documented somewhere? First I've heard of this.
Might be because of the pint size Leah's weight. Don't know

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Might be because of the pint size Leah's weight. Don't know
Driver weight is not a mod though. I want to know if the factory Demon that set the original record was modified as suggested above.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Driver weight is not a mod though. I want to know if the factory Demon that set the original record was modified as suggested above.
Where did anyone say the factory record setting Demon was modified?

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Where did anyone say the factory record setting Demon was modified?
It was implied that Ron's Demon was heavier than the factory Demon, several people want to know how this is the case. If all we're talking is driver weight then arguably Ron's Demon is the same or lighter. If I recall, Ron has stated that he's around 180lbs, Leah weighs 125lbs. Ron has a lightweight battery and aftermarket wheels so I would imagine he's very close to the same weight. If we're going to get this stupid about it, are we accounting for wind speed and direction too? Is all of that equal? Regardless, the Demon community can be rather stupid when any questions come up about a record run. Its as if no one is allowed to ask any questions. This is why the Demon community catches so much crap, its the attitude that several of their owners have.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
It was implied that Ron's Demon was heavier than the factory Demon, several people want to know how this is the case. If all we're talking is driver weight then arguably Ron's Demon is the same or lighter. If I recall, Ron has stated that he's around 180lbs, Leah weighs 125lbs. Ron has a lightweight battery and aftermarket wheels so I would imagine he's very close to the same weight. Regardless, the Demon community can be rather stupid when any questions come up about a record run. Its as if no one is allowed to ask any questions. This is why the Demon community catches so much crap, its the attitude that several of their owners have.
Oh, I didn't get that implication only that Ron's Demon could be heavier than the record setting factory car be it from the driver, fuel or other type of weight not that the factory Demon was modded.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Oh, I didn't get that implication only that Ron's Demon could be heavier than the record setting factory car be it from the driver, fuel or other type of weight not that the factory Demon was modded.

Roger that. I think that people just want to know more about this run and what record he was actually targeting. I was thinking BeeHappy was the closest to achieving the factory run 100% stock on factory tires. Not taking anything away from Ron's run, 9.55 is a great run that he should feel proud of, but when you start making statement about record runs, its be expected that people are going to be more critical and want to know more details.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Roger that. I think that people just want to know more about this run and what record he was actually targeting. I was thinking BeeHappy was the closest to achieving the factory run 100% stock on factory tires. Not taking anything away from Ron's run, 9.55 is a great run that he should feel proud of, but when you start making statement about record runs, its be expected that people are going to be more critical and want to know more details.
Exactly and I agree. Changing things from what the car was stock even if it's the same weight or slightly heavier than the factory halo Demon puts things in another category..

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
I meant to say race weight....which includes driver.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Why all of a sudden the significant drop in ET? Please tell me it is from using the trans brake. Haha

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Because Leah is 50 lbs lighter than Ron. At the track on race day the weight is determined by rolling the car into the scales with the driver in it immediately after the run. This weight is what should be the focus. Not the battery or any other items that don’t change performance other than weight. As long as Ron’s car (with him in it) is not lighter than that Demon was when it ran that record number with her driving, then his numbers are legit as far as I’m concerned. This is the way the NHRA determines records in all classes that have weight limits. Anything else is just individuals making things up to suit their opinions.

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The NHRA is the recognized sanction that oversees competition on NHRA tracks and that includes records. When the factory Demon that established that advertised record was run, the NHRA was there. They even verified (and then “outlawed”) the car. Remember that? I don’t recall what the actual weight of that car was determined to be with Leah in it, but whatever it was, should be used as the weight limit for determining a legitimate record. When the NHRA recognizes a record in a “stock” class, they don’t care which brand of tire or wheel or battery is in the car any more than what color it is. They may determine the size or type (Drag Radial) of the tire. They may rule that the PCM has to be used in factory settings (locked) and of coarse a bunch of other things considered required to be “stock”. Dodge stated that they knew people would be after their record. They set the bar as high as they could and that is a understatement. What they should have done was lay out some very clear rules (like weight based on their record car) and given the racers doing this a clean target to shoot at instead of giving all the keyboard racers excuses to take potshots. And BTW... Nitto DR’s that are designed as street tires aren’t even allowed on prepped tracks at many events. The NHRA would undoubtedly rule that in a class that requires a DOT tire.... M/T-R’s would be legal.

Last edited: