Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Redeye owner

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Beautiful Cat! Congrats and welcome from South MS!

areuriding

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Manassas Park
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat (Green Go)
Sweet ride, congrats!!! I'd put mud flaps on ASAP otherwise in a few miles you'll be seeing rock chips.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
D, still love that color. Wish I could have found it. Ended up with the black.
That’s good stuff, you just need to keep the black more clean. I am too lucky, we first had our ‘18 GC this color. Loved it, obviously have matching vehicles, now. Looks kool towing the car with it too.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not as easy as the Ram for overtaking as you can't see over the top of vehicles, its my first LHD car rather than truck but was expecting it. Even leaving long gaps you have to be ready to go on opposite bends than normal. I'm more used to it now but feel I miss some opportunities.

I'm wondering whether a camera would give me an advanced view before edging out to see properly, might rig one temporary in the windshield with my phone to see if it would work and then maybe hide it in the bottom grill and get something from z-automotive (or similar) to put it on the car screen.
It would seem that it would pose some challenges...now I would think an M6 would be even more challenging...I for one would find it very odd shifting with my left hand in a Euro spec car...

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
It would seem that it would pose some challenges...now I would think an M6 would be even more challenging...I for one would find it very odd shifting with my left hand in a Euro spec car...
I've only had autos and only rented 1 manual (in Venezuela) and don't remember it being odd. Possibly came more naturally as using right hand.

Have to take junctions squarer as can't see to the right in the Challenger very well but quickly get used to that, Ram isn't so bad, only needs a bit of squareness with front passenger seat pulled just a little forward as can then see out of rear side window. Blind spot is very useful for lane changing, even though I keep an eye on whats coming in the outside lane I did once miss an idiot in a Mazda MX-5 that was running alongside my old F150, blindspot saved what could have been a nasty accident.

I tend to use the LHDs more than my RHD cars, I quite like it. For a 1 mile or so it seems strange in a UK car like you're in the middle of the road and might hit something coming the other way. Then theres the opening of the passenger door by mistake and covering it up by putting my bag on the seat but I've actually found myself half getting in, must make people wonder :LOL:.

Sorry OP, strayed a bit from your lovely new car topic.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
What the hell? You’re driving on the wrong side of the road governor 🤠
Was your Demon converted to RH drive?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Was your Demon converted to RH drive?
No it wasnt,i see that as a good thing as it very difficult to overtake so the temptation is removed.
Are you going to Houston next week?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
No it wasnt,i see that as a good thing as it very difficult to overtake so the temptation is removed.
Are you going to Houston next week?
UK doesn't force u to convert? I think Australia does...

No I am traveling right now for work (field testing). I get back 1st week of Feb. Sucks! Weather looks good! Low times!

u going?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Surprisingly no ,yes Australia does which must cost a pretty penny.

Thats a shame you can’t attend,it was perfect last year,I think everyone got into the nines,maybe next year?

Unfortunately not,even if I had the chance Covid has put a stop to travelling.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Surprisingly no ,yes Australia does which must cost a pretty penny.

Thats a shame you can’t attend,it was perfect last year,I think everyone got into the nines, maybe next year?

Unfortunately not, even if I had the chance Covid has put a stop to travelling.
Next year much better...I want to race my Demon at sea level for sure.

For me, this travel I am on now is the first since the pandemic began in March. As part of our work, we are tested weekly. So far so good. Not thrilled about traveling right now, especially since the US just set global death (4,000+) and case (300,000+) records literally in the last 24h. Tragic, especially since most of this carnage was avoidable.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Congratulations! I agree the gray stripes look really great accenting the black paint. You are going to love your Challenger.

Ever have one of those "WTH?" moments? I'm having one now looking at your car, DGatzby's car and haysbusa's cars. I'll mosey over to look at my car later, but I'm lazy so...what is the white stuff that looks like cardboard behind all those front grills? Lol!

a143gsxr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody