Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New drag car from dodge

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
It’s like $2k less than a Demon was. lol
After the Demon ADM’s it‘s a lot less lol. I guess if youre foolish enough to pay $135k for a Demon then the SS looks like a welfare check. That’s on themselves.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I really just ment it was a more affordable lesser version of the demon . Lol . Those ADM demon markups were brutal.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The demon butthurt will run strong now.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Better than the Demon imo because people wont have to literally buy into the hype this time around. No ECU or crate? Eh those are mostly for bragging rights. Most Demons were overpriced with ADM’s and stashed away, never to be driven, let alone filled with race fuel and raced. Super Stock isnt limited and people will pay MSRP or less, and more importantly, drive them. If I didnt have a RedEye on it’s way I would order one. Dealer would prob freak out if I wanted to switch now. Prob try and make up for it with a crazy price.
- And next year they might come out with something else even more tempting. Trust me, you'll end up blowing through a lot of cash constantly hunting for the latest and greatest. This one only has 10 more HP than the Redeye you have on order already!!

But - If you're an avid drag racer, and I mean the type of guy that likes going to the track and running the car almost every weekend...then the SS might be the better choice for you. Especially if outfitted similar to Demon....trans brake, race fuel option etc.

If you only take an occasional run down a track once or twice a season just for fun there's no way I'd buy a car designed and specifically geared towards drag racing just for bragging rights. That's an expensive compromise.....Its not going to handle as well as a RE on the streets, and I'd bet the suspension will be soft for everyday street driving....

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
- And next year they might come out with something else even more tempting. Trust me, you'll end up blowing through a lot of cash constantly hunting for the latest and greatest. This one only has 10 more HP than the Redeye you have on order already!!

But - If you're an avid drag racer, and I mean the type of guy that likes going to the track and running the car almost every weekend...then the SS might be the better choice for you. Especially if outfitted similar to Demon....trans brake, race fuel option etc.

If you only take an occasional run down a track once or twice a season just for fun there's no way I'd buy a car designed and specifically geared towards drag racing just for bragging rights. That's an expensive compromise.....Its not going to handle as well as a RE on the streets, and I'd bet the suspension will be soft for everyday street driving....
Youre right. Just need to stop looking at the SS lol
Dont look directly into the light kid, “But dad it’s so beautiful...”

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
No mention of an M6 version I assume? That may have been the answer to our drive shaft probs...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Better than the Demon imo because people wont have to literally buy into the hype this time around. No ECU or crate? Eh those are mostly for bragging rights. Most Demons were overpriced with ADM’s and stashed away, never to be driven, let alone filled with race fuel and raced. Super Stock isnt limited and people will pay MSRP or less, and more importantly, drive them. If I didnt have a RedEye on it’s way I would order one. Dealer would prob freak out if I wanted to switch now. Prob try and make up for it with a crazy price.
There is zero hype for the Super Stock. And i love it.
And its a widebody with 3.09s and drag radials. Something a dealer can't fuck up. (They will by picking every option and make them 95k carsand then get pissed i want to order a 0 option one)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
There is zero hype for the Super Stock. And i love it.
And its a widebody with 3.09s and drag radials. Something a dealer can't fuck up. (They will by picking every option and make them 95k carsand then get pissed i want to order a 0 option one)
Great minds...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
After the Demon ADM’s it‘s a lot less lol. I guess if youre foolish enough to pay $135k for a Demon then the SS looks like a welfare check. That’s on themselves.
Poke...C'mon..nobody paid 135 for a Demon..who would do that...nobody on here I bet...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Poke...C'mon..nobody paid 135 for a Demon..who would do that...nobody on here I bet...
Lol no one that will admit it no...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
3 Demon's from that Vannoy collection just went over 125k and they were technically "used"

No thanks. I'll take a S/S and hopefully some power dollars with it. You can get the skinny front wheels to match the Holeshot ones or just go aftermarket. And a tune on e85 should net low 9's and daily driver comfort for under 100k (hopefully a lot under)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
3 Demon's from that Vannoy collection just went over 125k and they were technically "used"

No thanks. I'll take a S/S and hopefully some power dollars with it. You can get the skinny front wheels to match the Holeshot ones or just go aftermarket. And a tune on e85 should net low 9's and daily driver comfort for under 100k (hopefully a lot under)
There wont be power dollars on the ss...or discounts I bet...count on 85 plus taxes...under six figures..not by much

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There wont be power dollars on the ss...or discounts I bet...count on 85 plus taxes...under six figures..not by much
Then why buy the S/S over the Redeye? Is the Redeye being discontinued? Been nearly a year of PD, if find it hard to believe anyone will pay 80+ for the S/S if they can get the RE for 8 grand less. I wouldn't

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Glad I have been enjoying the Redeye for going on two seasons now. I have it nearly tweaked correctly now and will be keeping it. When it is necessary and extra horse or two output is a few thousand bucks away.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s too bad they didn’t go with that new Redeye Charger hood. That thing hits it out of the park! I’ve been waiting on the Redeye Hippo hood to do it for me and it hasn’t. Still not liking that. So the SS has the 10hp increase because the shift points have been raised. Maybe In the process they also addressed the shifting issues that the Redeye has experienced. Also maybe... that could be a factory calibration that could be dealer flashed into a current model Redeye and fix that problem. 🤔

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
It’s too bad they didn’t go with that new Redeye Charger hood. That thing hits it out of the park! I’ve been waiting on the Redeye Hippo hood to do it for me and it hasn’t. Still not liking that. So the SS has the 10hp increase because the shift points have been raised. Maybe In the process they also addressed the shifting issues that the Redeye has experienced. Also maybe... that could be a factory calibration that could be dealer flashed into a current model Redeye and fix that problem. 🤔
I am working on this from all angles. But there are some key points that now make this more of a possibility. #1 the S/S is a 2020 RedEye same as mine so all emissions and safety aspects will still apply. #2 the drag focused settings in the drive mode screen are still called TRACK. The S/S uses the 3.09 gear and my car is a factory 3.09 car. Wow, I think this might be a possibility. To put a 2018 Demon PCM/TCM calibration along with the dirve modes in a RedEye is not logical. But to put all that from a S/S into a same year RedEye seems do-able.

Jim Wilder said they could never do a one off calibration for my car. But now this. HHMMmmmmmmm.

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
I have to admit I like the sound of "SUPER STOCK" a lot better than "REDEYE". Never really bought into that label.

Latest Forum Posts