Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New drag car from dodge

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
dude that’s a promod.
At that speed, they all have to be.

Even the Larry Larson S10 changed just about every body panel etc before making a run on drag week to set a record and make a point.

You need a 25.X cage just to run under 8.50s. Do you need to run faster than that for a street car? And even those cages are only good to 7.50!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
At that speed, they all have to be.

Even the Larry Larson S10 changed just about every body panel etc before making a run on drag week to set a record and make a point.

You need a 25.X cage just to run under 8.50s. Do you need to run faster than that for a street car? And even those cages are only good to 7.50!
im not sure your point.

all I’m saying is the S/S isn’t going to go any faster. Maybe launch will be slightly better. Buts the car is maxed out. I’m hoping this is the last iteration and we got a new platform to play with.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
im not sure your point.

all I’m saying is the S/S isn’t going to go any faster. Maybe launch will be slightly better. Buts the car is maxed out. I’m hoping this is the last iteration and we got a new platform to play with.
Dodge is kind of at the limit right now.
NHRA won't let them built a 9 second car to race from the factory. Unless you want a corner carving car, in which case, that is long over due