Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Napa vs laguna leather?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The Napa/Alcantera combo is the same option that's been around since '15. Alcantera on the whole face of the seat (red in the pic below), with just a little leather trim around the edges.

The Laguna/Alcantera was a new option for '19. It has more (and supposedly nicer) leather, and alcantera only in the very center of the seat (see below). It also includes an alcantera wrapped steering wheel.
Similar to what I have. Except the steering wheel is leather and black seats and belts.
Had leather in my 16, now with the 19, I have the mix.
Love it.... So far.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Good idea. But I might be keeping the kitty.
Dealer says my asking price of 52,000 is too high. He said retail is $ 53,000. They will only offer me $45,000 for my trade.

That's not going to happen. My car had a msrp $74,650. This is a toy for me not a necessity, so I'm not going to throw that kind of money away.

Looks like it's time for a 2.85 pulley and demon injectors.
Go to another dealer for your trade. You can do better. Don't forget about the power discount on new purchases. That extra $10 per HP is pretty enticing.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have the Nappa in my Durango and the Laguna in the Cat. The Laguna is much nicer (thicker, softer) and I expect it will wear better and last longer. The Nappa is clearly thinner and cheaper.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Just that the cows come from a different part of California. Sorry, had to be a smart ass :)

Dancap3286

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
I’m a dyed in the wool metal head. For me the cheaper Alpine system sounds better than the heavy bass woofer that comes with the Harmon-kardon. Truthfully I rarely listen to music in the redeye as to me the engine and exhaust are music.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
My laguna is already showing some lower bolster wear (1yr, 6000 miles, weekend/nice weather only) from all I've read, it doesnt seem to visibly hold up as well as synthetic alcantera, although I do like the feel of laguna more.
I've been conditioning it to hopefully slow down the wear signs, but its also rumored that laguna is fully coated/treated and most conditioners will do absolutely nothing...:cautious: