Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He flat told me that he and the rest of the sales team for his dealership were calling around to many other dealerships and matching prices with each other, and specifically upwards, and that they had done this after our verbal agreement and further that as a result that I had been knocked off of the last available position as a result.
Again these tactics are disturbing to say the least...unfortunately this dynamic has been fueled by the consumer..the motor company released a (so called one and done final offering)..at a bargain price when you factor in people have been paying in some cases more for a loaded RE...as long as consumers are willing to pay over MSRP..the sky is the limit..I'm not sure how you can effectively change that...we (the consumer did this)..NO dealer is going to leave money on the table..just the opposite..their mission when you walk in the door is to wring every dollar they can out of you..that's why they have finance and insurance people to up sell you on everything after the deal..conversely the consumer will play one dealer against the other looking for the very best deal not to pay a penny more than they think they should..there are very few dealers that have any loyalty to the consumer..and consumers have even less to a particular dealer...that's the nature of the car business....just imagine if the motor company and the dealers took the position that NO current Demon owners were eligible for this car as the vast number of consumers that wanted one in 18 were just not able to secure one..thus they will be given first priority...can you imagine the outrage...it's unfortunate that so many people are getting screwed it's not right..nor is it right for an MSRP buyer to flip for the 100/200 windfall...till we the consumers decide it's not worth more than MSRP...don't look for much to change...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was.
Now I'm just out. Going to finish my 421motor build and wait for my Z06.

The 421 might end up with a F1x.
I want one...not that bad though

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Except they are grabbing for the short term gains while scorching their loyal customers. Get that one big sale and bail. Enjoy the Hornet, asshats.
Would tend to agree...but even they know none of us are going to buy a Hornet...they have nothing to loose..even if they gave us all Demon 170's..after that were gone...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
No, we weren't allowed in there. That was one of my points!!
That was my point as well.. and that's why we weren't allowed in...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Would tend to agree...but even they know none of us are going to buy a Hornet...they have nothing to loose..even if they gave us all Demon 170's..after that were gone...
Depends
Hornet could be a great car if you have a teen or college student needing reliable transportation.
Or a winter beater.

We had to replace our older vans. I got 4 new RAM vans from one dealer that hosed me.
I have more HD trucks in line for replacement later this year and next year. I'll call the salesman for a quote but I'm buying Ford or GM.

All because 15-20 over wasn't enough. I was converting our fleet over to FCA that's not happening now. It might not be much in the grand scheme of things but it will equal more over the long haul than the pro athlete is going to spend. Oh well.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Anyone see one of these yet? Sealed the deal by trading in a 2018 Demon, paying ADM, and wiring $50k to the dealer to hold the spot.

People securing the deals are going all in.

Attachments

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Depends
Hornet could be a great car if you have a teen or college student needing reliable transportation.
Or a winter beater.

We had to replace our older vans. I got 4 new RAM vans from one dealer that hosed me.
I have more HD trucks in line for replacement later this year and next year. I'll call the salesman for a quote but I'm buying Ford or GM.

All because 15-20 over wasn't enough. I was converting our fleet over to FCA that's not happening now. It might not be much in the grand scheme of things but it will equal more over the long haul than the pro athlete is going to spend. Oh well.
The car business is a ruthless business @ times...from purchase..to service...more often than not...ya got no friends when you walk through the door...and alot of people think they got a great deal..when in fact they got hosed...especially if your trading in a car...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
maybe economy isn’t as soft as we think and it will spring back😉

believe that one and I have a bridge to sell Ya.
What does the bridge cross:unsure:

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #170

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Did you see today Lambo announced the new successor to the Aventador...the Revuelto? Just over 1k hp and slower than the Demon 170. My sales guy told me to expect it to be around $575k base plus another $75k in average options. Compare that to the Demon 170. Aesthetically, I think the Demon 170 looks better than the Revuelto.
Lambo:LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
New York to London
Think how fast we could go on that until we run out of gas:LOL:

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
The car business is a ruthless business @ times...from purchase..to service...more often than not...ya got no friends when you walk through the door...and alot of people think they got a great deal..when in fact they got hosed...especially if your trading in a car...
That's why after I trade in a car and feel like the deal was good or at least fair I never look back at the Dealers website to see what they are asking for the one I traded in. It can only make you feel bad by looking to see.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Which is pretty shitty.
The one GM I was working with knows I deal with the fleet of trucks and vans. We agreed to a small markup because it was likely the owner wouldn't sell without.
Owner comes back from Vegas and its 100k starting bid.

I hope that 100k is worth losing a corporate account over. Because im buying Chevys next time. GM knows it the owner doesn't care.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Which is pretty shitty.
The one GM I was working with knows I deal with the fleet of trucks and vans. We agreed to a small markup because it was likely the owner wouldn't sell without.
Owner comes back from Vegas and its 100k starting bid.

I hope that 100k is worth losing a corporate account over. Because im buying Chevys next time. GM knows it the owner doesn't care.
I think it really is sad some would rather lose customers then the one big sale. I really hope any dealer that told dodge there was no adm but there actually was has a lawsuit against them for lying about the deal. Dodge is losing a lot of buyers because of ev's they may lose even more over this

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I think it really is sad some would rather lose customers then the one big sale. I really hope any dealer that told dodge there was no adm but there actually was has a lawsuit against them for lying about the deal. Dodge is losing a lot of buyers because of ev's they may lose even more over this
I believe the people that will boycott Dodge over this latest fiasco are such an insignificant percentage of buyers that’s it’s not even a consideration. Furthermore, there is probably quite the overlap of pissed off wannabeDemon170 owners and EV haters that their business was going to be lost anyway.

Consider the hardcore MOPAR guy that’s trying to get his hands on this car, the ADM scares him away… ok. Well, is this hardcore MOPAR guy now going to go somewhere else? Ford? GM? lol, I think not.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Depends
Or a winter beater.

Hosed how? Overcharged?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States