Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MOTORHEAD..HC's..AND OLD FAT GUYS

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #81
Old and Fat here. Trying to lose some lard since my triple bypass. Was 280... now 230. Coming down slowly.

My son bought me a redundant bike for exercise and fat burn recently. I would have to pedal from here to Mexico to burn off just part of my fat ass. I refer to it as my repugnant bike.

Although I look like Santa Claus, my wife says that I am hot and sexy....

Well at least that is what I overheard her saying to someone on the phone the other day.

Hmmm.... on second thought, she might not have been talking about me. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
the only way she was talkin bout you...is if her first name is Helen...and her maiden name was Keller

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
the only way she was talkin bout you...is if her first name is Helen...and her maiden name was Keller
Got a point there.

I think the person on the other end of the phone was a carpenter. She said STUD more than once.. :LOL:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
lol, I remember what a huge thing the GNX was back in the day. Zero-to-sixty 5.4 and a blazing 13.4 at 104.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #84
lol, I remember what a huge thing the GNX was back in the day. Zero-to-sixty 5.4 and a blazing 13.4 at 104.
Thtat was the car to die for...first car I can remember that commanded an ADM of ten grand...I thought that was crazy...it took a couple of months...but somebody paid it...

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
36 and thick :LOL: (6’3 265)
Once my neck and back were destroyed I couldn’t be as active as I was just months before. Having been through a gamut of treatments and tests, I’m wondering if getting back into a regiment, pushing through the pain, wouldn’t be the best thing for me.
That kind of pain is hard to push through. Not much worse out there! meds that can knock it down put you down.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
That kind of pain is hard to push through. Not much worse out there! meds that can knock it down put you down.
That’s the damn truth and if you read cause of death to most of these Rock Stars, Athletes, Movie Stars...etc. You will see they have many drugs in their system and Ibuprofen (Advil) which is a heart stopper eventually. Many people have no clue poping Advil every day will cause a stroke. It slows down your blood flow to your heart. And since it’s anti inflammatory it’s actually stopping your natural hormones from trying to repair your muscle tissue from naturally healing on its own. It’s so contradictory to what you think it’s actually doing to your natural healing process. That’s why your body is sore after doing strenuous work it’s like the good old days when you exercised to much.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Thanks for sharing!! I purchased my GN new in October 1987 to celebrate turning 40. I paid $16,900 plus title and taxes. I kept the car for 14 years and sold it with 78k miles. That was my baby!:)

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thanks for sharing!! I purchased my GN new in October 1987 to celebrate turning 40. I paid $16,900 plus title and taxes. I kept the car for 14 years and sold it with 78k miles. That was my baby!:)
I (sort of) miss mine - we'll see if the HC is a suitable replacement autocross car in a few months. You can see me racing ( @cole3986 ) it here: https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/2019-poverty-pak-widebody-challenger.3128/post-5906 Autocross is way more engaging then just driving in a straight line as it is like full-sized go karting - and I strongly recommend everyone try it.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Your a winner there big dog....a word of advice on the SS...take it @ 66...DONT wait till 70...just keep working...
First thanks. I pray a lot now.
So SS is an interesting question. We had a big discussion on that, not long ago and I had to work some math. In my case, and probably everyone else, it looked like the gamble was this... wait until the max is up and take it late, as long as a guy lives until 85-86 yr old, you win, good bet. Your even in your mid-80's and your old ass is pulling down good money to pay for sushi every night. Die prior to that, you lose, and should have taken it at 66. I imagine the stats say us old bastards won't live that long. With me and also a lot of you guys still working the complication is additional flipping income to declare. If a guy our age is still working either you have to in order to eat and pay the rent, or your making so much, enjoying it and have a cause, it looks stupid to stop working now. At this point I am hedging towards living! Someone delivers the big C diagnosis or something, I'll drive that RE to the nearest SS office that very day.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s the damn truth and if you read cause of death to most of these Rock Stars, Athletes, Movie Stars...etc. You will see they have many drugs in their system and Ibuprofen (Advil) which is a heart stopper eventually. Many people have no clue poping Advil every day will cause a stroke. It slows down your blood flow to your heart. And since it’s anti inflammatory it’s actually stopping your natural hormones from trying to repair your muscle tissue from naturally healing on its own. It’s so contradictory to what you think it’s actually doing to your natural healing process. That’s why your body is sore after doing strenuous work it’s like the good old days when you exercised to much.
It has the heart attack/stroke risk much like other NSAID's, maybe worse in that department, but my favorite is what I call vitamin-V; Voltaren. It does stupid good pain and anti-inflammatory work. It also does some blood thinning because you need to stop it a week before any surgery. But, I absolutely know it does not interfere with the healing process.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I'm an outlier here and for my job. 😂
6'2 & 185. 50 yrs old. Best shape of my life, ever.

Remember it 85% what you eat and when. 👍

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So SS is an interesting question. We had a big discussion on that, not long ago and I had to work some math. In my case, and probably everyone else, it looked like the gamble was this... wait until the max is up and take it late, as long as a guy lives until 85-86 yr old, you win, good bet. Your even in your mid-80's and your old ass is pulling down good money to pay for sushi every night. Die prior to that, you lose, and should have taken it at 66. I imagine the stats say us old bastards won't live that long. With me and also a lot of you guys still working the complication is additional flipping income to declare. If a guy our age is still working either you have to in order to eat and pay the rent, or your making so much, enjoying it and have a cause, it looks stupid to stop working now. At this point I am hedging towards living! Someone delivers the big C diagnosis or something, I'll drive that RE to the nearest SS office that very day.
You need to be VERY careful taking SS while still working (earned income) as they not only tax it as income but once you earn certain thresholds they begin reducing your benefit !

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Once you reach your full retirement age your S.S. benefit can be taxed up to 85% if working...only taking benefit prior to full retirement age can result in S.S. offsets if still working.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agree. Like I indicated if I am working, it makes no sense to add more complications and pay more tax. I don't want it, I am blessed and don't need it. It looks like a nice bucket if I can wait, I just need to keep breathing!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #96
Well...I have no plans of retiring..(I don't even consider it work)..as far as the SS...its just under 90 g's...from 66 to 70...I can turn that 88 g's and get a 17.5% return on that money...if you die...zero...now that risk is just CRAZY..you wife looses on everything you've contributed for over 40 yrs??? not gonna happen

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
For sure... try doing a push-up with significant straightening, a tear in the cord, and bulging discs in your neck, or the same with pull-ups when the pain shoots through your shoulders. Crunches/sit-ups? I can't even lay on the floor, let alone repeatedly. I can't hang my head over the counter while I'm reading mail, so hanging it out over the floor for push-ups makes me see stars.

I agree with the above - it starts and ends with diet, if you can't get that right, you won't make much progress. My biggest problem? being miserable all day and finding joy in very few things... food and drink being 2 of them. Moderation, moderation, moderation... that's where I need the most work I think.

On rare occasions I'll take 1600mg of Ibuprofen so that I can move, but I don't take anything on a regular basis, and even then its usually after the tears start forming.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
For sure... try doing a push-up with significant straightening, a tear in the cord, and bulging discs in your neck, or the same with pull-ups when the pain shoots through your shoulders. Crunches/sit-ups? I can't even lay on the floor, let alone repeatedly. I can't hang my head over the counter while I'm reading mail, so hanging it out over the floor for push-ups makes me see stars.

I agree with the above - it starts and ends with diet, if you can't get that right, you won't make much progress. My biggest problem? being miserable all day and finding joy in very few things... food and drink being 2 of them. Moderation, moderation, moderation... that's where I need the most work I think.

On rare occasions I'll take 1600mg of Ibuprofen so that I can move, but I don't take anything on a regular basis, and even then its usually after the tears start forming.
I would start with cutting out sugar, dairy and bread... at least as much as possible . Try this for 2 months and I guarantee you won't need 1600mg of Ibuprofen. Start your training slow with stretching and light core exercises. In time you will be upgrading to bands for strength.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well...I have no plans of retiring..(I don't even consider it work)..as far as the SS...its just under 90 g's...from 66 to 70...I can turn that 88 g's and get a 17.5% return on that money...if you die...zero...now that risk is just CRAZY..you wife looses on everything you've contributed for over 40 yrs??? not gonna happen
Good point, my math did not consider investing it. I'll keep crunching numbers, thanks!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Jack, what my personal trainer has me doing is almost NONE of those old accepted exercises, which DO cause horrible problems and pain. Look into someone who really knows their stuff to help. It is amazing what a few weeks of shoulder work with very light bands can do, along with strict form, light weights and modifications to the old thinking of the maximum range of motion in exercise is better. Helping my back is doing many light bilateral exercises with the vertical push/pull station. Pulls, pushes, sideways exercises of various types, balance practice with really strange motions I would not have ever considered in my old mind of tricks. Screw push-ups, crunches and even thinking of lifting over the head or any other resistance that requires that too. It has NOT been necessary to use my inversion machine so frequently now! That alone says something about my back.